Shore Excursion Best Price Guarantee

jabl

How easy is it to claim a discount through the Carnival Shore Excursion Best Price Guarantee?

We will be in Grand Cayman next month and are looking at the Crystal Cave tours through Carnival which has a very high price of $114.99 per person. On the cave website there are links to 2 tour operators that have tours for $89 and $65. These are both publicly available tours and advertise their prices, so I believe they would qualify for the discount. However, I don't want to book the Carnival tour and then be denied the claim due to 'fine print". :)

If you have successfully claimed the lower price guarantee, I would appreciate your advice!

Book with carnival today through Friday using the SHOR10 discount code for 10% off. Then I would call to have them match the price. If they don't you can always cancel or keep the excursion for $103.49. You could always tell them that you will just cancel and re-book with the local company if they won't budge then it will be up to you to choose.

Sorry I couldn't help you with your specific question on a low price guarantee but thought I would offer this other suggestion.

this has been discussed and apparently if a comma is missing on the contract they will not price match. It has to be the EXACT same trip. Book the private tour with the best Trip Advisor ratings.

Two summers ago, I used the offer for the Harrison Caves in Barbados. It was accepted almost immediately.

Was there a difference? Well, the private excursion said "we will pick you up at your hotel". I emailed them and asked if they would pick you up at your cruise ship, and their answer was yes, I added this as a comment on my request for the OBC,

I looked at this as a win/win situation. If it was turned down, I would cancel our Carnival excursion, and book the private one. When they gave the OBC, I ended up ahead with the 110% OBC.

I’m thinking the descriptions will never match exactly. Usually the independent tours have different stops and longer duration. For example we booked a 4 hour private charter for snorkeling in Grand Turk for less than the 2 hour snorkeling excursion with Carnival. They go to the same places, but I’m sure they would say they are not the same excursion.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just got the best price guarantee for an excursion on Belize. Others had posted they had also received it so I gave it a try and within 48 hours they approved it. $100 OBC I'm sure we'll have no problem using.

I found the 2 tours you're looking at. I think you have the best shot with the Majestic Tours. The 3 hour time matches and a lot of the description matches almost word for word the Carnival excursion. Try it and if they don't approve it, cancel it.

There’s no harm in booking the excursion and trying to claim the guarantee. You can always cancel excursions up to the day or two before. So if it gets rejected can just cancel and book independently.

John just posted some coupon codes and they work as I used the spa one to book. There is a 10% discount on tours here is the list.this is not just for the Vista. This is our page that is why our ship shows up but it works on all ships

23722669_1995196063826206_7183829062378731026_n.jpg?oh=50a7c36a3fcacd911fedc6d15dfaf3bb&oe=5AAB0B08

Go ahead and book the Carnival excursion..... then apply for the Price match. If they deny it, then you can just cancel it, no penalty.

They will probably accept it. I have done it twice and got it approved both times, even though the excursion details were NOT exact.

I’m thinking the descriptions will never match exactly. Usually the independent tours have different stops and longer duration. For example we booked a 4 hour private charter for snorkeling in Grand Turk for less than the 2 hour snorkeling excursion with Carnival. They go to the same places, but I’m sure they would say they are not the same excursion.

Private tour almost always a better overall deal even if they do price match. Who wants to go on a bus of 50 people when you can do the same thing in a smaller van making more stops.

Thank you all for your replies to my question! The majority opinion seems to be to book, request the price match, and then cancel if denied. And, I'm encouraged that several of you have successfully claimed the price match. So, we just booked the excursion and applied for the price match. I'll post an update once we hear back from Carnival on the claim.

It's not only about the best price guarantee. Private tours are less crowded, less restrictive, and they depart too early. I am a diver and diving on Carnival is always more expensive and more crowded. Last dive at Grand Turk there were 5 divers. Carnivals boat, pointed out to us by our dive master, had over 30 people. I don't consider that safe diving. Thenford Gray offers a great island tour on GT as well, very informative and a true island gentleman