Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:29 PM.
Burleigh Waters
143 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
Priority Parking was perfect for us coming from the Gold Coast. Worked out at $20 a head which would equate to $10 each way per person. You couldn't train and taxi it from the Gold Coast for less. Was great to have your own wheels to get home in too.
Cairns, Nth. Qld
241 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
Our boys 12 & 15 always ate with us at the early sitting, but every night there was a "Kid's Menu" put on our table. They always chose to pick from the main menu though...in other words, they are well catered for no matter where they sit!
Cheers
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Nerissa

Star R631 Week Fantastique
Cairns, Nth. Qld
241 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
Originally posted by kezza
Thanks Sherrie for such a great review. Great detail. Those photos are expensive aren't they, but I'm a sucker and end up buying quite a few. I love to have the Island photos when you get off the ship at the beginning of each island stop in my photo album, as well as the theme night ones.

We didn't see any shows on our last cruise so we might take in a couple this time, especially if they're on before 2nd sitting (depends on the weather outside and the socializing of course).

Kerri
Hi Kerri!
Just have to say, you must see a show! I'm sure you won't be dissappointed. Normal showtimes were 8pm for 1st sitting diners & 10pm for 2nd sitting diners. Some evenings they were altered to 6.15pm for 2nd sitting diners & 8pm for 1st sitting diners.

As for professional photos, yes they cost a bit. We culled our pics each day and at the cruise's end, culled again (brutally!). I remember a lady in the photo queue one day (about day 4....) screaming out "$435! You're bloody joking!" This was after she was handed the receipt to sign...she didn't change her mind though, just walked away swearing under her breath. I presume they were the only photos she bought! Moral of the story: always ask the cost before you get too carried away!
Cheers
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Nerissa

Queensland
750 Posts
Joined Sep 2005
Originally posted by Skyrules
I have to say that 'The Band Played Waltzing Matilda' near the end of the G'Day, G'Day show ALWAYS brings a tear to the eye - but full credit to whoever designed the show, the use of Waltzing Matilda at the end to bring the mood back up is wonderful. On our last cruise there was a VERY drunk man at the back of the show lounge who started very loudly mouthing off during that song, and he was lucky that his mates quickly removed him from the show lounge, other wise I think he'd have been linched by about 800 passengers.
A young teenager near us started to giggle loudly during the song but one of the youth security guys ( something I forgot to mention before they now have a couple of young guys on as youth security) told her to be quiet and respectful or leave and she shut up real quick
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
44 cruises down and looking forward to the next two - Golden Princess Jan 2019 and Sun Princess Sept 2019 - 1x Fairsea, 1 x Fairstar, 3 x Fair Princess, 2 x Pacific Sky, 5 x Pacific Sun, 3 x Pacific Star, 7 x Pacific Dawn, 3 x Rhapsody of the Seas, 2 x Dawn Princess, 6 x Sun Princess, 3 x Voyager of the Seas, 1 x Carnival Spirit, 1 x Pacific Jewel, 3 x Sea Princess, 1 x Sapphire Princess, 1 x Legend of the Seas, 1 x Golden Princess (3 legs).
Brisbane
4,730 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
Originally posted by suey
A young teenager near us started to giggle loudly during the song but one of the youth security guys ( something I forgot to mention before they now have a couple of young guys on as youth security) told her to be quiet and respectful or leave and she shut up real quick
I think the idea of youth security is a good one. I wonder if that was only because there was a large number of kids on the cruise being school holidays, or whether that'll be a standard thing now?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Christmas & New Year South Pacific (12 nights)

__________________________________________________ ___

Pacific Sky, Pacific Star (2), Pacific Sun (5), Pacific Dawn (4), Pacific Jewel, Pacific Pearl (2), Celebrity Millennium, Celebrity Solstice, Rhapsody of the Seas, Aurora (2)
750 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
Originally posted by aussiedisneyfan
Love reading all the review. We bought Harry Potter GOF in Jan for about the same price and it only worked till about 1/2 way through. Never again.
Yeah, I'm over the cheapie bootleg dvds too. When we were in Bangkok a few months ago, I didn't even look at them. I usually wait for those sales at Blockbuster, VideoEzy or whatever of ex rentals. They're legal, they work, they cost between $10-15 and you get all the extras!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Sun Princess March 2012 Brisbane-Sydney Repo
Coral Princess April 2011 Acapulco-Fort Lauderdale Trans-Canal
Freedom of the Seas Oct 2008 Western Caribbean
Pacific Star Dec 16, 2006 New Caledonia & Vanuatu
Island Princess Feb 8, 1991 Amazon (Manaus-San Juan)
Pacific Princess Sept 1984 Mexican Riviera
Canberra, Australia
5,116 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
The get 3 or 4 couples on stage (nominations beforehand) and then separate the partners. They ask the same series of questions to each partner and the couple with the most matches wins.

