Rsvp 2019

PhillyTravelBug

friends and I were planning an Alaska 2019 cruise for July. He insists RSVP is hosting a cruise to Alaska next year. When do they usually announce these? I feel like it should already be on sale. I’m set now on going to Alaska, either with my partner or friends, regardless of the theme of the cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

On this years cruise they insisted they would announce next years Alaska "soon". That was 4+ months ago. Its become par for the course for Atlantis/RSVP...poor management. Good reason to try Vacaya next year and see what improvements they bring to the table

• 4 weeks later...

We are also waiting for the announcement. RSVP/Atlantis always announces their charter cruises first to previous customers. The last cruise I took with them one of the staff/volunteers told me that only a handful of people are actually paid by the company (Rich the owner, the cruise director and an assistant). Thus they aren't very responsive.

I do think the extra expense for RSVP/Atlantis cruises are worth it. The entertainment is first rate and makes for a memorable time. Even the staff seem to enjoy them since it's not their standard customers of complaining bitter people.

Even if you are an old bitter queen (like me I guess) you will be welcomed and treated well. Just don't be judgmental about the young sluts.

Yes, I was on the previous cruise and they did claim that they were planning an Alaska cruise. My guess is that they may announce in August for August 2019. Unfortunately, I am losing a little confidence in them to offer new interesting cruises rather than repeating the same cruises every 2-3 years with the same talent and the same ships that are getting old. Rather, I notice Atlantis is busy offering more and more cruises (3 so far from Jan - June 2019 with another one planned) on interesting ships (Oceania, Celebrity Edge...) and I can see where RSVP/Atlantis interests really lie. Probably will be my last year in Feb 2019 with RSVP....

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

They have finally announced the RSVP Alaska cruise but they haven't opened it for booking yet.

The Alaska cruise is on Holland America's Oosterdam from Seattle on July 14 to 21.

I'm not sure why it has taken this long for them to announce it but since Atlantis and RSVP merged and have chartered many more ships they are likely overloaded.  They were always slow but usually not this slow.

Are there any posts, any where, about the 2019 RSVP Caribbean Cruise? In previous years, the forums were filled with anticipating cruisers, but I can't find anything this year. Am I missing something? The RSVP says much of it is sold out, yet...

• 1 month later...

The RSVP Alaska cruise is open for booking.  I am surprised they announced it this late.  I guess they have a lot of repeat business.  Does anyone have experience with Vacaya or Brand G?  I wonder if they are more professional.

The RSVP/Atlantis cruises seem to focus mostly on organizing theme parties and entertainment.  Their gay acrobatic show is Cirque du Soleil quality.

On 1/10/2019 at 4:03 PM, BayAreaBC said:

The RSVP Alaska cruise is open for booking.  I am surprised they announced it this late.  I guess they have a lot of repeat business.  Does anyone have experience with Vacaya or Brand G?  I wonder if they are more professional.

The RSVP/Atlantis cruises seem to focus mostly on organizing theme parties and entertainment.  Their gay acrobatic show is Cirque du Soleil quality.

Vacaya is all new, it's first cruise is August 2019 out of New York to Canada and New England.

There are some former RSVP/Atlantis talent involved there but they are going for a bit of a different LGBTQ vacation experience. I am looking forward to being on that cruise!

So far Vacaya has been very professional!

Edited by Boytjie
  • Haha 1

I think I'll wait for reviews and feedback about Vacaya before booking.  One thing I resent about gay charter cruises is that they are more expensive and offer no discounts or perks.  I guess the entertainment is a perk.  The headliners I've seen are definitely not A listers but performers like Miss Richfield and the aforementioned acrobatic show deserve to be IMHO.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2019 at 7:46 PM, Boytjie said:

Recently announced (very late!)

RSVP Alaska cruise, July 14-21, 2019.

Itinerary:
Seattle, WA
Juneau, AK
Scenic Cruising Hubbard Glacier
Sitka, AK
Ketchikan, AK
Victoria, Canada

Do you have a link for this? I just checked out their website and FB page earlier this week and didn’t see any update.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 2/26/2019 at 3:47 PM, ConradMZ said:

I am now booked on that Alaska cruise. See the roll call thread (which no one had started yet until today when I did).

How was it?  Our group leaves for Seattle Friday for our cruise on the Bliss beginning Sunday.