transfer/tour from Southampton to Chipping Campden?

poss

I'd appreciation suggestions. Would love to find some sort of group transfer/tour, but suspect that's not possible. I wonder who might go this route, preferably with stops along the way, but even direct, if touring isn't possible.

Thank you.

My first instinct is to suggest hiring a car to drive yourself. How are you planning to get around when you are staying in Chipping Campden? Public transport is not great in these parts and needs planning. Great walking country, of course [emoji3]

I’m sure any of the South coast based firms regularly recommended on the board for London transfers to/from Southampton will happily deliver you to Chipping Campden and, if you like, visit some of the usual sites such as Salisbury or Stonehenge on the way.

Alternatively, a Cotswolds based tour operator could pick you up and give you a south to north tour of the Cotswolds on the way. Just suggesting that for local expertise - any operator worth their salt could put an itinerary together. It depends what you want to see and what you plan to do for your days in the Cotswolds.

Here’s a page with a list of some of our local guys - under CC rules I am not able to make a personal recommendation:

https://www.cotswolds.info/cotswold-tours/chauffeur.shtml

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A hire car looks to be the best option, so long as someone is confident enough to drive on the left. You could pick up a car in Southampton and drop it off at Heathrow before venturing into London. There are many reasons why you won't want to drive in London.

A diversion to Salisbury and Stonehenge on the way to Chipping Campden would be reasonably easy.

• 2 weeks later...

We won't drive ourselves and can't do busses and trains especially with transfers, as we're elderly and will have luggage. We've already found a good guide service from Chipping Campden to visit many other villages for several days. And a good place to stay.

We've stayed in Bath and Oxford several times, loved both. Also visits to Salisbury, Avebury, Castle Combe, Lacock, etc.

I'm not surprised that there doesn't seem to be anything other than quite expensive private driver to Chipping Cotswolds.

I've appreciated all the efforts to help. Many thanks.

• 1 month later...

We used Eddie Manning a year or so ago. He picked up four of us at Southampton cruise port. We spent the day in the Cotswolds at several towns and then he drove us to London.  I think it was about eight hours and we paid about $600. It was worth it to me as I dreamed of seeing the Cotswolds and we spent time in several towns walking around eating etc. you can google him. He could get you from Southampton to Cotswolds I’m sure for far less than that. He was delightful.