Usually laughter provoking questions such as what bra size is the lady, if your man's "hmm hmm" was a car what sort would it be, and when was the last time you ....

So if you aren't brave don't volunteer.

They also sometimes have a perfect match game too with the winners scoring a free dinner at the steakhouse.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Email me
Some of my Travel Photos

Queensland
1,522 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
Originally posted by Rallo
Wow 47 in your group - that will be huge!
We are also travelling on the same cruise as Matre next Easter and there will be 44 of us!! Should be a blast and I don't think we can do the same as you guys and miss each other. Although picking out who is who in groups that large may be tricky!! May have to have a signal to indicate who CCers are or just organise a CC meet & greet in the library as per previous suggestions.

Now that Suey, Frog, Bek & Nan have finished their "half way" cruise we can start to concentrate on the 50th cruise. Have to plan t-shirts and lots of other fun stuff. Does anyone know a good "cheap" supplier in Brisbane we can use for screen printing t-shirts? Suey has some great ideas as a born organiser of cruise packs we are putting together for all of our cruising companions even picking up 44 copies of a Pacific Daily newsletter while on there last week. Couldn't get the sick bags though. Don't ask!! I managed to get 100 lanyards on EBay for $28 which were a fantastic bargain and of great quality. Anybody want to buy a lanyard, we only need 44!! Just kidding, I'm sure they will come in handy.

Cheers,
Chaz
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
28 cruises down & long time to wait for next booked cruise 17 nights Hong Kong to Brisbane in Sep 19!!!
Fair Princess x4, Pacific Sky x3, Pacific Sun, Pacific Star x3, Pacific Dawn x5, Rhapsody of the Seas x3, Oriana (ok the Oriana cruise was only two nights!), Sun Princess x4, Sapphire Princess, Voyager of the Seas x2, Dawn Princess

<SMALL></SMALL>
Sydney, NSW
26 Posts
Joined Oct 2006
The DVD is also a rip-off I think at $40. .
Is this the price for getting photo's put onto a dvd or is it a dvd of the cruise?
Cairns, Nth. Qld
241 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
Originally posted by Witchipoo
Is this the price for getting photo's put onto a dvd or is it a dvd of the cruise?
Hi Witchipoo,
The price of having your own photos put onto CD is $9.95. The $40 is for the cruise- made DVD.
Cheers
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Nerissa

New Zealand
63 Posts
Joined Jun 2006
Thank you for your review!! Made me imagine I was there Back to reality!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Next Cruise:
W805N Pacific Island Hopper, Pacific Dawn, 20 January 2018
Last Cruise:
R805 Summer Daydream, Pacific Star, 29 January 2008
Newcastle, Australia
389 Posts
Joined Sep 2006
Originally posted by aussiedisneyfan
Love reading all the review. We bought Harry Potter GOF in Jan for about the same price and it only worked till about 1/2 way through. Never again.

