Breeze in October. Room Location and Weather Questions.

garypolton

Hello Fellow Cruisers! Have a couple Questions...

I have cruised a few times on carnival before and know that room location is what makes a great vacation. This we be our first time on the Breeze and am very excited as this has a different layout than we are used to. Sailed Glory, Triumph, Splendor and Liberty.

1. I am looking for 2 balcony rooms next to each other. Would you pick cove balconies on floor 2 or Level 7 or 8 Vista AFT balconies if they are available if not regular balconies towards AFT?

-Noise wise and privacy. I see the Breeze has the wrap around deck on level 5 I believe and am wondering if the limits privacy on your balcony. Also I'm used to level 8 being noisy because of the pool above it but the Breeze has an added level and pool on level 10.

2. The weather in October on an Eastern Caribbean Cruise (Amber Cove, St.Thomas, San Juan and Grand Turk). I'm from Pennsylvania so looking for a warm cruise.

Thanks in advance! I get so addicted to CC when trying to research/plan a cruise... I love you all!

1- I just cruised on the Breeze in a balcony cabin on deck 8- loved it because it had cabins above and below... complete privacy from deck 5.

I also found it to be convenient to most places- walk up a couple flights of stairs and you're on Lido. Walk down a couple, the shops, the theater, a couple more, the MDR.

I've never done a cove or aft balcony so I won't judge- they just don't appeal to me.

2- Weather- October should still be very warm in the areas you're travelling to.

Weather should be nice and warm....although please note you will sailing towards the end of Hurricane season so there may be some unsettled weather.

We sailed on the Breeze and loved the ship. We had a Lido balcony cabin ...which was very convenient to the Pool deck and pool bars ...Great location.

I have read some posts that people who booked 6th and 7th FL balcony cabins have heard noise if they overlook or are near the 2 hot tubs on either side of ship on the Promenade deck. I think you would have to be a early to bed type person for this to have any impact on you.

Alot of people love the cove balconys...They are close to the water and protected. Only drawback....some large "hikes" to other sections of ship...but they are very handy on Port days as you don't need to deal with the elevators and stairs when coming back from the islands you visit.

Great ship...You will have a blast

1- I just cruised on the Breeze in a balcony cabin on deck 8- loved it because it had cabins above and below... complete privacy from deck 5.

I also found it to be convenient to most places- walk up a couple flights of stairs and you're on Lido. Walk down a couple, the shops, the theater, a couple more, the MDR.

I've never done a cove or aft balcony so I won't judge- they just don't appeal to me.

2- Weather- October should still be very warm in the areas you're travelling to.

Thank you so much! Which room were you in? Mid ship or towards the back?

Weather should be nice and warm....although please note you will sailing towards the end of Hurricane season so there may be some unsettled weather.

We sailed on the Breeze and loved the ship. We had a Lido balcony cabin ...which was very convenient to the Pool deck and pool bars ...Great location.

I have read some posts that people who booked 6th and 7th FL balcony cabins have heard noise if they overlook or are near the 2 hot tubs on either side of ship on the Promenade deck. I think you would have to be a early to bed type person for this to have any impact on you.

Alot of people love the cove balconys...They are close to the water and protected. Only drawback....some large "hikes" to other sections of ship...but they are very handy on Port days as you don't need to deal with the elevators and stairs when coming back from the islands you visit.

Great ship...You will have a blast

Thank you so much for your response. I appreciate it

Thank you so much! Which room were you in? Mid ship or towards the back?

On the Breeze we were forward, room 8217, 5 cabins down from the bridge!

On the Magic we were also forward, room 12007.

We just booked 2 forward cabins on Lido deck on Vista... hmmm I'm starting to notice a pattern!

We sailed the Breeze in October 2016 and had great weather, in fact we sailed during a hurricane but never once did we see the effects of it. Carnival did amazing when it came to steering clear of it. We had beautiful sunshine and awesome warm temps the entire cruise.

As for cabin location, we had a balcony on deck 8, "mid-ship" but more towards the aft. It was great, perfect location for being close to everything when needed. We had rooms above and below so no noise at all.

Enjoy your cruise!

