Could fare go lower? CS on Summit, December 2018

MarLieb

We are currently booked in a RS on the Summit for a sailing in December. We are paid-in-full and excited about our stateroom. I've been toying with the idea of booking the connecting CS stateroom. My husband snores and I wouldn't mind having one extra, real bed to sleep in in case I can't sleep (my son will be on the pull-out). The fare has dropped pretty substantially on the connecting CS, but not enough that I'm willing to pull the trigger. We are about 2 1/2 months prior to sailing. Could the fare drop any more? Thank you for your thoughts!

We are currently booked in a RS on the Summit for a sailing in December. We are paid-in-full and excited about our stateroom. I've been toying with the idea of booking the connecting CS stateroom. My husband snores and I wouldn't mind having one extra, real bed to sleep in in case I can't sleep (my son will be on the pull-out). The fare has dropped pretty substantially on the connecting CS, but not enough that I'm willing to pull the trigger. We are about 2 1/2 months prior to sailing. Could the fare drop any more? Thank you for your thoughts!

Could go down! Could go up! Could be booked by someone else! Who knows?

Magic 8 ball says:

As I see it, yes

Ask again later

Better not tell you now

Cannot predict now

Concentrate and ask again

Don’t count on it

It is certain

It is decidedly so

Most likely

My reply is no

My sources say no

Outlook good

Outlook not so good

Reply hazy try again

Signs point to yes

Very doubtful

Without a doubt

Yes

Yes, definitely

You may rely on it:evilsmile:

Magic 8 ball says:

As I see it, yes

Ask again later

Better not tell you now

Cannot predict now

Concentrate and ask again

Don’t count on it

It is certain

It is decidedly so

Most likely

My reply is no

My sources say no

Outlook good

Outlook not so good

Reply hazy try again

Signs point to yes

Very doubtful

Without a doubt

Yes

Yes, definitely

You may rely on it:evilsmile:

Glad to see I'm not the only one that uses the trusty Magic 8 Ball.

It’s is possible it could drop more but since it has had a substantial price drop it is also very possible that someone else will grab it.

Thank you so much for your kind reply.

I'm not sure why others feel the need to be so snarky. I guess it's quite easy to be anonymously nasty and rude on the internet. I was not looking for a solid answer. I was looking for some insight in Celebrity pricing patterns after a cruise paid-in-full date. We have never sailed Celebrity before, but have sailed DCL many times and on that line, unless you book a GTY rate (which I'm not a fan of) the price generally goes up substantially the longer you wait to book. I'm quite surprised. I've asked many question on this board regarding our upcoming Celebrity cruise and people have been genuinely kind and helpful. Not sure why the "eight ball" people felt the need to crawl out from under their rocks this morning.

My very subjective opinion is the chance of a price drop is less than it getting booked by another. There will be more than a few watching and guessing when the price is ‘low enough’, another subjective opinion, and could jump on it.

I don’t really see the 8-ball posts as snarky, just another way of saying how all of us would respond, the way the Buddhist farmer said to neighbors about when something good or bad occurred: ‘maybe yes, maybe no. Time will tell.’

Den

Thank you so much for your kind reply.

I'm not sure why others feel the need to be so snarky. I guess it's quite easy to be anonymously nasty and rude on the internet. I was not looking for a solid answer. I was looking for some insight in Celebrity pricing patterns after a cruise paid-in-full date. We have never sailed Celebrity before, but have sailed DCL many times and on that line, unless you book a GTY rate (which I'm not a fan of) the price generally goes up substantially the longer you wait to book. I'm quite surprised. I've asked many question on this board regarding our upcoming Celebrity cruise and people have been genuinely kind and helpful. Not sure why the "eight ball" people felt the need to crawl out from under their rocks this morning.

