Officially booked on Star R805

*Blonde*

Hi everyone,

Well as of today we are officially booked on a Pacific Star 8 night cruise R805 Summer Daydream to Loyalty Islands and Vanuatu (3 ports). We are departing from Auckland 3 days after our wedding in January 2008 for our honeymoon. We booked through our TA and have saved $2000 by booking before the end of September - so we are very pleased with that.

We have a few random questions if you feel like answering them:

1) We have chosen a table for 2 at the second 8:00ish sitting - do Pacific Star have one main restaurant that everyone dines at? I have read that on the Sun that there are two restaurants and you get put in either one or the other.

2) Are there different restaurants for lunch and dinner? And if so, can you choose which one you eat at?

3) How many theme nights should we expect on an 8 night cruise, and do we get told what they are prior to boarding?

Well that is all for now, but I am sure there will be more ;) Thanks for your help

hi blonde, congrats on the booking.

now for your questions.

1) There is only one resturant on the Star. They split the guests up into two groups for 2 dinner sittings. from what you have said, your sitting is at 8pm, this is the 2nd sitting.

2) The main resturant serves lunch between certain times (cant remember what they are) just like the buffet. You can go to both if you are really hungry. The same thing goes for breakfast and i think dinner too, although i could be wrong about dinner.

3) i think you should expect 3+. from memory i am having 2 on my 7 night cruise, so it would make sense to have another one for an 8 nighter (but dont quote me on that:cool:)

take care,

sam

Congratulations, how wonderful. Make sure you tell P&O that it's your honeymoon and all the staff on the ship. They certainly should make you feel extra special.

In regards to theme nights. On our Jan Star cruise, which was 11 nights they had Island, Pj, Australiana (Country and Western) and Retro (70s/80s). I have just asked in another thread what the latest theme nights have been.

Theme nights on an 8 night cruise??

Definetly Island Night, PJ night, Formal night (2), and then probably Country & Western or Rock & Roll or Retro.

Kym

Has anyone had a PJ night lately. We went prepared in August and there wasn't one. Someone said that P & O had stopped them. A group of people were trying to organise an informal one. They were just going around the bars late telling us guys dancing that it was the next night. I didn't go so not sure if security let it go ahead.

i wonder why they scrapped the PJ night? :confused:

we had one when i went in march. i wonder if it is to do with the brimble thing and their tightening of security?

Probably another over reaction to the media hype surrounding the Dianne Brimble case.

When we were down at Portside Wharf on Saturday, we could clearly see the security doors that have been installed on the ship. There are two on the short section of open deck on the promenade deck, between the doors that come out by Dukes Bar/Club Bahia, and the doors tha go into the rear elevator lobby. There cameras over both doors, basically facing each other. Presumably there was a similar setup on the other side as well.

Has anyone had a PJ night lately. We went prepared in August and there wasn't one. Someone said that P & O had stopped them. A group of people were trying to organise an informal one. They were just going around the bars late telling us guys dancing that it was the next night. I didn't go so not sure if security let it go ahead.

There was a PJ night on my cruise in March. I don't understand why they would get rid of it? :confused: As far as I could see, no one was making trouble. PJ night is no different from Island night or the other theme nights!

There used to be a gender bender theme night on Pacific Sky. That was the best fun! :D I never dressed up for that one but it was fun to watch!! :cool: One of the Pacific Sky entertainers would dress up as a girl and dance in front of every one at the starlight disco! So funny!! :) It would be good if P&O brought that back.

When we were down at Portside Wharf on Saturday, we could clearly see the security doors that have been installed on the ship. There are two on the short section of open deck on the promenade deck, between the doors that come out by Dukes Bar/Club Bahia, and the doors tha go into the rear elevator lobby. There cameras over both doors, basically facing each other. Presumably there was a similar setup on the other side as well.

could you please explain in some more detail what these doors look like (sorry if it is clear to everyone else, my brain is fried from a weeks worth of exams).

and strawberry, the gender bender night sounds tops. wouldnt mind it if they brought that one back.

Hi Blonde. pyjama party start after dinner, but Island night most people wear their lei's etc to dinner. have a lovely cruise everyone who are leaving soon . I get excited every cruise I go on. and I enjoy myself. it would be my own fault if I didn't, with so much to do, or nothing at all if it suits.

regards

Maybe someone whos just been on a Star cruise can let us know if there is a PJ night!!??

Hi Kerri,

There was no pj night on our 10 night cruise in August. We had, Island night, Country and Western, Rock and Roll and 2 formal nights.

Trevor.

Archived