Where is Captain Tuvo?

Pierlesscruisers

Being 65 I totally resent that, we were on a cruise with him last year and after 26 cruises will say he is the best captain we have had on a cruise.

I do agree though. There is so much more to being a captain that most people will know and it is nice to have someone who appreciates crew and PAX the same. I just got off a cruise from Hawaii and the captain didn’t even show up to his own fair well party... nor did he talk to platinum/elite guests at circle party.. so it is a refresher when Captain Tuvo takes time out of his busy schedule to talk with passengers and show up for events.

I do agree though. There is so much more to being a captain that most people will know and it is nice to have someone who appreciates crew and PAX the same. I just got off a cruise from Hawaii and the captain didn’t even show up to his own fair well party... nor did he talk to platinum/elite guests at circle party.. so it is a refresher when Captain Tuvo takes time out of his busy schedule to talk with passengers and show up for events.

Totally agree & all the crew we talked to loved him also & they all seemed happier than any other crew we have been around.

I almost forgot he came to our Cruise Critic Meet & Greet & stayed around 2 hours. He said he likes to treat all passengers & crew like family. He has a very lucky family 😎

I realize that different personalities are going to appeal or not appeal to different folks. There is no question Tuvo was professional about his job when he needed to be. I did hear anecdotally that one or two passengers thought he was serious somehow when he mentioned in the morning announcement once or twice that we had only had to stop for directions twice and we found the port okay. And just who did we ask in the middle of the ocean?

I observed this man a couple of times and when he was out and about, he had his eye on operations, how passengers were doing, etc.

He made himself available when he did not need to, and in so doing he enriched people's day and enhanced the passenger experience. Do I expect all Captain's to do this stuff? No, but I certainly appreciated the efforts he made in being self-deprecating and make people smile. One day, he reported a lot of new officers had boarded because too many had to walk the plank. If people cannot take a little joke in the course of a day, while still realize a job can be done professionally, then too bad.

Anyway, we liked him and everyone I spoke to liked him, but not to say all passengers loved him, nor would I expect them to.

I completely agree with you. I felt the void after he left the Island Princess.

• 2 months later...
We were recently on the Star Princess going from San Pedro up to Vancouver. We left in early April and came home around the 9th. He was not the captain. We were very disappointed.

Does anyone know what Captain Tuvo’s schedule is.??? Is he on the Star.??? When he goes to the Cruise Critic Meet & Greet, he usually tells everyone @ the Meet & Greet.

We will be on the Star September 19th. & hoping, hoping we have him :halo:

Does anyone know what Captain Tuvo’s schedule is.??? Is he on the Star.??? When he goes to the Cruise Critic Meet & Greet, he usually tells everyone @ the Meet & Greet.

We will be on the Star September 19th. & hoping, hoping we have him

I think he’s back in October...

Just got off the Star 2 weeks ago. I was one of those people who didn't care who the captain was, until this cruise. We loved his announcements. Our grandkids loved them too. After we were off the ship, we ran into some other cruisers from the ship, and they felt the same as we did. We still say "Bye-bye!" in that voice.

We will be on the Star September 19th. & hoping, hoping we have him

I think he’s back in October...

Huh? I have no idea how this posted

Just off the Star where Capt Tuvo stated he was there until July 21. I may be incorrect as to the actual date but I know he said July, 2018.

Boo. We're on the Star August 25. I was hoping he'd be there, but if he's leaving mid-end July than probably no chance.

Just got off the Star 2 weeks ago. I was one of those people who didn't care who the captain was, until this cruise. We loved his announcements. Our grandkids loved them too. After we were off the ship, we ran into some other cruisers from the ship, and they felt the same as we did. We still say "Bye-bye!" in that voice.
agreed! we previously had a "favorite" captain but it took no time before Capt Tuvo ousted him. :)
Just off the Star where Capt Tuvo stated he was there until July 21. I may be incorrect as to the actual date but I know he said July, 2018.
You are correct.

at some point he is going to be on the new sky princess

Not sure, but I got the impression he likes doing the R/T L.A. cruises, since that’s closer to his family, who lives in Orange County. Sometimes they cruise with him.

I would be surprised if we got the new Sky porting here any time soon.

Not sure, but I got the impression he likes doing the R/T L.A. cruises, since that’s closer to his family, who lives in Orange County. Sometimes they cruise with him.

I would be surprised if we got the new Sky porting here any time soon.

He told me he lived in Carlsbad

I would be making no assumption that he would be going from the Star, directly to the new SKY princess.

Especially without knowing the veracity and reputation of the source of such info.

Has he ever been on a ship in that area, or a newer class ship such as the Regal, Royal, Majestic?

Does anybody know where Captain Michele (?) Tuvo is now? He was on the Star back in October as the replacement captain while the regular captain was on leave. He has got to be the most personable captain I've ever seen on any ship and I'd love to sail on any cruise to any place that had him running the ship. All I have to do is find him!:D

Tom

We sailed on his Star cruise in March 2018 out of LA to Baja And back. He would slow the ship down and stop when he saw whales so passengers could try for pictures. I would take a cruise to any destination with Captain Tuvo. HE also showed us how to use our cell phone to exchange pics using Bluetooth. He was the best so far. Bye Bye

• Like 1

...I would take a cruise to any destination with Captain Tuvo. HE also showed us how to use our cell phone to exchange pics using Bluetooth. He was the best so far. Bye Bye

I have to agree! I just got off of the Star Princess yesterday, and in my previous cruises you didn't really see/hear the Captain much. Captain Tuvo is so personable and friendly - it made all the difference in the world. He greeted people with a smile and a friendly hello whenever he saw them. He was so much fun in Yukatat Bay, Glacier Bay, and the Inside Passage - pointing out wildlife and expressing his excitement at the calving! It really made the cruise special.