We've used the gnome to book cruises on a couple of occasions, as they were offering onboard credit that Carnival was not. My preference, though, is to book directly through Carnival so I have complete control over my booking. For example, when booking through the gnome, I did not see my onboard credit until after I had boarded the ship. That was unsettling to me because if they neglected to give it to me, I would be out in the middle of the ocean unable to get hold of them without paying for the call. When I have onboard credit through Carnival, I can see it on my booking on Carnival's website. If you book through a travel agency, Carnival will not talk to you about changing anything on your booking - you have to go through the agency. Carnival will only answer very generic type questions. Also, when I have looked at agency ads showing low rates on Carnival, they really aren't any lower. You have to be sure you are looking at rates for the specific category of cabin you are wanting to book.

We sailed the Breeze in October 2016 and had great weather, in fact we sailed during a hurricane but never once did we see the effects of it. Carnival did amazing when it came to steering clear of it. We had beautiful sunshine and awesome warm temps the entire cruise.

As for cabin location, we had a balcony on deck 8, "mid-ship" but more towards the aft. It was great, perfect location for being close to everything when needed. We had rooms above and below so no noise at all.

Enjoy your cruise!

Great! that makes me feel calmer. Do you know if carnival does anything for a Halloween cruise? I'm assuming less kids sail during that time also...

We've used the gnome to book cruises on a couple of occasions, as they were offering onboard credit that Carnival was not. My preference, though, is to book directly through Carnival so I have complete control over my booking. For example, when booking through the gnome, I did not see my onboard credit until after I had boarded the ship. That was unsettling to me because if they neglected to give it to me, I would be out in the middle of the ocean unable to get hold of them without paying for the call. When I have onboard credit through Carnival, I can see it on my booking on Carnival's website. If you book through a travel agency, Carnival will not talk to you about changing anything on your booking - you have to go through the agency. Carnival will only answer very generic type questions. Also, when I have looked at agency ads showing low rates on Carnival, they really aren't any lower. You have to be sure you are looking at rates for the specific category of cabin you are wanting to book.

Thanks for the response. I'm sticking to carnival's website so I can stalk things like FTTF lol

Great! that makes me feel calmer. Do you know if carnival does anything for a Halloween cruise? I'm assuming less kids sail during that time also...

We have not sailed during Halloween but this link may answer your questions: https://www.carnival.com/awaywego/cruising-fun/what-to-expect/what-to-expect-during-a-halloween-cruise-with-carnival.

You would be surprised at how many kids actually sail during the US school year. We always sail during the school year, pulling our kids as do quite a few others but not near as many as you would probably see in the summer months or spring break. :-)

I think you will find this time of the year to be enjoyable. We have sailed in January and did not care for it. January was the month of illness, so many things going around, lots of germs to be shared on a ship. We sailed twice during January, our second sailing 2 out of the 4 in our family contracted influenza B at some point during the week, which is bound to happen with that many people sailing for a week with one another. So the third time around we decided to try October. It was cheaper in cost bc of hurricane season but I had always been told that cruiselines try hard to avoid hurricanes if and when they are brewing and sure enough, our sail date was smack dab during a hurricane but never once did we feel the effects of it. Yes, our ports were changed around but we still hit each port, just on different days The weather was much warmer in October than in January, the pools on deck and beaches in port were much more enjoyable temperature wise in our opinion during October, and I think there was a lot less illnesses floating around in October.

I would not be concerned at all sailing during the month of October. Enjoy!

We have not sailed during Halloween but this link may answer your questions: https://www.carnival.com/awaywego/cruising-fun/what-to-expect/what-to-expect-during-a-halloween-cruise-with-carnival.

You would be surprised at how many kids actually sail during the US school year. We always sail during the school year, pulling our kids as do quite a few others but not near as many as you would probably see in the summer months or spring break. :-)

I think you will find this time of the year to be enjoyable. We have sailed in January and did not care for it. January was the month of illness, so many things going around, lots of germs to be shared on a ship. We sailed twice during January, our second sailing 2 out of the 4 in our family contracted influenza B at some point during the week, which is bound to happen with that many people sailing for a week with one another. So the third time around we decided to try October. It was cheaper in cost bc of hurricane season but I had always been told that cruiselines try hard to avoid hurricanes if and when they are brewing and sure enough, our sail date was smack dab during a hurricane but never once did we feel the effects of it. Yes, our ports were changed around but we still hit each port, just on different days The weather was much warmer in October than in January, the pools on deck and beaches in port were much more enjoyable temperature wise in our opinion during October, and I think there was a lot less illnesses floating around in October.

