Arriving in ports means?

Snookie's Mom

If it says we will arrive at port in GC at 10:30 does that mean that 10:30 is the time we will start tindering? Or is that the time we actually pull into the port? I am trying to set up a Sting Ray tour. I am concerned I might set it to close to early and not be able to get to the excursion. This is my first cruise...I am sure you could tell by my question. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Forums mobile app

Most vendors that go to Sting Ray City make a good portion of their living from cruise passengers. They will know the ship arrival schedule and what time you, and others, can reasonably be expected to get to their facility. Email them and let them know your ship and arrival time. They will schedule you appropriately.

Good advice to contact the vendor.

As far as your question, generally tendering will start around that time. Since the number of passengers departing depends upon the seats on the tendering boat, the number of people let off the boat at one time is fewer than when the ship actually docks. The passengers with excursions purchased through the cruiseline will most likely have priority over those who have booked independent tours.

Thank you both for explaining. I just didn't understand if when they say "Arrive or Dock" does that mean they let us leave the ship at that time or is that the time they are pulling into the dock. I imagine it takes a bit to get set up after they get to a location.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Forums mobile app