Transfer from Amsterdam Centraal to Schipol Airport - shortest time?

asebastian

Hi all,

Just wondering for our next year's Baltic cruise which ends in Amsterdam at 7am. There's a flight out from Schipol airport at 11:55am, and I'm wondering if this is too close. The train journey itself seems to be only 30 mins, but unsure of other factors that may delay check-in.

Thanks

We came back in July same flight time we were off the ship by 8:15 I prebooked a taxi for 8:30 we were at AMS by 9am the lines were long but we were in BUS so it was a shorter line

I would say if you can get off in the first or second group you should be OK

If you are flying to the USA I have read that you pre clear immigration & customs in AMS so that may slow you down a bit

Edited by LHT28

Actually we're looking to fly back to Australia (using Finnair via Helsinki to Hong Kong first). Would be flying Business Class.

I'm concerned that the ship may dock a little later, or delayed due to congestion at the arrival port, unable to get off the ship right away, transfers etc. There's a 6.50pm flight to Helsinki as well, so may aim for that. Longer wait at the airport, plus overnight into Hong Kong arrival mid-afternoon instead of morning. Later connection into Melbourne, so in the end we'll be arriving home a full day later! Joys of travelling....

Thanks for your responses.

There's a 6.50pm flight to Helsinki as well, so may aim for that. Longer wait at the airport, plus overnight into Hong Kong arrival mid-afternoon instead of morning.
FWIW, I think you might find the "day" flight from Helsinki to Hong Kong quite punishing. It would depart Helsinki at 3.40 pm Amsterdam time and arrive in Hong Kong at 1.25 am Amsterdam time, so you'd have had little chance to get any sleep. You'd then have to stagger through to 6.40 am Amsterdam time while changing flights in Hong Kong, probably feeling like death warmed up, and then you might find it difficult again to sleep on the flight to Melbourne because your body thinks that it's day time once more (with bright daylight outside).

From a body clock point of view, the midnight departure from Helsinki to Hong Kong might work better because there would at least be that one flight on which you could concentrate on getting some good sleep.