Escape Deck 15

styme123

I just got my room assignment for my Aug trip to Bermuda, deck 15 all the way aft 15278. When I originally booked it was for the GTY BF balconies on deck 10-11. I was thinking they would be the most quiet with a deck above and below. Should I be concerned about being under the Garden Cafe and another floor up from that Spice H20 and noise? The room is $500 more than I paid, I guess since it's close to the pools and food. I just worry about noise more than convenience. Should I call and change to a lower level? I did a bunch of searches and didn't turn up much .

GTY is the category you booked or any higher. Sounds like you got upgraded. From what I've seen on here ncl isn't likely to change your room unless you pay for an upgrade. The perils of GTY. It's happened to me too.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

GTY is the category you booked or any higher. Sounds like you got upgraded. From what I've seen on here ncl isn't likely to change your room unless you pay for an upgrade. The perils of GTY. It's happened to me too.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yeah, I usually wouldn't do GTY but it was all they had left since I was booking late. I wonder if they would even move me again without me asking since it's GTY before they sail? Just thinking about the noise from above :o but I could just be over thinking it. Which is more likely for me;p

15278 has a large overhang above it (from the Garden Cafe) which blocks the sun but also blocks some of the view of the sky at night. It also has a partially blocked view aft because of the washing equipment. On the plus side, the balcony is wider (not deeper) than most other standard side balconies although part of the extra width has a slanted roof. A lounger will easily fit along with the standard chairs and table.

15278 has a large overhang above it (from the Garden Cafe) which blocks the sun but also blocks some of the view of the sky at night. It also has a partially blocked view aft because of the washing equipment. On the plus side, the balcony is wider (not deeper) than most other standard side balconies although part of the extra width has a slanted roof. A lounger will easily fit along with the standard chairs and table.

:( didn't know there was washing equipment there.

vr8qv&LDHp.JPG

It moves but that is where it is "parked"

Thanks so much for the picture! kind of makes worse because you can't see out to the left. It looks like the top is angled also and losing more space:(

It looks like the top is angled also and losing more space

Not really. The "extra" part of the balcony has the angled roof. The standard part of the balcony is the same size as usual. In other words, 15278 has the same balcony as the rest plus the extra space which has an angled roof.

Thanks for the pictures. That is a huge overhang. I'm not sure I would want to be there.

Escape and Bliss aren't exactly the same but Escape is worse for some people depending on where their stateroom is. For others, it is the same. Bliss' deck is "smoother" along the aft....

3pzFr!gonw.jpg

^^ Bliss

BWiQZAuJWy.jpg

^^ Escape

I will be staying in room 15854. Anyone have any reviews on it?[/quo

I'm bidding on some other cabins so if I don't get those. I might ask if there are any others to move too. I don't want to get the balconies on too low of a floor though so we'll see. I don't mind the over hang as much as the washing equipment. I'm very fair skinned so I fry in the sun ;p

I can show you 15830 (starboard side)....

Nwb2mSv2Ge.jpg

....(not my photo)

Do you have a picture of this room? 15830? I have it booked for January and I thought it would be a good room with a slightly bigger angled balcony.

We just got back from the Escape on Sunday. We were in room 15270- which is the angled balcony a few rooms in front of yours. We loved it! We picked that room because it was aft on the 15th floor and the angled balcony. The location is so convenient to the pools and buffet and we actually like the overhang. It rained the day we left NYC and the second day but we could sit out there since it had a good cover.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yeah, I usually wouldn't do GTY but it was all they had left since I was booking late. I wonder if they would even move me again without me asking since it's GTY before they sail? Just thinking about the noise from above :o but I could just be over thinking it. Which is more likely for me;p

The chances of them moving your stateroom are not zero, but about as close to it as you can get.

As for asking them to move you, those odds are zero.

These are the risks with a GTY (even if you had no other option).

We just got back from the Escape on Sunday. We were in room 15270- which is the angled balcony a few rooms in front of yours. We loved it! We picked that room because it was aft on the 15th floor and the angled balcony. The location is so convenient to the pools and buffet and we actually like the overhang. It rained the day we left NYC and the second day but we could sit out there since it had a good cover.

Did you hear any noise from the above deck or Spice?

Did you hear any noise from the above deck or Spice?

We did not hear noise from the buffet. We did hear bass from the parties at Spice if we had the balcony door open but it wasn’t loud enough to keep us awake- I was no louder then “normal” ship noises (when the tv was on, we didn’t hear anything, even with the door open).

• 4 weeks later...

We had a room under the Buffet and the chairs start dragging across the ceiling about 6am....bothers us because we are late risers. Light thumping bass from Spice H20, but we are out till 2am at least anyway so it didn't matter to us. You will be shaded at the 12-4 timeframe if I recall. It depends on when the ship is coming or going. For us, the beginning of the trip, the Sun rose on our side. On the return trip, it set on our side.