Just off the Caribbean Princess

day440

Just got off the Caribbean Princess yesterday and here are the low and high points:

Low points:

• Rough seas the first two days, so moving around was a challenge. This is not Princess' fault. Just thought I'd throw that in.
  • Most of the time, the public toilets were "under maintenance", so you had to go back to your room to use the restroom. They also smelled pretty bad the whole trip. I'm not sure if this was a result of the rough seas or not.
  • The crew wasn't nearly as friendly as our last Princess cruise. They often seemed annoyed to be there. Maybe the rough seas were getting to them. I can't imagine it was easy to do their jobs with the ship swaying so badly.
  • Lots of solicitations for the wine tasting, beverage packages and/or private restaurants during breakfast in the buffets. Once would have been okay but several crew members would come over during one meal, so your conversation was interrupted three or four times.
  • The ship definitely needs updating. Rusted areas, stains on walls and carpets. Just worn looking all the way around. I understand it is due to go to dry dock this month.
  • I think we had a new room steward. I had to repeatedly ask for things (towels, water, etc).
  • This didn't affect us but a pipe burst on the deck 15 and flooded at least one cabin on deck 14.
  • The only downfall in the dining room was that we often did not get our coffee until after we were finished with dessert. We like to have our coffee with our dessert. Not a huge issue, just annoying.

High Points:

• The food in the dining room was great, as was our head waiter Artur.
  • The weather in the ports was awesome (Roatan, Belize and Cozumel)
  • Had a great time even with all of the "low points".
  • Our beds were comfortable. Our sons were in pullman beds, which were not as comfortable but they had not trouble sleeping.
  • We were on a cruise and not at work!! :)

Overall, the cruise was great. Most of the passengers were friendly and not pushy. We enjoyed the trivia challenge and we watched the bingo games. We went to the Movies under the Stars most nights. Only made it to the theater for the comedian towards the end but what we heard was funny. We went to the variety show one night. It was just fair. Even with all the low points, it was well worth the trip! Can't wait for our next cruise!!

Just off also. We were never approached to sign up for anything. Thought all crew was friendly.

Yes...rough seas first few days...we kinda liked it!

Our beds were also great as our steward.

Food good enough

Had two different comedian shows and both were great. One production show on last night which was brand new. Loved it.

Had no cold water first full day so could not take shower. Fixed after 8 hours or so. Others had longer to wait.

There was restroom maintenance by the pool but there was still two stalls available if used handicap.

I think some of the crew were at the end of their service contract so maybe why not so happy anymore!

Yes....weather could not have been better!!

We loved the ship...first time....so easy to get everywhere!

She needs her dry dock very bad!!!

Just got off the Caribbean Princess yesterday and here are the low and high points:

Low points:

• Rough seas the first two days, so moving around was a challenge. This is not Princess' fault. Just thought I'd throw that in.
  • Most of the time, the public toilets were "under maintenance", so you had to go back to your room to use the restroom. They also smelled pretty bad the whole trip. I'm not sure if this was a result of the rough seas or not.
  • The crew wasn't nearly as friendly as our last Princess cruise. They often seemed annoyed to be there. Maybe the rough seas were getting to them. I can't imagine it was easy to do their jobs with the ship swaying so badly.
  • Lots of solicitations for the wine tasting, beverage packages and/or private restaurants during breakfast in the buffets. Once would have been okay but several crew members would come over during one meal, so your conversation was interrupted three or four times.
  • The ship definitely needs updating. Rusted areas, stains on walls and carpets. Just worn looking all the way around. I understand it is due to go to dry dock this month.
  • I think we had a new room steward. I had to repeatedly ask for things (towels, water, etc).
  • This didn't affect us but a pipe burst on the deck 15 and flooded at least one cabin on deck 14.
  • The only downfall in the dining room was that we often did not get our coffee until after we were finished with dessert. We like to have our coffee with our dessert. Not a huge issue, just annoying.

High Points:

• The food in the dining room was great, as was our head waiter Artur.
  • The weather in the ports was awesome (Roatan, Belize and Cozumel)
  • Had a great time even with all of the "low points".
  • Our beds were comfortable. Our sons were in pullman beds, which were not as comfortable but they had not trouble sleeping.
  • We were on a cruise and not at work!! :)

Overall, the cruise was great. Most of the passengers were friendly and not pushy. We enjoyed the trivia challenge and we watched the bingo games. We went to the Movies under the Stars most nights. Only made it to the theater for the comedian towards the end but what we heard was funny. We went to the variety show one night. It was just fair. Even with all the low points, it was well worth the trip! Can't wait for our next cruise!!

Was also on this cruise - will probably post a full review later. Just wanted to comment that I thought it was odd not to get an announcement from the captain (unless I missed it) about the rough seas on day 2 - they were worse than the first night and after a calm day came as a surprise around 3pm. He did warn us about the first night.

Low points:

Do you know what cabin or approximate location?. We were in R736 for the week ending March 5 and there was a glass placed on the top shelf in the Bathroom to catch a drip from above. The steward had to empty it several times a day or it would spill over and wet everything around the vanity. He said he couldn't get it repaired. I wonder if it finally let go

Thanks for taking the time for your report.:)

Happy the good was better than the bad.

We were on CB for 22 days this January and were extremely happy overall.

Public bathroom issues were a problem which hopefully will be addressed in the upcoming dry dock.

Also just off. We had $22 and change per person in Port fees credited to each of our accounts. Does anyone know why?

If you did not skip any ports, then there was a lowering of actual fees paid by Princess and thus you got your share of that reduction back.

When we were on the CB in Feb they stopped handing out tissues to some people due to the fact that they were flushing them & clogging the plumbing.
phttp://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=50932017&postcount=18

Our steward told us the Kleenex box was no longer being placed in the bathroom and now located on the desk due to pple flushing them down the toilet.

Our steward told us the Kleenex box was no longer being placed in the bathroom and now located on the desk due to pple flushing them down the toilet.

Oh that what he said. I guess I misunderstood him.

Not having it so close by to the toiled eliminates the temptation I suppose.

• 2 weeks later...

Glad I read that! We are on the T/A April and I use the Kleenex to remove eye make up...More stuff to pack!! We are in R 746....back portside with the extended balcony. We had that cabin before...great cabin...But next trip on the CP there were two older ladies in that cabin and I said..."oh, great cabin, right?" The said it would have been if the toilet didn't back up and a leak! Well....hope that is corrected!!