Internet Packages Disappeared

Coffeeluvr05

Internet packages are only available on board. They don't sell packages by the minute. Its by the amount of data you want a day and what

your going to use it for.

???

Until the reports that began appearing on Friday, everyone with a cruise booking has be able to purchase either the by-the-minute, or the unlimited tiers on the three ships offering them (Regal, Grand, Coral), through the cruise personalizer.

Are they going to add unlimited plans to more ships? Would be very odd to do so in the middle of a seasonal deployment; those types of changes usually take effect after each respective ship's spring or fall repo cruise. My guess is that Princess is simply doing maintenance on that option. Their favorite time to pull things offline has always been right after close of business on Friday (just to drive the weekend CSOs crazy I suppose).

???

Until the reports that began appearing on Friday, everyone with a cruise booking has be able to purchase either the by-the-minute, or the unlimited tiers on the three ships offering them (Regal, Grand, Coral), through the cruise personalizer.

My guess is that Princess is doing maintenance on that option. Their favorite time to pull things offline has always been right after close of business on Friday (just to drive the weekend CSOs crazy I suppose)

We were on the Grand in Feb 2018. That is the way Internet was set up. They were testing it on the Grand. No time date for removing the packages. They were hoping to roll it fleet width over the next 18 months.

We were on the Grand in Feb 2018. That is the way Internet was set up.

But there have been plenty of posts from people with bookings on the three ships offering unlimited plans (including Grand) that those plans were available for pre-purchase in their cruise personalizers.

???

Are they going to add unlimited plans to more ships? Would be very odd to do so in the middle of a seasonal deployment; those types of changes usually take effect after each respective ship's spring or fall repo cruise. My guess is that Princess is simply doing maintenance on that option. Their favorite time to pull things offline has always been right after close of business on Friday (just to drive the weekend CSOs crazy I suppose).

Exactly...we were considering purchasing. I guess we can wait until we get onboard and then we can use OBC to pay for it. We have free grats and premier bev pkg so we gotta spend it somehow [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

???

Until the reports that began appearing on Friday, everyone with a cruise booking has be able to purchase either the by-the-minute, or the unlimited tiers on the three ships offering them (Regal, Grand, Coral), through the cruise personalizer..

I think the current MIA ordering is more likely some goof, like the per-ordered water pricing, than a change in policy.

I certainly think mr. loops comment is far fetched.

Thank you everyone, I thought I was going crazy. I went to look into my upcoming cruise on the CB and there was nothing in the internet section......this is all I have

In-Cabin Calling To Shore

Item-6034 Form10 minutes

$49.50

0 12345678910

The internet package was missing from my cruise planner too. I was able to call Princess and book package through customer service. I was sent a confirming e-mail and the package is now showing up as pd on my cruise planner.

Gail

The internet package was missing from my cruise planner too. I was able to call Princess and book package through customer service. I was sent a confirming e-mail and the package is now showing up as pd on my cruise planner.

Gail

What ship are you on? When I called today they told me that Royal was changing to the new unlimited internet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I booked Caribbean Princess a week ago Thurs and paid for it in full a week ago Fri. In the week since booking, I've seen the internet packages listed, 3 of them I think. However, since Thurs or Fri, I've only seen the 49.95 local calls to shore mentioned by myfuzzy. Ive been in and out of Cruise Personalizer several times doing other things, but the Internet packages haven't returned. Guess I'll have to call them about it? Weird.

Well' date=' this thread got me curious--the internet packages have been removed from our Alaska cruises on the Golden.[/quote']It’s missing for our Golden cruise in September. The Golden should have the equipment for rolling out the higher speed daily plans and I hope that is why.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just looked in my personalizer for the Grand in Sept. I happened to have the unlimited internet access in my cart waiting for payment. When I clicked into the cart to pay it said "out of stock" ???:eek:

Just checked our August 25th departure on the Caribbean Princess. Internet package is gone. Oh well, can't contact the office for 7 days .

This could be simply because they are changing the description and/or terms & conditions and assigning a new item number to the plan. Same thing happened a couple years ago with the Soda and More--disappeared from everyone's carts or purchases just because of something deleted from the verbiage on future sales. Reappeared a few days later.

They’ve been gone for several weeks. I first noticed it on June 8th. When I called the agent said she wasn’t sure why! I was checking for our TA on the Regal in September. She said Elite would have unlimited for free but didn’t know why the other packages had disappeared. It must have just happened at that time.

So much for the claim here (by another poster) that the packages are only available on board....

This isn’t the daily package - still the by minute packages

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So much for the claim here (by another poster) that the packages are only available on board....

We are the onRoyal July 12. I tried to add my internet minutes and it was not availableon my cruise personalizer.

I called Princessand they did it manually.

The girl told met hey are working on updating the internet package to include unlimited internet $14.95 per/day one device or $24.99 for up to 4 devices. Since I have to work on the cruise I might consider it.