Solstice Class - Has anyone ever replaced the showerhead in Standard rooms?

AtlantaCruiser72

OP you could book an AQ stateroom...which has an awesome shower with a removable spray ( best as I can recall)

The bath tubs in the Signature suites on Reflection have two shower heads. One fixed rainshower head and a second one with a flexible hose. And they can both be operated at the same time.

I di have to say that the question is a rather unique one,and personally, I think it would take a really large pair, to do it. However, it is pretthy cheap of Celebrity to have put fixed heads in the S class showers abd I hate them also. Not exactly Modern Luxury.

You have reminded me of one of my favorite tips.

I bring my portable backpacking shower bag, fill it with water and leave it on the deck allowing the water to get good an hot. Then I hang it from the balcony above me and take a nice roomy shower on my balcony. Those old people on the ship docked across the way can't see past their nose anyway so I don't worry about offending anybody.

Now that is not my special tip. Here is the tip that makes this magic. If on port day you have everything ready to go you can time your balcony shower for the moment the window washing crew reaches your balcony. Water from multiple directions is a near spa experience!

Another suggestion to solve OP's problem - pack a lightweight plastic garden sprinkling can - just fill it from the 'fixed' shower head and you'll have an instant 'handheld' shower, no plumbing-tampering required.

I remember it well..... And the subsequent disappointment over the poorly located and reduced storage space. I cannot fathom any woman (especially a mother) saying - "let's put in a fixed shower head rather than a hand held, because that's so much easier (especially with kids". Same with the storage closet over the bed - unless all the women consultants were 6'4" I can't imagine anyone thinking that the over bed storage was a great idea as a primary shelving space.

Or no retractable clothes line in the shower... or a very splashy sink....or lots of bathroom shelves but not much room in the closet. Doubt these women were average cruisers needing to exist in a small space for a week or more.

But we still do okay ...S or M class and look forward to seeing what they'll have on Edge.