Dumb question for repeat DCL cruisers

Tljcruiser

As repeat cruises how do you find out the new sailing dates/itineraries and book prior to public release dates? I was interested in fall 2019, I called DCL in April inquiring about when those dates would be released. I spoke with an agent that told me she didn't know for sure but she suspected June. I asked how to be notified prior to the release date in order to have a better chance with cabin choice and best rate. She told me I would be placed on a list to be contacted prior to public release date and someone from Disney would contact me when they were open to Castaway Club members to book. I checked yesterday and found the dates were released and the cabins I was most interested are already booked :( What is the trick to getting in on this? I use a travel agent about 75% of the time and I guess I should have told her to be on the lookout, but based on what I was told by the Disney rep I did not think it was necessary. Any advice appreciated.!

Travel agents, at least those who book a lot of DCL cruises, get information on the DATES of the cruises a few days before they are released on line. They do not get pricing information, just ships, dates, where they are going. My TA sends me a link to this information along with a form that I can complete if I want them to make a "hold" booking for me. The booking is not confirmed until I have had a chance to review the pricing and OK making a deposit on the cruise.

The boards usually have the info as soon as it is released to TAs (as I started a thread here as soon as I saw the information).

The only thing I can suggest to you is that you tell your TA that you want the information as soon as he/she receives is. Keep your eyes on these boards. We are not allowed to name agents or agencies here, so I can't tell you who sends me the info. As you've learned, much info from DCL phone reps is not accurate and if you don't like the answer, call back and get a different rep!

If you are like me and don't use a regular TA, I would suggest poking around to find other fan sites that may have dis-themed boards .... or perhaps a disney cruise line blog ... or maybe that dreaded social media site we all love to hate. I'm informed by those sorts of sites.

Thanks for the info! I am pretty familiar with Royal Caribbean and have a lot of first hand experience with their completely inaccurate customer service reps but I thought Disney would be a little better on that front! I will just have to be more proactive next time. I should have been checking in May as opposed to June like the rep advised. If I had been on this board I would have seen moki's mommy post stating EXACTLY when we could book:( I am a middle school counselor though so during that time I was knee deep in end of year junk and any time I had for screen time I was on rccl board prepping for our anthem sailing. Oh well I guess it just wasn't meant for me to get a corner aft I'm sure they went fast!

Moki's mom with all your Disney sailings have you ever tried the fantasy/dream split style family ocean view staterooms? If yes, did you like it? I've been reading a lot about those the last few days I like the idea of a larger room but not sure I want to give up a verandah.

Again thanks to all who replied for the helpful info. I'm sure if I had told my travel agent she could have handled it......will know better next time.

In addition I called one the day of the level above me, and they told me the computer would not price out without the membership number.

So best to call the exact day your membership is open. Last year I got a cruise and withing a week the price went up 600 dollars. Pays to do it on the day of release.

I had a cruise go up $800 literally while I was on the phone waiting for a DCL agent to answer! This was our first Panama Canal cruise and I had a few questions that needed answers before I could comfortably book. The guy said he'd seen prices rising every 30 minutes on the specialty cruises. So yes, to assure the best price, book ASAP.

The converse is that I've done cruises where the price a week before cruising was the same or even a bit lower than the opening day price. Of course, the lower was a *GT booking.

The Fantasy has both oceanview and balcony "family" staterooms which are a little larger than the standard room. I've never stayed in one...first because we really prefer the Magic, so don't have many Dream/Fantasy cruises, and secondly, I don't spend a lot of time in the cabin. As such, it seems silly to spend the extra for a slightly larger room. I'd rather put the money toward fun rather than renting real estate. Obviously there are people who really like them. And, as time has progressed, we now require an HA cabin....so we get some extra space, but not for a reason that anyone would choose.

if you have on at least one Disney cruise, you will be a member and they send out emails.

I have gotten the last two releases sent to me via email a week in advance. Hope this helps.

BTW I book directly on line for my DCL cruises.

Well apparently they do not like me lol we have been on two but I did not receive the email. Maybe I will have better luck next time if there is a next time. We typically can go to Disney for a week AND do a nom DCL cruise for the same price as a Disney cruise. It is hard to justify the cost :( But we do enjoy the experience of a Disney cruise!