Sky Cabin Silhoutte

dghp9

I am hoping to book a Sky Suite on Silhoutte for a Fjord cruise in 2020 and am looking for advice as to best location which has a great balcony view with cabins above and below. Since this a Fjord cruise the balcony is important to me so no lifeboats, steel supports or window washing machinery to obstruct view.

I see that there are 2 categories of Sky cabins ~S1 and S2~differences?

I have only cruised once before which was with HAL~Alaska.

I would appreciate any information.

Warm regards

D

I am hoping to book a Sky Suite on Silhoutte for a Fjord cruise in 2020 and am looking for advice as to best location which has a great balcony view with cabins above and below. Since this a Fjord cruise the balcony is important to me so no lifeboats, steel supports or window washing machinery to obstruct view.

I have only cruised once before which was with HAL~Alaska.

I would appreciate any information.

Warm regards

D

Take a look at aft corner suites that are on several decks. They are great for sightseeing as you can see both sides as you pass by. We did Alaska and there would have been sights we missed by being on my side.

I am hoping to book a Sky Suite on Silhoutte for a Fjord cruise in 2020 and am looking for advice as to best location which has a great balcony view with cabins above and below....

Warm regards

D

As has been suggested, the Aft Corner S1s are special. In addition to the nice aft balcony, they have a large circular picture window in the side.

If price is a bit of an object, then the 2 S2s on the 10th deck would meet the requirements of having cabins above and below AND provide nice large aft balcony. The viewing experience is a little less "pinch me" than the next door S1, but depending on the price difference, those two suites constitute a real "best buy" for anyone looking for both aft view and suite amenities.

In case this matters to the OP (or anyone else researching this) -- isn't it correct that the balconies of the S1 suites (except on the topmost deck) are uncovered (that is, unprotected from sun and rain)? I haven't sailed an S1 but I recall reading that on here, and wanted to mention it because it could matter to some folks.

Also, OP, as you can see from the deck plans, there are only two elevators on the Silhouette (and her sister S-class ships). It's quite a long walk from those aft-facing staterooms to the nearest elevator. Again, some folks don't mind this, some do. I just wanted to point that out.

The Silhouette is a stunningly beautiful ship. Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you Turtles06.

I have been scouring the threads on CC are you are correct about the balconies,only Deck 12 appears to be covered and some have obstructed views due to window washers and steel struts.

I have little experience of cruising having only been on one to Alaska and that was in an aft wrap Neptune Suite. Now that was a balcony!

regards

D

Thank you Turtles06.

I have been scouring the threads on CC are you are correct about the balconies,only Deck 12 appears to be covered and some have obstructed views due to window washers and steel struts.

I have little experience of cruising having only been on one to Alaska and that was in an aft wrap Neptune Suite. Now that was a balcony!

regards

D

You're welcome. It's why we've never booked an S1.

I'm sure you were "spoiled" by that aft-wrap Neptune Suite on HAL! ;p

Are you wedded to a Sky Suite on the Silhouette? I ask only because, given your concerns (which I share) about unobstructed views, cabins above and below, a nice balcony, you might consider the 1A and C2 cabins on the slant of the hump -- larger than normal balconies, great location near the elevators (no noise).

Enjoy whatever you decide!

Thanks Turtles06.

No, I like you will not be booking a Sky Cabin.

I will look at your suggestions of 1A and C2 cabins on the slant of the hump.

I may be able to persuade my DH to book a Celebrity Suite, but we will see!

Thanks again.

D