Summit Deck 2- Really that bad??

MichLeBlanc

The Tuscan Grille kitchen is open to the dining room... that's why it's a demonstration kitchen. They can't be loud in there for that reason so I wouldn't worry about it!

I haven't been on deck 2, but I have had a deck 3 OV with a friend and loved the location. The aft elevator takes you straight up to the dining room and buffet. I found it convenient and quiet and would do it again.

I just want to say that I really appreciate this thread as I had the same question! We booked an OV guarantee on the Millennium that included Go Best for cheaper than an inside with no perks, and were assigned 2177. This will be our first cruise ever and I was really going back and forth as to whether we did the right thing. We probably won't hang out in the room too much other than to sleep and get dressed, but we like it dark and quiet when we sleep so I was also concerned about engine noise or noise from the demonstration kitchen above. Please let us know what you think after your cruise, since it will be before ours!

Deck 2 has a lot to recommend it. As others have said, it’s really handy when you’re getting back on in port. And if the ocean is rough, you’ll barely feel anything.

I would advise you to pull your curtains before you have a shower, though. I discovered that our cabin was quite near where they pick up the pilot. I came out of the shower, walked over to the window to admire the sunset, and found myself eyeball to eyeball with the horrified pilot boat driver. The poor man may never be the same again!

"I came out of the shower, walked over to the window to admire the sunset, and found myself eyeball to eyeball with the horrified pilot boat driver. The poor man may never be the same again!"

LOL This made my night!!! :)

We booked a guarantee OV cabin and have been allocated room 2179 (adjoining room with the other couple travelling with us). Is Deck 2 (aft section) really that bad? I would like feedback from other travelers that have stayed on deck 2 of this ship (or any other ship). TIA.

We stayed in 2181 once and OMG, it was awful. Every night at 3 AM banging, dragging, you name it would start and go on for about 2 hours. At one point I made mu husband go up and ask for them to stop the noise. He told me it seemed to be a prep kitchen for specialty restaurants. We complained every day and finally after night 3 or 4 we were moved to an obstructed balcony. I would never ever stay under a kitchen of any kind again!

I would move if there are other rooms in same category. I can't believe others are saying it is a quiet area. Oh, and we ended up with that cabin because we booked a GTY and didn't know much about location or ability to switch after assignment.

Edited by Sandy1975

I just want to say that I really appreciate this thread as I had the same question! We booked an OV guarantee on the Millennium that included Go Best for cheaper than an inside with no perks, and were assigned 2177. This will be our first cruise ever and I was really going back and forth as to whether we did the right thing. We probably won't hang out in the room too much other than to sleep and get dressed, but we like it dark and quiet when we sleep so I was also concerned about engine noise or noise from the demonstration kitchen above. Please let us know what you think after your cruise, since it will be before ours!

AuroraRose - this was our exact situation too when booking and figured booking almost 1 year in advance we hoped to get a better located room but I think after reading the reviews here we are going to keep our rooms and hope for the best. This is also our first cruise and learning alot through this forum. Best of luck to you and I will be sure to post a review upon our return. :)

AuroraRose - this was our exact situation too when booking and figured booking almost 1 year in advance we hoped to get a better located room but I think after reading the reviews here we are going to keep our rooms and hope for the best. This is also our first cruise and learning alot through this forum. Best of luck to you and I will be sure to post a review upon our return. :)

I really wish you the best and hope your experience is nothing like ours!