Inside cabin 6005 QM2

Happyholidayer

Hi As anyone ever booked this cabin. I know it's under the observation deck but don't know if there would be any noise from above. I also know it's well forward. Does anyone also know how the bathroom layout works i.e. the shower. I need to know if there is a step up or over the base/floor. If anyone also knows how high the step up to access the bathroom. This would be most useful.

This room was quiet and peaceful for our crossing westbound in July 17. There is a step to get up and into the bathroom, and a little wall to step over to get into the shower.

It seemed like mostly entertainers and speakers were our neighbors in our private little corridor, so we were all a quiet bunch.

David

Thank you David

Most useful! I know you sail in July so ships movement would be less I guess. We have just returned and were on deck 5 aft. There was some rocking and rolling for 36 hours going. Did you feel any movement. The ships sales officer told us to avoid the front of ship if possible. I know someone was in the opposite accessible cabin and had knocking noises all the way home to Southampton. No repairs could be carried out until Southampton. It drove them NUTS. Can you hear anything from the observation deck.

Edited by Happyholidayer

We usually have a cabin toward the front of the ship and have not been bothered by ship movement, but I know that most people say there is more movement at the front.

We had the (discounted) handicap room at the rear of the ship, 5250,for a world cruise, and had evening grinding noises for few hours most nights—like a giant garbage disposal.

Wife Donna did not like the lack of closet space and counter space, and flat floor into the large shower. Our steward brought a clothes rack to sit in the way to the bathroom, which bothered her even more:confused:!

We were actually in 6060 last July, which should be comparable to 6005, just a little farther back and quieter yet with its cozy corridor off the main corridor

I have frequently walked the hall on deck 6 and agree the mentioned cabin should be a quiet location. The observation deck above should create no noise problems.

My perception is that the motion at the front of the ship is different/greater than in the rear, but many people find motion gives a nice, rocking sleeping experience.

Have a wonderful time!