Qvc Chartered Msc Opera 1/7/07 To 1/14/07

Pennacruiser

Hi, QVC the television home shopping network, has chartered the MSC Opera from 1/7/07 to 1/14/07 to the Caribbean. I was just wondering if anyone has booked this cruise yet. We have, and are really excited about going, and they say that the cost of this cruise is less money then if you would book a cruise thru MSC. This will only be our second cruise in 15 years. As a matter of fact, it will be our second vacation in 15 years. Boy do we need it. Hoping to hear from others that will be going.:p

Hi, QVC the television home shopping network, has chartered the MSC Opera from 1/7/07 to 1/14/07 to the Caribbean. I was just wondering if anyone has booked this cruise yet. We have, and are really excited about going, and they say that the cost of this cruise is less money then if you would book a cruise thru MSC. This will only be our second cruise in 15 years. As a matter of fact, it will be our second vacation in 15 years. Boy do we need it. Hoping to hear from others that will be going.:p
Thanks for the info. Checked it out, it's not really that much of a deal. Opera is only doing 7 nights for this cruise,you can do better for the 11 nighters,which will start on Jan.14 or on her sister ship the Lirica also doing 11 night. Both ships will do Deep South Caribbean and "Panama" runs

Hmmm--

I can see it now:

The Animation team modeling Dennis Basso Faux-Fur coats and Diamonique jewelry? Jack LaLane and his wife in the Lido shoving broccoli, octopus and old shoes into a fleet of juicers? AeroBeds flung all over the sundecks and strung out behind the ship as floating sun-loungers? Waiters serving roasted foul from Ronco Rotisseries? "Call QVC in Italian" courses?

;)

The vision of Aerobeds and Ronco Rotisseries has me cracking up...very funny post bepsf!!!! Do you think Ron Popiel might be onboard to sell those rotisseries?????

I have to agree, the price on this cruise is not a great deal unless of course you are a diehard QVC fan I guess. The MSC website says it is updating their pricing so I am not sure what they will be charging for it however according to the QVC website(which I have never ever been on before, not a fan at all) the least expensive oceanview cabin is $985pp plus an additional $188.25pp port taxes and govt fees. Least expensive inside cabin is $859 plus the same above taxes. The price DOES include gratuties and 5 QVC sponsored cocktail parties and workshops.

The prices I have been getting for a 7 day MSC Caribbean cruise in the past have been about half this amount so to me this seems like alot of extra money for these things, but then again, I guess if you are diehard fan you might be willing to pay for it.

For less money you can do the Lirica for 11 nights as forecastle pointed out. I just got an email for a special for $895 and that included port taxes and govt fees.

I plan on calling MSC in the morning just out of curiosity to see what the price is thru them.

I get emails and faxes from them at my travel agency on almost a daily basis about their specials, it seems they are still have a hard time filling their ships

• 3 weeks later...

Hi James, I am also going along with my husband, my son, and a girfriend of mine. I also know another person going with her husband. We all can't wait. From what I understand, a large part of the ship is booked. It sounds likes its going to be a lot of fun. This is only our second cruise and the last one was about 15 years ago. I'd say it's about time for another one. Where are you from?

Barb

At long last - the mystery is solved. We are booked on the transatlantic Genoa to FLL Xmas and NY cruise, disembarking on Jan 2nd and I have been trying to find out where the ship goes next as all the MSC will say (here in the UK) is that it is "chartered out". However, where will it be from the 2 - 5 January? Anyway, I think I'll definitely disembark now on the 2nd, don't think I would enjoy the QVC week too much.........:D

Hi James, I am also going along with my husband, my son, and a girfriend of mine. I also know another person going with her husband. We all can't wait. From what I understand, a large part of the ship is booked. It sounds likes its going to be a lot of fun. This is only our second cruise and the last one was about 15 years ago. I'd say it's about time for another one. Where are you from?

Barb

Hi Barb, We are from Tucson, Arizona. We have a forward cabin on the norma deck for the trip and are very excited about going. I was wondering what you think the average age of the passenger on this cruise. We are in our early 50's but, I like a lively crowd.

HI James! I am also taking the QVC cruise. I am traveling by myself, but the man who helped me with my reservation helped me with a roommate who is my age and even height! Us short people have to stick together. I am traveling from Las Vegas and wonder if any more Vegans will be there? I am very excited about the trip - FYI it is 139 days from now!

HI James! I am also taking the QVC cruise. I am traveling by myself, but the man who helped me with my reservation helped me with a roommate who is my age and even height! Us short people have to stick together. I am traveling from Las Vegas and wonder if any more Vegans will be there? I am very excited about the trip - FYI it is 139 days from now!

I too am vertically challenged so it will be nice to know someone on the cruise. We are flying out saturday to make sure we do not have any flight problems. Have you heard anything about what special events might be going on with the cruise ? I think they might televise from the ship.

