über pickup from Sanford Airport to Port Canaveral

raamc1984

Looking at flying into Sanford airport night before cruise. Getting uber to area hotel near Port Canaveral (Uber for 3 people was cheapest) Has anyone ever used Uber from this airport? Also we get off ship on Friday and plane departs at 1:15pm. I was also going to get Uber back to Sanford airport. I know the past cruise we were off the ship by 8am. I would think that would be enough time. Any suggestions or comments are welcome.

Thanks

While we've not used Uber at those locations, we have used them from FLL to Port of Miami and back again as well as MIA to Port of Miami and have found the south FL service to be very good. Your flight time is fine and when returning from Port Canaveral to the airport you can pre-reserve Uber for a pick up time to assure making you flight.

With luggage you might need UberXL or even two cars. It depends on how much you're bringing.

Last summer we barely fit luggage for two in an Uber car (Mercedes sedan of some sort). Filled the trunk (four bags) plus a carry-on or two on the back seat.

With luggage you might need UberXL or even two cars. It depends on how much you're bringing.

Last summer we barely fit luggage for two in an Uber car (Mercedes sedan of some sort). Filled the trunk (four bags) plus a carry-on or two on the back seat.

An UberXL is more than plenty for 3 people. For 4 of us it's plenty room for us 4 + our luggage (+ sodas on embarkation)

On a similar vein, we dock at Miami on a Sunday morning 8am and have to be up in Port Canaveral to board another cruise that afternoon. After much research the only transport option appears to be Uber for a 3 hour drive arriving lunchtime. Does anyone have anither suggestion? Should we pre-book with Uber to ensure we will have transport.

Thanks

On a similar vein, we dock at Miami on a Sunday morning 8am and have to be up in Port Canaveral to board another cruise that afternoon. After much research the only transport option appears to be Uber for a 3 hour drive arriving lunchtime. Does anyone have anither suggestion? Should we pre-book with Uber to ensure we will have transport.

Thanks

If that is the best or only option you are finding then perhaps you should reserve that to be sure of your pick up. As mentioned, Uber will pre-reserve pick ups at the Pot of Miami.

But to be sure, here is the link to the Florida Departures board if you want to post your question there as well:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

One-way car rentals in Florida often don't have a drop fee - you should be able to rent a car for the day for something in the range of $50-75.

Off to research. Could you tell us the date?

I plugged August 12 into a multi-company travel site (probably doesn't matter which). Hertz had higher rates (upwards of $200) but Avis, Budget and Alamo had minivans from $60, SUVs from $40 and cars from $50 or so. Taxes and fees add $20 or so to the above rates. Look at the totals with all fees - Enterprise teases a reasonable rate but adds a one-way drop fee on the order of $100.

Edited by Underwatr

I don't have a ton of UBER experience but I'd be worried that trying to get an UBER from Miami to Port Canaveral might come up EMPTY .... you are looking at a 200+ mile drive .... and the driver will certainly be empty for the return trip.

I'd reserve in advance if trying this .... and as I said, would not be surprised if you got no takers ....

I don't have a ton of UBER experience but I'd be worried that trying to get an UBER from Miami to Port Canaveral might come up EMPTY .... you are looking at a 200+ mile drive .... and the driver will certainly be empty for the return trip.

I'd reserve in advance if trying this .... and as I said, would not be surprised if you got no takers ....

You would think this would be the case. However Uber drivers don't know the destination of the passenger until they pick them up is what I've always been told by our drivers. Two different instances I have had drivers too me they picked up passengers from MCO and drove them to Miami. That's crazy!

One of my local friends drives for Uber as well and has taken people from our area to DC (4hr drive) on several occasions.