Sonny Liston Tours

pmoniz

• 5 months later...
22 hours ago, pmoniz said:

How did you tour go? 

It was ok.  The driver was Elvis.  He picked us up at the port.  There was a full van from our ship.  Our ship was the last ship in port that day.  It was on Christmas Day, and it was raining.  The van comprised of everyone who signed up for a tour, no matter what the tour.  He offered to drop people off to Magan's Bay if you wanted to go swimming.  I think the rain deterred anyone from swimming.  St. Thomas was crowded with it being Christmas Day.  First stop was at the lookout and you could buy your Banana Daiquiri there if you wanted to.  It was a big gift shop. 

So I guess the people who were on the tour to go swimming decided not to with the rain, so he didn't stop off at Magan's Bay, but did stop off at Coki Beach.  Some people walked down and put their feet in the water.  Honestly, I could have done without this stop.  It was really crowded, and tons of locals.  There was a smell of pot in the air, and really wasn't nice. 

The driver made a few stops so we could see the view.  He also gave a narrative along the way.  St. Thomas is a beautiful island, and it is a shame, but it isn't recovered yet.  I know they need the tourist money to recover, but on this trip, I could tell a big difference between the have and the have-nots, and on no other visit to St. Thomas did I notice this. 

At the end of the tour he brought us to the downtown area to shop, but then advised us since it was Christmas, he wasn't sure how long stores would stay open, so we all agreed just to do the shopping at the port.  By then the rain had stopped.

I know my little review sounds very unappealing, but honestly I wasn't thrilled.  I can't blame the driver, it was just a combination of it being Christmas, the Island not in good condition, and it raining out.  I am not sure what I would have done that day if not for this tour.  I was glad that I didn't book a beach day, since it was raining. 

18 hours ago, Melanie H said:

Pmoniz - Are you going to try the tour? I am cruising at the end of April and I am curious on what you think.

We are considering it!! We did this tour some years ago and had a great time that's why we wanted to do it again. We aren't in St. Thomas for long - I think 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. - YUK - so this tour is still up in the air.  I was a little apprehensive about the $40 surcharge they charge you and 1/2 down. But we'll see.  I will update you if we do decide when we return!!