Hygiene

FangedRose

Thanks Ramona.

Maybe a drop or two of a couple of them would be good in draws.

I infuse the inside of my suitcases with either Lavender, Eucalyptus, Lemongrass (I forgot this one). Sometimes I throw some Peppermint by placing the oils on cotton balls, paper towels, old cloth, whatever's on hand and placing them inside all the pockets in my suitcase and in the main sections. I then close up the suitcase(s) without anything else in there. I do this one to two weeks before I pack anything.

Ramona

And what does it do?

The essential oils in my suitcase? Hopefully it does the job of repelling any four legged creatures that may want to stow away in my luggage (aircraft holds, overhead bins, etc.). All of the oils I mentioned repel different kinds of insects or critters in the rodent family.

I hand wash my underwear in the bathroom sink. On my previous 10 day cruise, I used the self-service laundry three times. I'm not keen on doing laundry when returning from a vacation. On my upcoming cruise, I will be traveling for almost two months so I'll become friendly with the four walls of the laundry room.

Ramona

Yes I guess 2 months youwould have to, but I steer clear of the laundry room on a 19 night cruise. I bag up my used laundry and do it all when I get home. I'm on holiday, don't do washing and ironing then!!

This is some what off topic, maybe not; but I'm an exercise instructor plus spend time in the gym or taking classes so my business casual clothes are my workout clothes. Once I get sweaty, I can either wash them in the bathroom sink or go to the laundry. I don't machine dry my workout clothes so I hang them up to air dry helping to keep my room moisturized, LOL. By the way through the Roll Call for this cruise, 300 plus, I've organized workout classes for sea days. I need to keep my instructor skills sharp and on point. It's free and not under the auspices of the ship; those who participate will be helping me out.

Ramona

• 1 month later...
As I said in my op that was only one of the many reasons why he wasn't marked excellent. I do expect him to replace my things where I left them.

Anyway this has nothing to do with this thread.

No worries, I am sure the stories he tells his mates downstairs about this cabin makes up for the excellent marks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I wouldn't say I was a germaphobe. But I am careful about hand washing etc. However as I have meds which are best taken first thing in the morning an hour before eating, they are kept by the bed, usually in the drawer. After reading about what others do with their night clothes after wearing them I too will be taking anti viral wipes with me on my next cruise.

Sorry but what virus are you going to catch from someone's nightwear?