Is Jinek Bay straight up and over at Lifou. You walked? I have only been up to the church and snorkeled on the beaches near the tender wharf. Interesting about Cascade falls. I knew there was a charge but not expecting that much. Not that it is huge but still.
When I visited Villa, I went to the Cascade Falls but at the time didn't realise you had to pay to get in. We caught a taxi there and started walking up the falls and some tour guy said you had to pay. He let us continue anyway. I agree, it's a lot of money to pay, just to see beautiful nature. Fun though.
Newcastle, Australia
389 Posts
Joined Sep 2006
Priority Parking was perfect for us coming from the Gold Coast. Worked out at $20 a head which would equate to $10 each way per person. You couldn't train and taxi it from the Gold Coast for less. Was great to have your own wheels to get home in too.
Is there similar parking at the Sydney Wharf? Because $80 sounds better than paying for shuttle buses from the Central Coast!
Canberra, Australia
218 Posts
Joined Aug 2005
Can't remember the exact price, but it worked out about $12 per day.
You just parked there, told the ticket people, filled in a form and then payed when you got back.
We have dont this treee times now, and have had no problems either time. The first time we caught a taxi to the ship and back, but the second time I dropped the family and luggage off at the ship, drove there myself, and walked back to the ship, and the reverse for the return journey.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Fairstar - January 1985
Pacific Sky - P236B 5 December 2002
Pacific Sky - P332 17 November 2003
Pacific Sky - P408 4 March 2004
Pacific Sun - N508 8 March 2005
Pacific Sun - N531 19 October 2005
Pacific Sun - N6055 5 February 2006
Pacific Sky - P611N 1 April 2006
Pacific Sky - P612N 8 April 2006
Celebrity Summit - Southbound Alaska - 27 May 2006
Pacific Star - R635 25 October 2006
Pacific Star - R707 February 2007
Celebrity Mercury - Mexican Riviera Cruise - 6 April 2007
Pacific Sun - N722 15 July 2007
Celebrity Mercury - New Zealand/Australia cruise - 6 January 2008
Rhapsody of the Sea - New Caledonia & South Pacific - 13 December 2008
Pacific Sun - N009N 7 March 2010
Volendam - New Zealand - 2 January 2011
Volendam - South Pacific - 16 January 2011
Pacific Jewel - South Pacific - 12 July 2011
Zaandam - South Pacific - 09 December 2011
Zaandam - Sydney/Singapore - 23 December 2011
Zaandam - Singapore/HongKong - 8 January 2012
Sun Princess - Brisbane/Sydney - 1 March 2012
Sea Princess – Sydney/New Zealand – 3 December 2012
Oosterdam – Sydney/New Zealand – 19 December 2012
Oosterdam – South Pacific – 2 January 2013
Voyager of the Seas – South Pacific / New Zealand – 13 January 2013
Pacific Jewel - South Pacific - 16 July 2014
Pacific Pearl - Nowhere - 17 July 2014
Pacific Pearl - South Pacific - 21 July 2014
Pacific Jewel - South Pacific - 28 December 2014
Volendam - Vancouver/Washington/Hawaii/American Samoa/Vanuatu/New Caledonia - 23 September 2015
Pacific Jewel - South Pacific - 30 November 2015
Dawn Princess – Sydney/New Zealand – 7 April 2016
Pacific Aria – South Pacific – 9 May 2016
Carnival Spirit – South Pacific – 25 April 2015
Carnival Spirit – South Pacific – 23 June 2015
Wauchope NSW
4,892 Posts
Joined Oct 2006
Hi all

Just in relation to parking in Sydney, we always stay at the Gemini hotel Randwick $140 per night or $99 standby rates. They have free parking for a week while you are away and seven dollars per day after that. They have free transfer service to or from airport and central station.

When we cruised in March this year we drove down to Sydney, had a night before the cruise, got the transfer to central station, from there you have the choice of a taxi ($10) or the light rail. You just call them on your return and they pick you up from central to collect the car. We always like to stay a night before we leave because we have 5 hour trip to Sydney or pay the huge fares to fly! Plus we get to do some duty free shopping although we always end up at the pub across from the terminal and don't get on the boat till the little man comes across to get us!!!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Northern Star x 1
Fairstar x 2
Pacific Sky x 1
Pacific Sun x 4
Pacific Dawn x 3
Fair Princess x 1
Dawn Princess x 4
Golden Princess x 1
Diamond Princess x 3
Sapphire Princess x 2
Emerald Princess x 1
Arcadia x 1
Queen Mary 2 x 1
Solstice x 1
Ovation of the Seas x 1
Radiance of the Seas x 1
Voyager of the Seas x 1
Explorer of the Seas x 1
Rhapsody of the Seas x 1
Carmival Spirit x 1
71 Posts
Joined Oct 2006
We are looking forward to our first cruise (Star), counting the days now! It was so interesting to read your account, particularly about the shore days. We won't be taking any of the conducted tours - they seem to be overpriced. Did you organise the minibus, car etc before you got there? And the snorkelling - was it arranged from Qld? How far is the dock from the town, in each island? Walkable distance? Would really appreciate some tips about self conducted tours on the islands....
Burleigh Waters
143 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
Originally posted by acdc
We are looking forward to our first cruise (Star), counting the days now! It was so interesting to read your account, particularly about the shore days. We won't be taking any of the conducted tours - they seem to be overpriced. Did you organise the minibus, car etc before you got there? And the snorkelling - was it arranged from Qld? How far is the dock from the town, in each island? Walkable distance? Would really appreciate some tips about self conducted tours on the islands....
Noumea - $15 per person one hour bus tour with English guide was organised out front of terminal at Noumea, there's also a person inside terminal from different group I think.

Lifou - Just walk over to Jinek Bay with your snorkelling gear - free.

Port Vila - Heaps of minibuses at wharf to run you into town or to drive you around all day like we did. I was a bit dubious about our rundown transport but all turned out fine.