Hey there. We have sailed Celebrity many times and unfortunately find no consistency in pricing patterns after final payment date. One thing to bear in mind is Celebrity has started a move-up bidding process where passengers booked on said sailing receive an email with an offer to bid on a higher or different level of cabin. We have never gotten one as our past several sailings have been in suites, and very popular itineraries with full ships. Bottom line, yes, the fare could drop more (unlike DCL where cabin prices rise as the cruise gets closer.)

It's pretty much a crap shoot - decide how much you are willing to shell out for the connecting cabin, and book it at that point. I totally understand about snoring DH's - have earplugs, will travel ;)

The suite experience on Celebrity is very nice. Enjoy your cruise!

I think i am misunderstanding you because there are no Celebrity Suites that connect with RSs on summit. If you mean one of the C1's--Concierge class cabins-- that connect, I'd suggest you jump on it now. Those prices are awfully low for those cabins and they are pretty highly sought out.

As to trends, as others have said it's an interesting thing to watch with Celebrity.

File this under "worth what you paid for it," but over the past year I've been tracking a few trips and it seems that about 9-10 weeks out tends to be the low point for those trips that heavily discount post final payment deadline. Even where there's pretty sizable inventory I haven't seen too many further drops, and have seen several substantial increases once within the 7-8 week window.

Edited by cmhdoogalsatsea

Thank you all for your responses and for sharing your experiences with the pricing patterns as you get closer to a Celebrity sailing! I decided I would give Celebrity a call to check in on the pricing for the connecting concierge stateroom. I completely misunderstood which penalty phase I was in with my booking (again, used to DCL concierge bookings where nothing seems to ever be refundable!) and noticed, when looking at my RS invoice, that, technically, I would only lose 1/2 of my son's cruise fare if I cancelled him out of our room and booked the connecting concierge room. Since his fare was quite inexpensive to begin with, I was actually pleased to see I could put 1/2 of that fare toward the connecting stateroom (glass was half full, so to speak), making it less than the price I was seeing on the internet. In speaking with the Celebrity agent, she said that would not charge me any penalty and would put 100% of his fare toward the connecting stateroom! That sealed the deal as the stateroom price was quite low to begin with and then I got about $800 extra off the price, which I wasn't expecting at all! In addition, because my son is under 12, he can still eat in Luminae with us and get the free specialty dining that comes with RS. So, thank you all for your advice to jump on this as it turned out better than I thought it would!

Thank you all for your responses and for sharing your experiences with the pricing patterns as you get closer to a Celebrity sailing! I decided I would give Celebrity a call to check in on the pricing for the connecting concierge stateroom. I completely misunderstood which penalty phase I was in with my booking (again, used to DCL concierge bookings where nothing seems to ever be refundable!) and noticed, when looking at my RS invoice, that, technically, I would only lose 1/2 of my son's cruise fare if I cancelled him out of our room and booked the connecting concierge room. Since his fare was quite inexpensive to begin with, I was actually pleased to see I could put 1/2 of that fare toward the connecting stateroom (glass was half full, so to speak), making it less than the price I was seeing on the internet. In speaking with the Celebrity agent, she said that would not charge me any penalty and would put 100% of his fare toward the connecting stateroom! That sealed the deal as the stateroom price was quite low to begin with and then I got about $800 extra off the price, which I wasn't expecting at all! In addition, because my son is under 12, he can still eat in Luminae with us and get the free specialty dining that comes with RS. So, thank you all for your advice to jump on this as it turned out better than I thought it would!

Magic 8–ball says “Congratulations”

I decided I would give Celebrity a call to check in on the pricing for the connecting concierge stateroom.

Congrats !!

And another vote for checking the options with Celebrity, nothing to lose.

2 weeks ago I've noticed a big drop on Concierge class, and I decided that, since our friends are in Concierge, 200$ more are worth it to be with them. I've called and asked "how much will cost me to upgrade to Concierge [i was in 2B balcony]. She came and said "we're upgrading u for free to a C2:D:D". First time in a Concierge room, doing the happy dance.

It was so worth the long distance call.....