CCL Stock Tumbles.

Kenswing

CCL stock is down almost $6 per share right now to $57.55 due to a negative profit outlook.

Might be a good chance to buy for those looking to take advantage of the shareholder benefit.

Might be a good time to buy even if you have 100 already, it seems to recover quickly and is quite a volatile stock

CCL stock is down almost $6 per share right now to $57.55 due to a negative profit outlook.

Might be a good chance to buy for those looking to take advantage of the shareholder benefit.

Unlike other cruise lines you can't combine it with other discounts so we sold ours and bought Princess CCL stock. If RCL would allow combining it would be a good to buy.

The entire market is down over 250 pts. All the cruise line stocks are down by a lot! I have no idea what Princess CCL stock might be since Princess is owned by the CCL corporation and doesn't have its own separate stock?? Not sure what I am missing??

You can get stock holders OBC +other OBC for many other reasons so can be combined . We have about $800 OBC for our Panama Canal cruise which includes stock holder, military, and perk for booking.

The entire market is down over 250 pts. All the cruise line stocks are down by a lot! I have no idea what Princess CCL stock might be since Princess is owned by the CCL corporation and doesn't have its own separate stock?? Not sure what I am missing??

You can get stock holders OBC +other OBC for many other reasons so can be combined . We have about $800 OBC for our Panama Canal cruise which includes stock holder, military, and perk for booking.

There is no such thing as Princess stock. The stock is CCL--the company which owns Princess and multiple other cruise lines.

And the good thing about it being Carnival Corp. and not Princess stock is that the shareholder benefit is good for all the brands. We've received it on our one Carnival cruise and several Holland America ones.

ROYAL Is down 5% as well.

The percentages will change but currently CCL is over 10%, RCL 6% and NCL 8%...the stock market’s rollercoaster ride continues.

Even if the price dropped to the $29.50 we paid with the amount of OBC & dividends we’ve received it’d still be profitable for me.

Edited by Astro Flyer

The percentages will change but currently CCL is over 10%, RCL 6% and NCL 8%...the stock market’s rollercoaster ride continues.

Even if the price dropped to the $29.50 we paid with the amount of OBC & dividends we’ve received it’d still be profitable for me.

It's due to higher oil prices leading to a large increase in operational costs for all cruise lines.

But some like Norwegian have already increased cruise fares considerably.

Unlike other cruise lines you can't combine it with other discounts so we sold ours and bought Princess CCL stock. If RCL would allow combining it would be a good to buy.

Sorry but your post doesn't make any sense,

You CAN combine the stockholder OBC with most others on Princess

Also its NOT a discount but an On Board Credit

Also its NOT Princess CCL, its just plain CCL, Carnival, Corporation or PLC depending on whether its London or NY Stock Exchange. stock, Princess does not have a quoted stock of its own.

Looks like it historically goes down in July and then rebounds. Wish I enough extra in the bank to get a hundred shares.

If you have an IRA account friends have used some of those funds to purchase CCL as part of their IRA investments to get the free OBCs.

• Like 1

It's due to higher oil prices leading to a large increase in operational costs for all cruise lines.

But some like Norwegian have already increased cruise fares considerably.

Actually the financial report I saw this morning said all discretionary spending stocks were being hit which would of course include Cruising. Not so much oil price based.

Actually the financial report I saw this morning said all discretionary spending stocks were being hit which would of course include Cruising. Not so much oil price based.
Why were these stocks hit, when the economy is booming?

Just go to the Princess site and "search" Shareholder Benefit.

Onboard credit:

6 days or less = $50

7-13 days = $100

14 days + = $250

Just one credit per stateroom!

The shareholder benefit is on the Carnival Corporation website under Investor Relations => Shareholder Information => Shareholder Benefit. A direct link is http://www.carnivalcorp.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit.

If you have an IRA account friends have used some of those funds to purchase CCL as part of their IRA investments to get the free OBCs.

Mine is in a Roth IRA with dividend reinvestment. No RMD's and my kids can deal with it when I am gone.