Orlando airport to Port Canaveral with 2 year old????

Cruzin' Rob

We are doing our first Disney cruise and we really don’t want to bring our 2 year old’s car seat, but, how do we get from the airport to Port Canaveral without it? It will be our 2 year olds first flight, so we figure he can sit in the middle seat, his car seat might not bee to comfortable for a flight from California or Orlando. Are there transportation options where we don’t need a car seat?

Thank you all for your help!!

We are doing our first Disney cruise and we really don’t want to bring our 2 year old’s car seat' date=' but, how do we get from the airport to Port Canaveral without it? It will be our 2 year olds first flight, so we figure he can sit in the middle seat, his car seat might not bee to comfortable for a flight from California or Orlando. Are there transportation options where we don’t need a car seat?

Thank you all for your help!![/quote']

The DCL transfers use a bus. Car seats are not required on buses in Florida.

If he finds his car seat comfortable enough for car trip, he'll find it comfortable enough onboard the plane. BUT, not all car sears are air flight approved.

Private transportation from airport to port (cars of any type - taxi, limo) do require car seats. Some companies provide them for an extra cost. But, for me personally, I'd be leery of a car seat that's had multiple uses.

When mine was little, her car seat was airline approved. The best way to fly was to install the car seat in the plane seat, then the child sits in the car seat. The child is comfortable in a seat that they are used to and fully secured in the event of turbulence, etc. Alternatively, you can have the child sit in the plane seat using a seat belt that is not appropriate to his/her size, but is totally acceptable by airline standards. The airline will fly your car seat at no charge.

Buses in Florida are not required to have car seats and most will not fit car seats appropriately. So if you take DCL transportation, you will not need a car seat and your child will travel at no charge (under age 3). IF the bus is full, which can happen on the early morning buses, you will have a "lap child." If there is an extra seat, you'll be allowed to use that seat for your child. Any car-like vehicle will require a car seat. Some limo companies charge for these, some provide them free. You can also use your own if you choose to bring it. If you get one thru a car rental or limo company, there is no guarantee that it will be clean or that it will be the correct size for your chld.

So the real question is whether your interest is complying with the law (in which case any sort of bus transportation will allow your child to travel without a car seat) or whether you believe that the safest form of transportation is to transport the child in a car seat, in which case you are probably best off providing your own.

We are doing our first Disney cruise and we really don’t want to bring our 2 year old’s car seat' date=' but, how do we get from the airport to Port Canaveral without it? It will be our 2 year olds first flight, so we figure he can sit in the middle seat, his car seat might not bee to comfortable for a flight from California or Orlando. Are there transportation options where we don’t need a car seat?

Thank you all for your help!![/quote']

we flew on a 13 hour flight with two toddlers -both used the CARES harness.

i don't know if your 2 year old is big enough....

our 22 month old granddaughter and 3.5 year old grandson were both big enough and were happy using it.

And my son was happy he only had to shlep along two CARES harnesses and not two car seats...

http://kidsflysafe.com/

we used it on the transatlantic flight to new york (the 13 hour flight)

and then again on the flight down from new york to orlando..

and of course, the same two flights in reverse on the way home..

they worked well, and were easy to install and remove...

A 2 yr old will be more comfortable (and safer) in his car seat than an airplane seat. There is a better chance of a nap in the car seat too.

We have used this several times, so easy and convenient getting a toddler through a busy airport. Strap the car seat on and it becomes a stroller.

https://www.amazon.com/GO-GO-TRAVELMATE-STROLLER-toddler-silver/dp/B00D45BF6G/ref=sr_1_3_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1537211947&sr=8-3&keywords=gogo+kidz+travelmate

I think moki's mommy really hit the nail on the head when it comes to the considerations. Car seats are not required on airplanes or buses, so the question is whether you are comfortable doing without. We did multiple cross-country flights with my son before he was 3 and did not bring his car seat. He was much happier in the airplane seat then he would have been in a car seat because of the additional room. I am sure that varies from child-to-child because I would imagine that some children enjoy being in their car seat. My son always has (and still does) hate his.

Another option to consider besides the bus is a rental car. You can rent a car seat along with your rental car. Finally, many car services will provide car seats if you request them. (I do have friends who don't trust the safety of a rented car seat, so -- again -- a personal decision). I have used all of these options at one time or another to avoid lugging along a car seat.

My experience with traveling with my toddlers is to use your car seat, especially if the seat is approved for the airlines. (Most toddler seats are, based on my experience.)

Why?

My kids were used to them, and slept in them without an issue on the plane. The airline seat belts were simpy too loose, and the kids flop over when they fall asleep anyway.

You can use them after the plane on your ground transportation. As long as there is a shoulder belt, you'll be able to secure the seat, and it'll be safer than having your child on your lap. Can you rent/borrow one? Yes, but you'll probably spend more time adjusting that seat to fit your child than figuring out how to hook your seat in. Then there's also the sanitary part; at least you know that it's your child's cracker crumbs that are buried in your seat. (And if you have to rent the seat, why are you even bothering with it?)

If you don't need the seat on the plane, all airlines will check them free of charge like your stroller.

The only downside to bringing your own car seat along for use on the plane is the hassle of lugging it through the airport and through the gate. (I accidentally bumped a guy who was already on board and seated on the plane, so I've been there. It was a rough airport experience that night; I really should have gone back and bought him a drink, but I was too frazzled after dealing with the airline, security, etc.) On a cruise, I suspect there's also the issue of tripping over the car seat all trip in your cabin.