James

Hi James,

We're staying on the Turandot Deck and have a Ocean View with a Balcony. I think my husband is more excited about the balcony then about anything else. We are also in our early 50's, well at least I am, my husband is mid 50's. I attended a Red Carpet Weekend at QVC not to long ago and the people that attended that were extremely friendly. I am hoping it will be the same type of crowd that attends the cruise. These people came from all over the US just for the weekend and everyone had such a nice time, and what nice gifts we all received. I'm lucky, I live just 25 minutes from QVC.

We are also coming in on Saturday. Did you find a hotel yet? We found one that only charges $115 a night. Picks us up at the airport and takes us to the ship the next day and also has a buffet breakfast in the morning, and it's all included in the price. If anyone is interested in the hotel it's the Stirling Suites, in Ft. Lauderdale, but you have to book it thru onlinehotels.com to get that price.

Barb

Hi barb,

Thanks for the info on the hotel I will check it out. I hope to see you and your family aboard ship. This promises to be an exciting cruise, Iam still wondering what activities qvc will have for us. I have read many reviews and the ship sounds very exciting.

James & Marie

Hi Barb and James:

My husband and are from Central New Jersey and are booked on the Norma Deck in a balcony cabin. We also have been to a Red Carpet Weekend and QVC provided so many extras. We are hoping also for a lively crowd. My guess would be the crowd will be in the 40-60 range. Has anyone given any thought to the excursions yet? We have only cruised twice before, the last being Alaska in 2002 and we were able to pre-book all of our excursions online about 60 days prior to the cruise. From the MSC website it appears that you have to book your excursions onboard.

Looking forward to meeting you on the cruise.

couple from twin cities-minnesota- ocean view norma deck meeting sister and husband from washington state area-we might escape the snow a little early and find hotel in ft lauderdale-suggestions are welcome and will be glad to communicate with anyone-My sister in law is a qvc addict and Gus here is just along for loads of fun and whatever.

I booked a room at the Comfort Inn airport for $128.00 per night. They have a free shuttle from the airport and to Port Everglades. Keep in touch I would like to meet you aboard ship.

James

Tucson, Arizona

Hi James, MAT and other QVCers,

James, I haven't heard anything about any of the activities QVC has planned on board, but if anyone does hear of any planned activities, please let us all know. Thanks!

Hi MAT, I had already called the cruise people about the excursions and they told me that we had to wait until we boarded the ship to book the excursions.

As far as hotels go, there are a few of us that have booked rooms at the Stirling Suites in Ft. Lauderdale. It also has free shuttle from the airport and also free shuttle to the ship. Has free breakfast buffet in the morning, pool and newly renovated for $115 a night but must be purchased thru onlinehotels.com

135 days to go!!!!! I think........

Barb

Hi James, MAT and other QVCers,

James, I haven't heard anything about any of the activities QVC has planned on board, but if anyone does hear of any planned activities, please let us all know. Thanks!

Hi MAT, I had already called the cruise people about the excursions and they told me that we had to wait until we boarded the ship to book the excursions.

As far as hotels go, there are a few of us that have booked rooms at the Stirling Suites in Ft. Lauderdale. It also has free shuttle from the airport and also free shuttle to the ship. Has free breakfast buffet in the morning, pool and newly renovated for $115 a night but must be purchased thru onlinehotels.com

135 days to go!!!!! I think........

Barb

Hi everyone,

I checked online for the stirling suites and they were going for over $200.00 per night. Did I check correctly? That is a good price. I have called the qvc cruise operators and they have nothing on what activities are planned.

James and Marie

Hi James,

Wow, They went up so fast. A friend of mine is going on the cruise with her husband and she booked a room there last week and I guess she got in just in time before the rates went up. Even the airlines are going up in price. It was even hard for her to get a good price on her airline tickets.

I am amazed at the cost of passports. I have to get three because we are taking our son with us. I'm sure it will all be worth it though.

CAN'T WAIT!!!

Barb

I too am vertically challenged so it will be nice to know someone on the cruise. We are flying out saturday to make sure we do not have any flight problems. Have you heard anything about what special events might be going on with the cruise ? I think they might televise from the ship.

James

Flying out Saturday nite - hope it was not a mistake to just get in on Sunday morning, oh well. I have written to Pat and in her response there was absolutely no hint on the workshops or surprises. I used to be able to look on the QVC website for information on the cruise, but for some reason it no longer exsists. When the cruise is over I have until 7:55 PM to kill - anyone else in that situation?

Hey everyone,

I talked with one of the promoters of the cruise today and he told me that he had not yet heard who the other co-host would be or the vendors who will be on board. But listen to this he said that they will be televising two shows from San Juan. They have not yet decided on the location: the ship or on land but stated that the qvc guest on the cruise would be invited to the shows. If I hear anything else I will post it.

James

Archived