Tivoli & Copenhagen questions

Next month we will have 3 nights in Copenhagen prior to a Baltic cruise.

Approximately what cost would a taxi from the airport to our hotel near Tivoli cost (Andersen Boutique Hotel) and also from hotel to the port at Oceankaj.

Are you able to get a pass out at Tivoli if you wanted to go back for dinner on the same day or do you have to pay to enter again?

From the Tivoli website

Tivoli can be accessed during opening hours upon production of a valid ticket or pass. If you leave Tivoli and wish to return to the Gardens later, they must exit through Tivoli Food Hall and receive a re-entry stamp from the Tivoli guard.

The taxa price will be around 250 kroner.

The train from the airport to the central station, which is directly next to Tivoli was ridiculously cheap. Under $20, and I think closer to $8. You access the train directly under the airport.

To orient yourself, when you come out of the main station, if you are facing Tivoli, the main gate is to your left.

Not what you asked, so feel free to ignore.

The train ticket is 36 kroner or 5,63 USD.

The taxi price will be around 40 USD.

Is that per person? Or would it be around $40 USD for 3 passengers?

What is normal tip for taxi driver?

No, for taxies the price is always per car.

And tipping is a big no unless you really feel that you got a good service, of course if you pay by cash and there is a small amount left you can give it to the driver.

Thank you!!! The last thing I want to do after an overnight trans atlantic flight is figure out trains and lug my luggage around, even though it's just a carry on bag

Thank you!!! The last thing I want to do after an overnight trans atlantic flight is figure out trains and lug my luggage around, even though it's just a carry on bag

I am arriving in August and since I have 2 suitcases I will do the Taxi. I am staying near Tivoli Gardens and I think the taxi is between 40-50 USD. First thing in a new country is to not get lost on trains or have to walk 3-4 blocks with 2 suitcases.

Funny how cruise lines will offer hotel packages with just transfers to ship and not from airport. Oh well.

I am arriving in August and since I have 2 suitcases I will do the Taxi. I am staying near Tivoli Gardens and I think the taxi is between 40-50 USD. First thing in a new country is to not get lost on trains or have to walk 3-4 blocks with 2 suitcases.

Funny how cruise lines will offer hotel packages with just transfers to ship and not from airport. Oh well.

We're in our 60s and a actually love doing the public transport thing when we get to a new city! We are from New Zealand and our flights take about 24-30 hours from start to finish ....

Sent from my SM-A320Y using Tapatalk

Unless it was a private transfer it just means more waiting at the airport until the group arrives.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...
Next month we will have 3 nights in Copenhagen prior to a Baltic cruise.

Approximately what cost would a taxi from the airport to our hotel near Tivoli cost (Andersen Boutique Hotel) and also from hotel to the port at Oceankaj.

Are you able to get a pass out at Tivoli if you wanted to go back for dinner on the same day or do you have to pay to enter again?

Neliska:

I hope you come back and read your thread as we will be staying at the Andersen also (in August, 2019). How was your stay there?

Pooh

Holland America’s hotel package includes a transfer from the airport to the hotel. We just did this in Copenhagen a few weeks ago. It was very nice to have a driver holding our names on a sign as we got off our red eye from the U.S. at 7am.

We certainly would have taken a taxi otherwise.

We're in our 60s and a actually love doing the public transport thing when we get to a new city! We are from New Zealand and our flights take about 24-30 hours from start to finish ....

Sent from my SM-A320Y using Tapatalk

Generally, I prefer it too. As long as I am arriving somewhere where there is a fairly good tourist infrastructure in place. However, I have arranged for transfers on 2 previous trips, and one coming up. The first was arriving in Cape Town, where, as a single woman, I had some safety concerns. The next was in Hanoi; I don't think there is a reasonable public transit option, and I preferred arranging a pickup to just getting a cab. For my upcoming trip, I have arranged a pickup in Yangon, but I will use public transit in Bangkok.

However, if you are going to use public transit it is important to travel right/light. I can't do the carryon only approach, but I have one medium size rolling suitcase and a backpack. My purse is on a shoulder under the backpack. I have been able to get pretty much anywhere that way.

As to pub

We traveled in August and took the taxi option, it was 390DKK from the airport to our hotel near Tivoli, our flight was delayed so we hit rush hour and the journey did take longer. The taxi to the port from said hotel was 275 DKK.

When we returned the queue at the port for Taxis was considerable. Although our taxi driver said this was due to an event in the City that day, not sure what this was but we did see a lot of roads cordoned off, a significant Police presence and the Danish Prime Minister walking around.

Hi PoohUnderstands

We found the Andersen Hotel great. We had booked a "Wonderful" room which was a bit bigger & had a long sofa in it & walk in shower. There was air con in the room which was greatly appreciated as it was rather hot in Copenhagen. There was no air con in the reception area but they are apparently going to be doing renovations next year (not sure when) and will have it then.

We found our room quiet & clean.

At the landing of each flight of stairs there was a reward - a tin of biscuits, help yourself to a cookie. We were on the 2nd floor so only saw the biscuits.

The staff at the front desk were very helpful sightseeing etc etc.

In the late afternoon (5 to 6 pm) they have a wine happy hour which is a nice way to chat to fellow guests, some who were on the same cruise as us and others who had just come off a Baltic cruise.

When Happy Hour finishes they have an honesty bar for spirits, wine etc.

Breakfast was good. Buffet style.

We could walk to Tivoli.

There was no self serve laundry there but you can go across the road to their sister hotel "Absalon" and use the laundry there (only 1 machine & drier) for a small fee.

I would stay there again.

Cheers

Jan

• 2 weeks later...

When we returned the queue at the port for Taxis was considerable. Although our taxi driver said this was due to an event in the City that day, not sure what this was but we did see a lot of roads cordoned off, a significant Police presence and the Danish Prime Minister walking around.

If it was on the 28th or 29th of August it was the state visit of the French president, Monsieur Macron.