Best place to eat in Tampa?

Megan_Strick

Try the Columbia it’s not to far from the Port right on the water. It’s located within the history museum. It’s awesome Latin Cuban food. You can get spicy or mild

Inside or outside dining on the river. There is also a water ferry that travels up and down the Hillsbourgh River with a spot there

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Columbia that's been mentioned is actually Columbia Cafe on Riverwalk, located in the Tampa Bay History Center ... it is a 'smaller' offshoot of the full Columbia restaurant in nearby Ybor City. The Cafe has a smaller menu seving just some of what is available in the full rest'. Both are good but review the menus as you may prefer the 'full monty' http://www.columbiarestaurant.com/Menus-By-Location

I've gotten into the main location on a Friday nite w/out a ressie but there was a wait ... res' is recommended

Cafe is much less busy IME

hints: Mojito or Sangria mixed tableside by the pitcher .... you can get full menu at the bar .... original 1905 salad full size is dinner for 2 ... Paella is great but takes a while ....

I consider Columbia for dinner when I can't get a reservation for Bern's which is consistently listed in the top steakhouses in the US. Fantastic steaks, possibly the largest wine list of any restaurant in the world, a completely sep' dining room for dessert (you can make reservations for desserts alone), you can visit the kitchen and the wine cellar (a true cellar ... altho this is just the 'ready service' supply as the wine collection fills BUILDINGS off site). You can eat fairly reasonably here considering that a steak dinner includes soup, salad, veggie and potato and you can get wine by the glass or a very reasonably priced bottle (ask for a recommendation). But if you want to go BIG ... you can go HUGE here! Example: 20 caviar on the menu .... and one of the few places you'll find steak tartare still on the menu ....

hints: they recommend getting one larger steak to share rather than individual steaks .... and this does not always mean everyone must have the steak prepared the same way .... curious? Yep, with a larger piece say shared by 4, if 2 want med-rare and 2 want medium they'll cook it that way - not cutting it!) They DO have other stuff than steaks but it IS a steakhouse.

https://bernssteakhouse.com/ reservations HIGHLY recommended.

when spending the day I'll get lunch at the C Cafe (a cuban sandwich hits the spot) and dinner at Bern's

Bern's is my all time favorite restaurant. It is a dining experience. My parents went there in the early 60's. It was a small restaurant. It was always my mom's favorite too.

The last time, probably 40 years ago, the waiters wore white dinner jackets, the tables had white table cloths. It was very upscale. I think it was one of the first places to order your steak by size.

Try the Columbia it’s not to far from the Port right on the water. It’s located within the history museum. It’s awesome Latin Cuban food. You can get spicy or mild

Inside or outside dining on the river. There is also a water ferry that travels up and down the Hillsbourgh River with a spot there

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is no such thing as spicy Cuban food. Columbia is a Cuban/Spanish restaurant. It has a mix of both cuisines.

I highly suggest Berns. It is a great restaurant, not a crazy price for what it gives you. Make sure to get dessert and do the tour.