Great Customer Service from Cunard

safarigal

I have read several complaints about the customer service at Cunard, and this has all sounded very disappointing.

However, over the past week I must say I have had excellent service, and I have been very impressed.

Firstly Tiffany from reservations worked extremely hard to deal with changes I wished to make to my reservation, and then today Donna from guest services was able to sort out a problem I have had with my on board bill from a prior cruise. I let her know that I was boarding QM2 tomorrow, and she arranged for me to receive a gift on the ship.

These ladies really went above and beyond to provide excellent customer service, and I am very grateful to them both :)

I recently had a similarly extremely positive phone-based customer service interaction with Cunard. I once worked in an industry where we created and implemented competency assessments for customer service professionals. Each assessment could contain an average of 15-20 competency elements, with each one rated on a 5-point scale. The Cunard customer service professional I spoke with would have easily rated 5-points across all competencies. Pretty darn impressive.

Because customer service has become so bad (I don't just mean Cunard, I mean pretty much all companies) that when we get service as we should do, we now refer to it as great service, when actually getting the service we want should be the default outcome.

I suppose our expectations are now so low that any service at all is considered good.

I'd wait to see if you actually get your gift first if I were you.

Have faith TOTH, there waiting for me in my cabin, right next to the Pol Acker, was a rather nice looking bottle of red wine.

Have faith TOTH, there waiting for me in my cabin, right next to the Pol Acker, was a rather nice looking bottle of red wine.
Which means your glass will be more than half full ( :) ), (whereas some people's glass is more than half empty ( ;) )).

Have the most marvelous time, and bring home wonderful memories.

Enjoy, will you be blogging on this trip ?

I have had internet issues, and even Adam in Connexions was unable to sort it out, but yes, I am blogging again - but it's on the Fjording page as the internet was too slow to create a new page :)

I have had internet issues, and even Adam in Connexions was unable to sort it out, but yes, I am blogging again - but it's on the Fjording page as the internet was too slow to create a new page :)
Thank you, I look forward to reading about this crossing.