Carnival Cabo Tender Info: How long? Any tips?

LandsB

Hi all,

I'll be in Cabo soon on a Carnival Cruise. I was looking for some info on getting off and on the boat using the tenders.

If it says we arrive at 9am, what time should I expect to get on shore?

Should I expect a long line on the ship and on land waiting to board the tender?

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks,

LB

• Like 1

Hi,

People on ship sponsored excursions get off first. Then folks with status in the loyalty program and Faster to the Fun can also get off. Without any of those things you will line up to get a number and you will wait for your number to be called to go down to the tenders to board them.

No one can really tell you the exact time you will be off the ship.

Don't take any food from the ship into port. They have dogs stationed right when getting off the tender checking all bags, purses, backpacks, etc. for fresh foods - even coffee. They will take it all away, including your cup of coffee.

Don't take any food from the ship into port. They have dogs stationed right when getting off the tender checking all bags, purses, backpacks, etc. for fresh foods - even coffee. They will take it all away, including your cup of coffee.

Good to know thank you. Not that we would take much but we are smackers so I can see us having a little something in our bag.

Oh no! I have a limited diet and was planning on taking some bananas, protein powder and maybe other snacks. Will they take all of that?

Would I be able to take a bottle of wine off the ship?

Is this check Carnival or the Mexican government?

Thanks for the help

Oh no! I have a limited diet and was planning on taking some bananas, protein powder and maybe other snacks. Will they take all of that?

Would I be able to take a bottle of wine off the ship?

Is this check Carnival or the Mexican government?

Thanks for the help

It's the Mexican government. It's pretty standard at all ports that you can't take off any fresh or unsealed foods. Most ports don't have dogs there, but Cabo is a one of a couple ports that do. What ever you take off will have to be sealed it its original packaging. Think protein bars and those little boxes of cereal. Not sure on the wine, but maybe someone with experience with that one will chime in.

It's the Mexican government. It's pretty standard at all ports that you can't take off any fresh or unsealed foods. Most ports don't have dogs there, but Cabo is a one of a couple ports that do. What ever you take off will have to be sealed it its original packaging. Think protein bars and those little boxes of cereal. Not sure on the wine, but maybe someone with experience with that one will chime in.

Thank you.

Anyone have experience taking off wine or alcohol?

Thank you.

Anyone have experience taking off wine or alcohol?

Why take it off? It’s cheap enough in port. Lots of excellent nonAlcohol choices available, the Agua Frescas are always good.

They do check bags. Take only commercially prepackaged foods. We take off some candy, cereal bars and/or boxes cereal from the ship. No banana, other fruit or anything from the buffet.

If there is a long line to get back on the ship, there are a couple of bars right there where you can wait for the line to go down.

LOL. There are many folks who seem to love standing in long queues (lines) and we find it somewhat amusing. We were on a Princess cruise that called at St Peter Port on the island of Guernsey. When it came time to get back on the ship we went to the tender pier where there was a huge line. It seemed like everyone had come back at the last minute including most of the ship's tours. The tender pier was right next to a couple of bars/restaurants. So we simply sat down at the nearby bar (with the queue in total view) and relaxed for more then an hour while hundreds were cooling their heels waiting to get on a tender. Once the queue had dropped to a small number (we were already well after the last tender time) we paid our tab on got on the queue (with other from the bar). We did meet a few others that evening who had actually gone to Guest Relations to complain about the long queues. They told us the reason they did not join us at the land-side bar was that they were worried about missing their early dining time (another reason to dine late).

Hank

Why take it off? It’s cheap enough in port. Lots of excellent nonAlcohol choices available, the Agua Frescas are always good.

They do check bags. Take only commercially prepackaged foods. We take off some candy, cereal bars and/or boxes cereal from the ship. No banana, other fruit or anything from the buffet.

I have a sensitive system (it sucks!) and a lot of wines make me feel bad (headache or short of breath). I have a wine that doesn't, so I REALLY want to bring it to Cabo.