Cayman port time change

shipper50

Port Authority of the Cayman Islands,

Is a site someone posted about the ships who will dock in Feb. at Grand Cayman. On my docs it says the Paradise is to dock at 8am on 2-14. But this site shows us docking at 7am. Not a big deal as I have a tour booked for 9:30. Which one should I go by?

Port Authority of the Cayman Islands,

Is a site someone posted about the ships who will dock in Feb. at Grand Cayman. On my docs it says the Paradise is to dock at 8am on 2-14. But this site shows us docking at 7am. Not a big deal as I have a tour booked for 9:30. Which one should I go by?

Is there a time zone difference between your docs and the website?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The ship will not change time zones. Whatever time zone is the embarkation zone, it will stay that way throughout the cruise. There is a difference between ship time and some port times. The cruise line will tell you that you go by ship time. What this means is that according to the cruise line, you will dock at 8 AM. When you walk off the ship, it will be 7 AM on the island. Keep in mind that you won't be able to use your phone for a watch because a lot of them change automatically. Just make sure that if the ship is scheduled to leave at say 4:00 PM, you are off the island before 2:30 PM on island time.

I just checked and Cayman Islands is EST so there won't be a time difference. It's possible that the ship depending on when you leave may be on Daylight Savings Time and the island isn't. As another poster mentioned, just look at the Fun Times to see what time you actually dock.

Edited by RWolver672