Elite status- Captian’s Club Cocktail Lounge

IDL

We are Elite status and will be cruising on Celibrity in Feb ‘19. Does that status still entitle us to the complimentary happy hour in the Captain’s Cocktail Lounge? Also Celebrity used to offer 90 free WiFi minutes but I did not see that anymore.

Celebrity is transitioning from the traditional cocktail hour to having three drinks loaded onto your SeaPass card, usable during the same 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. time, same drinks as were available at the cocktail party, same conditions (not the first night and not the night of the Senior Officers Party). You won't know until you are on board which system will be in use for your cruise.

The internet is still there. Don't know where you are looking, but the Elite benefits are all spelled out on the website.

Cruisestitch, look at this link from their web site. There is no mention of internet benefit so the question is did they make a mistake by forgetting to post it or did they just decide to take that benefit away.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/tiers-and-benefits

We all know about their IT issues and they were moving servers yesterday so who knows for sure.

Cruisestitch, look at this link from their web site. There is no mention of internet benefit so the question is did they make a mistake by forgetting to post it or did they just decide to take that benefit away.

We all know about their IT issues and they were moving servers yesterday so who knows for sure.

The internet benefit is still listed as 90 mins. Look over under the column . There is a 90 by the check mark

We are Elite status and will be cruising on Celibrity in Feb ‘19. Does that status still entitle us to the complimentary happy hour in the Captain’s Cocktail Lounge? Also Celebrity used to offer 90 free WiFi minutes but I did not see that anymore.

Yes you get all. They are both listed. The only change is that you might get 3 drinks on your card. If so the lounge is still open but you can get your drinks elsewhere

Good question. We are sailing next week and I know that they dropped the priority tendering for Elites but if they dropped the internet benefit and the cocktail hour they are really going to hurt themselves.

Priority tendering is still listed as a benefit on the website. It's not in the comparison summary but is listed when you click on Elite.

Edited by bigbeergut

Priority tendering is still listed as a benefit on the website. It's not in the comparison summary but is listed when you click on Elite.

When everyone has priority, no one has priority. Because there are so many Elite and above, Elite priority is a joke.

When everyone has priority, no one has priority. Because there are so many Elite and above, Elite priority is a joke.

I guess we have had different experiences with Priority Tendering, for us it is one of the most useful benefits to us. There were several tender ports on our last British Isle cruise and it got us off the ship early without a problem at several ports. Edinburgh is a great example. It is very useful in ports where Celebrity uses their lifeboats for tendering instead of boats from the port. In the Caribbean, we've found it useful in Grand Cayman.

• Haha 1

Here's what you see when you click on Elite listed on the top of the summary

Our Elite members know that loyalty yields great rewards, including complimentary Internet and laundry services and complimentary Captain's Club cocktail hour.

Benefits Include:

• Access to exclusive daily coffee house-style breakfast
  • Complimentary 90-minute internet package
  • Complimentary access to Persian Garden (on one port day of your choice while ship is docked)
  • One complimentary bag of laundry (wash, dry, fold) on every sailing
  • Priority tender service in tender ports of call
  • Elegant Tea with fellow members
  • Eligibility for Captain's Club offers when booking a future cruise on board

• Evening Cocktail hour (excludes embarkation and evening of Senior Officers' Party)
  • 20% discount on any digital or print photo package at the Photo Gallery
  • Complimentary dry cleaning of one garment item
  • Private shipboard departure lounge, serving continental breakfast
  • Priority wait list in Main Restaurant
  • Earn double Club Points when you travel solo in a stateroom (as of July 1, 2014)

If you use the link I included you get a page with the listing of the tiers. If you click on Elite there it opens another page of benefits and internet is not listed. Like I said, Celebrity has not yet figured out how to make modern technology meet modern luxury. Their web site is pretty bad. Some places list priority tendering, some don't and some places now list 90 minutes of internet that you can trade for a discount on a package and some places don't.

As far as the three drinks on my sea pass, I like that idea, it just makes it easier to get my one diet coke and two bottles of water.

I am glad you are all seeing it because that means it is there. When I read the OP I went and looked and I did not and do not see it using the link I provided from their web site.

This is what I see on their web site.

Access to Captain's Club Newsletter Online

Access to Loyalty Desk between cruises (Specialty Dining reservations and more…)

Eligibility for Captain's Club promotions when booking a Future Cruise onboard

Exclusive Captain's Club Celebration

Senior Officers' cocktail party

Access to President's Cruises and Reunion Cruises special events

One category upgrade applicable through Aqua Class*** (based on availability at time of booking)

Complimentary Scoop of Gelato

Priority Embarkation

Complimentary Pressing of up to 2 items

Discounted bag of laundry (wash, dry, fold) for cruises 12 nights or more

Complimentary 1 Dry Clean item

One complimentary bag of laundry (wash, dry, fold)

Elegant Tea

Captain's Club Coffee House and Captain's Club Cocktail Lounge

So I am glad you are seeing it and I hope is see it in 6 days when we board the Reflection.

Yes and yes. You will receive a full list of elite benefits in your stateroom when you first board. Enjoy. :champagne-toast:

When I click on the link given in the fourth postp, I see a chart with Amenities, events, Benefits, Internet, Laundry, & Drinks and Dining. Do you see something different, Mr. click?

Alakegirl and Mr Click,

Click on the link in Post #4 and then click on Elite at the top of the column

If they load the drinks onto your SeaPass card, it will be three drinks per passenger per night, from the drinks menu offered at the in-person cocktail party. If there is a cocktail party, the drinks from that menu are unlimited during those hours.

The advantage to the SeaPass card scheme are that the drinks can be ordered in several bars and restaurants, and you don't have to dress up. After a day on the beach, you can go to the Sunset bar and enjoy your drinks there. Or you can go to Ensemble or Rendezvous and enjoy live music. Much more flexibility of venue. Same choices of drinks.