Policy / Cost for In Suite Bartender for Star Class Suites

Can anyone share with me what the cost is to have an in Suite bartender to service a small group if you are in a Star Class suite.

Asking specifically for a group of 8-12 to view a Aquatheater Show from one of the 2BR Aquatheater Suites.

Thanks

B-

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The answer is "depends". We did about the same thing three years ago in an OS on Oasis for 14. We also had a heavy appetizer buffet with the bar and two bartenders/servers. I started by reaching out to the concierge who referred me to ships group sales. The concierge will respond if you make it clear in your subject line it's for a party. We did ours for sail away so needed to set everything up in advance. That might not be a concern for you.

There's an entire list of options for food and levels of liquor i.e. beer/wine to top shelf. Everything is charged by the person with a minimum number (I think it was 20). They set up for two hour minimum and charge for the servers by the hour.

Everybody said it was a great way to start vacation and still talk about it. As I recall all total it was about $600 with food, bar, servers, etc.

The answer is "depends". We did about the same thing three years ago in an OS on Oasis for 14. We also had a heavy appetizer buffet with the bar and two bartenders/servers. I started by reaching out to the concierge who referred me to ships group sales. The concierge will respond if you make it clear in your subject line it's for a party. We did ours for sail away so needed to set everything up in advance. That might not be a concern for you.

There's an entire list of options for food and levels of liquor i.e. beer/wine to top shelf. Everything is charged by the person with a minimum number (I think it was 20). They set up for two hour minimum and charge for the servers by the hour.

Everybody said it was a great way to start vacation and still talk about it. As I recall all total it was about $600 with food, bar, servers, etc.

Thanks. I will reach out for sure. Only real issue is it will be a smaller group so may not be able to happen....but worth to try for sure.

We have had many parties in the 2 BR ATS and have never felt the need for a bartender. As long as you stick with beer, wine and sodas you will not have to pay for anything but the wine - and they will only charge you for what you open. If you want liquor then it's going to get more complicated.

A while back, when sailing in a GS on a non-O class ship (can't remember which ship at the moment), our Concierge told us that we would have to purchase full bottles of liquor. Another time we were told (same as jamesr3939) that they would charge on a per-person basis so it seems there is no standard answer to this question. I do seem to recall, however, that the charge for having a server (could be a different price for a bartender...who knows) was very reasonable. It was the requirement to purchase full bottles of liquor that stopped us...so we didn't do it that time.

So, (back to the O class scenario) as long as you are willing to let it be a self-serve bar and stick with beer and wine, it is a very inexpensive party. They will bring all the food you could possibly want from any restaurant (assuming your party is during normal serving hours) and they furnish all of the plates, silverware, napkins etc and they come and pick it all up, afterwards.

We have had many parties in the 2 BR ATS and have never felt the need for a bartender. As long as you stick with beer, wine and sodas you will not have to pay for anything but the wine - and they will only charge you for what you open. If you want liquor then it's going to get more complicated.

A while back, when sailing in a GS on a non-O class ship (can't remember which ship at the moment), our Concierge told us that we would have to purchase full bottles of liquor. Another time we were told (same as jamesr3939) that they would charge on a per-person basis so it seems there is no standard answer to this question. I do seem to recall, however, that the charge for having a server (could be a different price for a bartender...who knows) was very reasonable. It was the requirement to purchase full bottles of liquor that stopped us...so we didn't do it that time.

So, (back to the O class scenario) as long as you are willing to let it be a self-serve bar and stick with beer and wine, it is a very inexpensive party. They will bring all the food you could possibly want from any restaurant (assuming your party is during normal serving hours) and they furnish all of the plates, silverware, napkins etc and they come and pick it all up, afterwards.

Thank you for all the feedback. I will heed your advice and go with beer and wine only.

By the way, I am WAAAYTOOO on the other blog site. So excited for you to be Star Class ! YIPPEE !!!

Wow! Now I am not surprised you had all that info. Great news is I just emailed with Josh (Genie) and he is going to handle having drinks available for the show on our balcony. Since it’s really just 4 adults I guess he felt it was easy to handle. Now the weather just has to cooperate.

As always thanks for sharing your experiences, it certainly makes “not sweating the small stuff” easy.