Is Global Entry being used at Port Miami now?

ajaxup

We will be disembarking in March at Port Miami from an Azamara Quest cruise and I was wondering if there will be a (hopefully) short Global Entry line at immigration. Anyone who has recently disembarked there know?

I can't remember the thread but I have read several reports of Global Entry at Port Miami. They said you have to know what to look for though because it isn't obvious and it's off to the side. So just look for the machines when you get there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I can't remember the thread but I have read several reports of Global Entry at Port Miami. They said you have to know what to look for though because it isn't obvious and it's off to the side. So just look for the machines when you get there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No, you can't "just look for the machines", because they aren't using them at ports. At Port Everglades (the ONLY port confirmed to be using GE) there is a separate line for GE, and you talk to an agent, but no machines. But the line is usually very short, and highly efficient, in our experience.

I showed my GE card to the CPB guy at Port Everglades last week...he said, "you can put that away, you don't need it." Then he took my passport to scan.

Mysterious.

As mentioned on many other threads, and matching our experience, you will likely be needing the GE card to get into the GE line, because the attendant can't tell from simply looking at your passport to tell you are eligible for the GE line. Once you get to the CPB person, correct, you don't need the GE card.

This is becoming true in a lot of locations, as security lines for "Known Travelers" become popular. Your GE card will be your "ticket" for entry into these locations. We carry our GE card clipped inside our passports.

We will be disembarking in March at Port Miami from an Azamara Quest cruise and I was wondering if there will be a (hopefully) short Global Entry line at immigration. Anyone who has recently disembarked there know?

Just disembarked at POM yesterday morning. Left the ship at 9.15. No queues at immigration and they just quickly looked at our passports and we were in a taxi within half an hour of disembarking.

As mentioned on many other threads, and matching our experience, you will likely be needing the GE card to get into the GE line, because the attendant can't tell from simply looking at your passport to tell you are eligible for the GE line. Once you get to the CPB person, correct, you don't need the GE card.

This is becoming true in a lot of locations, as security lines for "Known Travelers" become popular. Your GE card will be your "ticket" for entry into these locations. We carry our GE card clipped inside our passports.

Thanks. We carry our GE cards with our passports. Was it easy to find an attendant to show it to and direct you to the GE line?

Thanks. We carry our GE cards with our passports. Was it easy to find an attendant to show it to and direct you to the GE line?

Yes. In our recent experience (twice in 2017) there was someone literally guarding the entrance to the GE line. We quickly showed our cards, and zipped up to the head of the line.

• 2 weeks later...

We have Global Entry but no cards as cards are only issued to Americans. We do however have emails stating that we are Global Entry authorised. We show these to the guards at the entrance and we are allowed to access the Global Entry line.

• 4 weeks later...

No Global Entry at Port of Miami for Carnival. Signs up but no kiosks. Spoke to Customs who said " that is just for airports even though there is a clearly marked Global Entry signed exit. Needed to go through regular line. That was Terminal E

Edited by Elaine5715

No Global Entry at Port of Miami for Carnival. Signs up but no kiosks. Spoke to Customs who said " that is just for airports even though there is a clearly marked Global Entry signed exit. Needed to go through regular line. That was Terminal E

As stated up thread, there are no kiosks other that at airports.

As stated up thread, there are no kiosks other that at airports.

There was no expedited exit for Global Entry in Terminal E today at Port of Miami, no separate line, no nothing. Asked several terminal people who all said they don't use it here even though there are signs. I was sent into the regular American re-entry line so unless every terminal does it different, Global Entry provided no advantage today, no short lines, no nothing.

• 3 weeks later...
There was no expedited exit for Global Entry in Terminal E today at Port of Miami, no separate line, no nothing. Asked several terminal people who all said they don't use it here even though there are signs. I was sent into the regular American re-entry line so unless every terminal does it different, Global Entry provided no advantage today, no short lines, no nothing.

Same on March 18. Signs are on wall but no separate line.

Asked the CBP officer at the entry desk and she said she

Had no idea why the sign is on wall and no separate lines.

Said she just works there and doesn't make the rules.

Btw only three CBP officers working and the other 7 lines were closed on a Sunday morning,

I showed my GE card to the CPB guy at Port Everglades last week...he said, "you can put that away, you don't need it." Then he took my passport to scan.

Mysterious.

We had the same thing happen, this week in Port Everglades. The CBP officer at the desk just wanted to see our passports. However, the ship/port employee guarding the entrance to the line wanted to make sure that we had the cards with us (glad we brought them).

I got my GE in July when I got my SENTRI card and was told they don't issue GE cards any more it's just loaded on your passport. I used it at SFO in November, but haven't used it at a port. The kiosk at SFO was SWEET!!!! Off the plane from Hong Kong and on the street in less than 30 minutes.

I got my GE in July when I got my SENTRI card and was told they don't issue GE cards any more it's just loaded on your passport. I used it at SFO in November, but haven't used it at a port. The kiosk at SFO was SWEET!!!! Off the plane from Hong Kong and on the street in less than 30 minutes.

I just got my Global Entry card in Feb 2018.

• 1 month later...

We just went through Terminal G this morning after getting off Celebrity Equinox. We asked and were told that they are not using Global Entry, despite the signs.

Tom & Judy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

to use Global Entry at Port Everglades:

look for the signs

you will need to present your GE card to staff monitoring the line. to verify that you are indeed a GE card holder.

You will receive front of the line privileges for everyone that lives at the same address as the GE card holder.

You do not need to present GE card to customs agent. Have passport open to picture page, each individual holding their own passport.