I would not be concerned at all sailing during the month of October. Enjoy!

It’s people like you that make C.C. the go to source for advice. I can’t thank you enough

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are fans of the Cove balconies. So close to the water - great ocean sounds - seeing flying fish and porpoises at times.

However, look closely at the deck plans. You DO NOT want a cabin under the Galley. Very noisy at night.:(

Thanks. I think I am going to end up getting a balcony AFT on deck 7 or 8. The only covers that are available on my cruise are right under the galley :-(

Also has anyone booked anywhere else than on Carnivals website? I'm seeing cheaper prices elsewhere but I feel safer booking on Carnivals site...

We booked our last cruise on Costco Travel's website. We were in a deck 7, midship balcony on the Breeze and they gave us $100 onboard credit and after we got back they mailed us a $95 Costco gift card.

Also has anyone booked anywhere else than on Carnivals website? I'm seeing cheaper prices elsewhere but I feel safer booking on Carnivals site...

We have booked using a travel agent and through Carnival direct. The nice perk to booking through Carnival is that you have control of your booking. If you book through the Early Saver program, you can call in daily, weekly, etc and check on price drops and if the price happens to be cheaper than when you booked, you get the new rate along with on board credit or whatever Carnival is offering at that time you call in. If you book with an agent, you have to get your agent to call in and get the price drop as you do not have control over your reservation until it has been paid in full.

The perk to booking with an agent is they may (or may not) offer an additional on board credit to you for using them to book your cruise. We have only been offered $25 to book with an agent, hence why we now book on our own through Carnival. I like to have that control over my booking so I can call and get a price drop asap if and when it happens. But I think this is a personal preference, some people prefer to let an agent handle it.

We have booked using a travel agent and through Carnival direct. The nice perk to booking through Carnival is that you have control of your booking. If you book through the Early Saver program, you can call in daily, weekly, etc and check on price drops and if the price happens to be cheaper than when you booked, you get the new rate along with on board credit or whatever Carnival is offering at that time you call in. If you book with an agent, you have to get your agent to call in and get the price drop as you do not have control over your reservation until it has been paid in full.

The perk to booking with an agent is they may (or may not) offer an additional on board credit to you for using them to book your cruise. We have only been offered $25 to book with an agent, hence why we now book on our own through Carnival. I like to have that control over my booking so I can call and get a price drop asap if and when it happens. But I think this is a personal preference, some people prefer to let an agent handle it.

Thanks so much. Doesn't sound like its worth it booking with a travel agent...

That’s what I assumed last year too and there were a TON of young kids on our Anthem Halloween sailing. This year we’re doing the Breeze the week before Halloween to see if it’s any better.

Thanks. I think I am going to end up getting a balcony AFT on deck 7 or 8. The only covers that are available on my cruise are right under the galley :-(

If you can get an Aft Extended Balcony, you will really like that, but a regular balcony on the aft part of the ship is nice too!

We are going in October 2018 on the freedom in Early October. We went last year on October 2 on the valor and the weather was wonderful. First day it drizzled off and on all day from Galveston. By the next day the weather was perfect, warm and clear. When we got to Cozumel it was hot and steamy and same for progreso. I loved it so much that I booked another cruise for my birthday and seven day instead of five. We had aft ocean view on second floor last year and it was super convenient. The ship was small and it was a straight ride up to pizza on lido. Also it didn’t take any time to walk from aft forward. Of course that was the valor and it is smaller. We are booked for the freedom and have extended aft balcony that I am looking forward to. It’s on the 8th floor. I am so excited to be one floor away from pizza and aft pools. Away from the vigorous activity of the lido deck parties as this is a relaxing cruise. We always book direct ourselves through carnival. No reason other than convenience. Have used agency before but I don’t have to. We are sailing breeze in August in a 4J which is inside cabin at very forward of the ship right off the secret decks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums