Weather on transatlantic in November

Bedruthen

Just trying to get my head round packing for a Caribbean cruise starting and finishing in Southampton I next week. I am hoping to need summer clothes for the days in the Caribbean, but have no idea what to expect weather wise for the rest of the cruise. I have read that that is is reasonable to expect warm weather once you get past the Azores, but are we talking sitting around the pool warm, or just warm enough not to need a coat!

What has been your experience please?

We'll be with you as far as NY and I'm expecting it to be chilly enough for coats all the way across, it'll be windy even down to the Caribbean though the wind will be warmer as you head south (I'd hope!) It may well be wet as well on the crossing & fog is always a possibility though I hope we don't get too much as I like the long ocean views. I'm crossing my fingers for a mild sunny day on the approach to NY because the gulf stream is a wonderful thing but whatever happens it'll be great.

Sorry if thats no real help to you :-)

Dear Bedruthen,

As you are well cruised having layering in clothes this time of year when chning latitudes as well attitudes is vital. The carib means usually in the 70f and 80f now.

In the Greater N.J./ NYC area here we are scheduled to have record cold this week acoming now. Just below freezing 20'sf to 30's.

As you have seen a ships speed is as well can be chilly.

May your cruise be well and not such big swells !

Just trying to get my head round packing for a Caribbean cruise starting and finishing in Southampton I next week. I am hoping to need summer clothes for the days in the Caribbean, but have no idea what to expect weather wise for the rest of the cruise. I have read that that is is reasonable to expect warm weather once you get past the Azores, but are we talking sitting around the pool warm, or just warm enough not to need a coat!

What has been your experience please?

Hi,

I did a crossing on the QM2 from Southampton to New York City in November 2014. During my crossing, the weather was cool and windy (I did not spend much time on my balcony). I needed a fairly heavy coat. Based on my experience, you will not want to sit near the outdoor pools until after the ship leaves New York City and heads toward the Caribbean.

Chuck

We sailed a Transatlantic from Florida to Southampton, on a different cruiseline, beginning of May this year. The weather and temps were sitting out warm until a couple of days from the Azores. Your route will be more southerly than ours was, as you are heading to the Caribbean, so my guess would be even for late November that your final 2/3 sea days before reaching the Caribbean would be sitting out warm. For the previous day or two prior to that you might possibly be able to walk around comfortably outdoors, but too cool to sunbathe. Returning, it should be similar but maybe a day less in sitting out conditions. Ponta Delgada in May was very nice, but windy and coolish so don't expect to wear the Caribbean gear that day. It is a fabulous island, and attractive town to explore.

Cunard is a fabulous cruiseline, and there will be plenty other ways to relax. We need to wait until July 2018 for our QV trip to the Baltics!