princess transfers to port at end of cruise

suec12

We usually just plan our own transportation but we arrive to San Pedro and need to get to LAX on a Saturday. Not in a hurry - plane does not leave until 3. If we sign up for the Princess transfer, is it likely we can leave the ship at a late disembark time? The LA traffic has me a bit nervous and not sure I want to Uber - we have had some bad Uber experiences here in Atlanta.

We usually just plan our own transportation but we arrive to San Pedro and need to get to LAX on a Saturday. Not in a hurry - plane does not leave until 3. If we sign up for the Princess transfer, is it likely we can leave the ship at a late disembark time? The LA traffic has me a bit nervous and not sure I want to Uber - we have had some bad Uber experiences here in Atlanta.

Princess transfer. You just request the disembarkation time you want. Once you are outside you go to where the Princess transfer buses are parked and the staff will tell you which one is going where you want to go. You board and wait until the bus is filled.

You can also book a transfer on line with one of the shuttle services like Prime Time or Super Shuttle.

If there is traffic it will be there for whatever service you take.

Assigned disembarkation time by PSD for Princess airport transfers are usually based on guest-provided flight times. You may probably be given the latest shuttle departure time within their guideline. Suggest you discuss it with the PSD when onboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had a transfer from San Pedro to LAX and our meeting time was like 10:15. I don’t think it gets much later since they need everyone off the ship to turn it over and start boarding for the next cruise. Oh and our flight was at 5:30. Long afternoon at the airport.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't know about LA, but usually at a disembarkation port, Princess offers a 'Transfer Tour' (during the last couple of days of the cruise) that drops you off at the airport if you are departing after a certain time in the afternoon.

While I've found transfers to be pricey (I never book them), these 'transfer tours' (at least the ones I've done) have been interesting and a good value.

We were in San Pedro last month. We were one of the last group to leave the ship as we were in no hurry. Our flight did not leave LAX until 6 PM. We exited the terminal, went to the curb where Super Shuttle had a shuttle waiting, paid them $35 for the two of us going to LAX. Since we had a late flight, of course they made the trip in record time!

Princess did offer a side trip to Long Beach starting at 9 AM with an arrival time at LAX of 2 PM. It was an "on your own" tour of the pier, Queen Mary and aquarium. The cost was around $50/each.

Your best bet would be to do a Princess tour with airport drop off but you have to have a flight after a certain time period and they're sticklers about that. Maybe someone who has cruised recently can tell you about that since you don't find out about it until you're onboard.

They like to get the airport transfer people off the ship and on their way. If you don't (or can't) do a Princess tour, you'd do MUCH better staying on the ship as long as you can (latest is about 9:30am) then taking a taxi to the airport. Or, a late shuttle that would hopefully make some stops to use up time. We prefer PrimeTime Shuttle over Super Shuttle. PrimeTime's vans are generally nicer and newer: https://www.primetimeshuttle.com/