Classic Drink Pkg.

george35

I have the Cassic Pkg. from my TA, But my wife & I enjoy the Martinni Bar. We would like to up-grade to the Preminum Pkg., my question is should we do it on the 1st day, 2nd day or when & how much more will it cost?? We will be on an 11 day cruise on the EQUINOX.

george35

The martin bar martinis are about $12... so you can either pay the difference ($3 plus gratuity I think). We have never purchased a drink package so hopefully someone else can tell you how to best go about upgrading. You might call Celebrity and ask if someone does not respond. Generally speaking the earlier you can do these upgrades the less costly.

How many martinis do you drink in a day? One? Five? If you're only having one per day, it might not be worth the cost of the upgrade but any bartender will be happy to help you sorting that out. Are you looking for specialty martinis or are you a standard martini drinker? You don't need to go to the Martini Bar to get a basic martini or cosmo or negroni, you can get them on the classic package at any other bar on the ship except for the World Class Bar.

The Martini Bar martini's were awesome. If you only drink one per evening, you might consider sticking with the Classic package and just paying the difference. I think upgrades to the premium package were an additional $10+ per day. With the Classic package, you would just pay the difference plus 18% gratuity.

We paid for the upgrade at the first bar we went to which was the sunset bar. We should have waited and done it at the Martini Bar as the bar staff there were much friendlier and we would like the extra tip on the upgrade to go to them. Next time we will only upgrade at the Martini Bar.

Two martinis a day and two better glasses of wine at dinner was our usual so the upgrade was more economical.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The upgrade to the premium beverage package is $10.00 per day, plus 18% gratuity, for a total of $11.80 per day. You don't have to upgrade right away, if you want to see how it goes with the classic beverage package. As previously mentioned, it is a good idea to upgrade at the bar you will be frequenting since the gratuity will go to that bartender. At least, I think that is the case.

I would not upgrade the 1st day - I would wait and see how it goes and if you are OK paying the difference - as pointed out if you are only have 1 upgraded martini - then it wouldn't be worth it.

Upgrading is super easy - just ask the bartender at any bar and they'll put in your upgrade.

We have been OK with Classic on the 2 prior cruises, but I do understand that they have changed their pricing - so we are planning on seeing how things go and maybe an upgrade if necessary half way through the cruise.

The martinis at the Martini bar, if I remember correctly are $12.50. So with the Classic Package you would pay $4.13 over your package limit for a Martini.

The upgrade is $11.80 per day. If you are happy with everything else on the Classic pkg (wines, water & brands of liquor) and only drink 1 Martini a day you are better off to stay with the Classic pkg. and pay the $4.13. vs $11.80 to upgrade.

When we have the Classic package, we always upgrade as soon as we board. Premium package will also cover freshly squeezed juices in Oceanview Cafe, specialty coffees at Al Bacio and bottled water. There are more reasons to upgrade than just martinis. :)

When we have the Classic package, we always upgrade as soon as we board. Premium package will also cover freshly squeezed juices in Oceanview Cafe, specialty coffees at Al Bacio and bottled water. There are more reasons to upgrade than just martinis. :)

If you are a fan of Vitamin Water and/or sparkling water (Pelligrino), they are also covered in the premium beverage package. My DH enjoys Bailey's which was moved from the classic to premium beverage package before our last cruse. Nice that we had the premium beverage as a benefit of Go Best for our Equinox booking. He enjoyed all of his old and new favorite beverages - and I enjoyed sampling at the Martini Bar as well as the premium wines by the glass menu.

As an aside, regardless of the beverage package you have, be sure to ask for the wine list when you are seated for dinner, if it is not offered. We didn't care for the very abbreviated selections that are printed in the dinner menu. After a few nights in the MDR, I resolved to ask for the wine list - which was provided - and was happy to see the entire list that has been posted in the Celebrity forum a number of times. Many more choices translate to more enjoyable dinners.

Fresh squeezed juices, specialty coffe and bottled water (not vitamin water or Pellegrino) are also covered on Classic.

Upgrading is super easy - just ask the bartender at any bar and they'll put in your upgrade.

Oh, you don't need to ask them, The first day or two they will pester you to upgrade every time you order a drink:rolleyes:. I always upgrade since I like Macallan (and some martinis), the wife is very happy with the classic.

I have the Cassic Pkg. from my TA, But my wife & I enjoy the Martinni Bar. We would like to up-grade to the Preminum Pkg., my question is should we do it on the 1st day, 2nd day or when & how much more will it cost?? We will be on an 11 day cruise on the EQUINOX.

george35

you can upgrade as soon as you get on the boat. FYI The Slush bar is awesome but you will be charged $6 / drink unless you upgrade.

My wife and I have the Classic Package. I like high end Scotch. Is it possible for myself to increase to the Premium Package or do we both have to get it? She just wants sparkling wine and I want to get my Chivas Regal.

Thanks for your reply.

KJ

Yes, it is permitted that only one of you can upgrade. No problem.

Yes, it is permitted that only one of you can upgrade. No problem.

Really? Is this a change, or was I misinformed on the Summit (albeit almost 2 years ago now)? It was impossible then to only upgrade one person in the same stateroom and we were told that everyone in the stateroom had to have the same package so we were charged 2 upgrade fees.

Really? Is this a change, or was I misinformed on the Summit (albeit almost 2 years ago now)? It was impossible then to only upgrade one person in the same stateroom and we were told that everyone in the stateroom had to have the same package so we were charged 2 upgrade fees.

I think you may be confusing yourself. Both people in a cabin have to have a package but if you both already have classic and only one wants to upgrade that is perfectly okay.

When you are booking and choosing between a beverage package, gratuities, internet and OBC, both people in the stateroom must choose the same perks. After that, if one wants to upgrade, the other one doesn't have to also. I can't speak to what the conditions were two years ago, but this is the way it is now.

I think you may be confusing yourself. Both people in a cabin have to have a package but if you both already have classic and only one wants to upgrade that is perfectly okay.

Not confused.

Boarded the ship with the classic drink package as part of a go-better promotion (or 123-go, can't remember) where we had chosen 2 (classic drink & $150 credit each).

Wanted to upgrade my package only to premium but was told that both of us needed to upgrade so we both ended up with premium. Not regretting the decision but seems we were misinformed.

I have never been able to get freshly squeezed juice at the Oceanview.

I know people say they have it but I've asked and what I received was definitely NOT freshly squeezed.

(I drink grapefruit juice)

We usually sail in Aqua and I DO get it in Blu but sometimes just want a glass of juice and don't want to walk all the way back there .

Not confused.

Boarded the ship with the classic drink package as part of a go-better promotion (or 123-go, can't remember) where we had chosen 2 (classic drink & $150 credit each).

Wanted to upgrade my package only to premium but was told that both of us needed to upgrade so we both ended up with premium. Not regretting the decision but seems we were misinformed.

They were wrong. You should have gone to someone else and asked the question. Sorry that happened to you.

Their package descriptions for both Classic and Premium offer "fresh and bottled juices" these days. The "fresh" juices are squeezed at a facility in port and put in containers to be served on the ship. The bottled versions are familiar name brands by Coca Cola. There were reports that at least one of the Blu restaurants brought back an actual juice machine but don't know for sure.