Cancelled a cruise, how long until Deposit is refunded to Credit Card?

happy cruzer

Can anyone share how long it takes for Oceania to refund a deposit made to a Credit Card? The only other cruise that we have ever cancelled was Celebrity and it took about 2 days... It's been 5 days for Oceania so far. Thanks.
You should probably ask Oceania. FWIW I cancelled a Celebrity cruise earlier this year and it took a couple of weeks for it to show on my credit card.

This is generally more a function of the credit card policy than the cruise line.

All credit cards charge you instantly but take their time with refunds (usually the next billing cycle).

That has been my experience on more than one occasion over the years with multiple providers.

With my CC any transactions do not show online for up to 3 days

The transaction may be with the CC but not shown online

If I call it is noted in my account with the telephone info

Some CC companies have different systems

Just saying

Thanks to all who shared. My credit is shown as pending at day 9, 7 working days. Again thanks for the information.

Interesting it shows pending. Have NEVER seen a credit showing pending on any of my cards. And, always better to take cash than a credit on your card. You've already gotten the ponts and now they won't be taken away from you.

Interesting it shows pending. Have NEVER seen a credit showing pending on any of my cards. And, always better to take cash than a credit on your card. You've already gotten the ponts and now they won't be taken away from you.

Agreed. Why take a credit if you're onboard? Get cash instead and keep points.

Thanks to all who shared. My credit is shown as pending at day 9, 7 working days. Again thanks for the information.

I am guessing it is your CC account where it shows pending it is probably like when banks hold a cheque to make sure it clears before allowing you to use the funds

We have on one of our CC accounts that shows online any purchases as pending the other CC shows nothing online until it is actually posted to the account

Agreed. Why take a credit if you're onboard? Get cash instead and keep points.

Agree, but..

I believe OP cancelled a cruise and wants the deposit back. There is no cash option in this case, AFAIK.