Current onboard booking offer

srdancer

Am on Reflection now. I did check out the Future Cruises offer for February. Current offer includes two perks for OceanView to AquaClass for cruises through April 2019 PLUS onboard credit (up to $300). Suites comes with four perks and up to $500 onboard credit.

For cruises departing May 2019 through April 2020, the onboard offer is 1 perk for OceanView through Veranda, 2 perks for Concierge & AquaClass, and 4 perks for suites PLUS onboard credit (up to $500). Refundable deposits of $100 pp are required.

This offer expires February 28, 2018.

Might be missing something here but isn't that really close to or exactly the same we can get now through an online TA?? Why book onboard?

The second perk for cruises in late 2019 - April 2020 AND extra onboard credit are bonuses. You can make the reservation with Celebrity and then transfer it to a travel agent who gives you extra "stuff". Good deal IMHO.

• 3 weeks later...

Booked onboard on March 5

Same deal as Feb.

We booked Concierge to get larger cabin (Summit)

2 perks, $250 obc, 100 ref deposit.

Because of 2nd perk (gratuities - worth over $400) and a little more obc from our TA, was only about $100 more pp to get concierge. This is for 14 day cruise so seemed worth it to have more room.

The second perk for cruises in late 2019 - April 2020 AND extra onboard credit are bonuses. You can make the reservation with Celebrity and then transfer it to a travel agent who gives you extra "stuff". Good deal IMHO.

I am confused too.

Right now I can book for the fall of 2019 and get one perk and SBC from my travel agent.

If I book on board next week....I will get one perk and a small Sbc. Then I transfer it to my agent for more sbc....but can she give me an extra perk as a bonus ?

Thank you

I am confused too.

Right now I can book for the fall of 2019 and get one perk and SBC from my travel agent.

If I book on board next week....I will get one perk and a small Sbc. Then I transfer it to my agent for more sbc....but can she give me an extra perk as a bonus ?

Thank you

Onboard booking is usually whatever the current special that Celebrity runs, plus an OBC incentive to book onboard. If you transfer the reservation to a TA within 60days you should retain whatever Celebrity offered, plus receive whatever your TA gives you as an incentive. This can sometimes be an additional perk or addition OBC or if you're lucky both. It's up to you to negotiate the additional perks with your TA.

One other note, the deposit is considerably less than if you book with a TA. You can easily transfer the booking to a TA within the 60 day window. If you are currently booked with a TA, Celebrity should automatically transfer the booking to them unless otherwise notified.

snow bunny

FYI Just make sure you ask the details, we had the same offer on our Feb 18th sailing, but I was told that the

"Exclusive onboard offer - Receive up to $500 onboard credit*" was only available if you book a cruise with a non-refundable deposit

When I got home I looked on two of the larger cruise sales sites, and was actually $200 less pp and could get more OBC if I cancelled and booked with them for the same 10 day Caribbean voyage in Jan 2020

One other note, the deposit is considerably less than if you book with a TA. You can easily transfer the booking to a TA within the 60 day window. If you are currently booked with a TA, Celebrity should automatically transfer the booking to them unless otherwise notified.

snow bunny

Just to be clear, when you book on board, the default is to transfer your reservation to the TA that you used to book your then current cruise or to make no transfer if you had booked the current cruise directly with Celebrity. If you do not wish to have it transferred to that TA (perhaps to shop around before transferring it) you need to request them to not have it transferred.

Does anyone know if there are always different on board offers dependant on country of residence?

On the flyer in the link posted by Govanguy I notice the small print states that the Early Booking Offer is only available to residents of the U.S. Seems a bit mean to me.

I remember when I visited the Future Cruise office, they would not quote me any prices until I gave all my detail and they could see me on their computer. Possibly this is why. Different offers, or prices.

I will be having serious reservations about booking on board in future.

We booked our upcoming June cruise on the Summit whilst on the Equinox last year.

We got all the perks available, including drinks package, OBC plus the additional OBC for booking onboard, along with the gratuities included. We also benefited from the low deposit.

Coming upto final payment I made the fatal mistake of checking current prices. I discovered that if I wanted to book the stateroom next to the one we had booked, the price was considerably cheaper.

I informed my TA to see what he could do. being from the UK our TC's are different form those enjoyed in the US.

Turns out if we cancel and rebook, despite losing our original deposit and the additional OBC we are still saving around $600.

Guess what we did..........;);););););)

• 2 weeks later...

If you book onboard can you take the bonus OBC for the cruise you currently are on, or can you only use it for a future cruise? For example, we will be sailing Concierge Class in April. If we book a cruise say 10 day Caribbean for late 2018 or early 2019 in the same class, could we use the perk OBC of booking onboard (i think in this case $150usd) on the cruise in April rather than keep it and use it for the one booked late 2018/early 2019?

I've been looking and can't seem to find the answer to this question.

Usually, the only difference is the additional on board credit offered by Celebrity.

My online TA kicks in their own OBC on top of the one Celebrity offers. I have never had to book directly with Celebrity to get their OBC. So for me, there is no real advantage of booking while on board...we always wait until later.

Christina

Georgia_Peaches - The OBC that cruzzzinma is speaking of is an OBC that you can only get if booking onboard. It's in addition to whatever Celebrity is offering at the time, and also in addition to what a TA offers. The OBC is based on what type of stateroom you book and the length of the cruise. If we have a cruise we are interested in taking within 2 years of when we are onboard another cruise, we always book onboard to receive the extra OBC. Usually around $200-$300 in addition to the current perks offered by Celebrity and our TA.

For our upcoming cruise this May, we have $700 OBC to use. However, because we had not earlier planned on taking the upcoming cruise, we did not book this cruise while onboard. Had we done so, we would have had an extra $300 OBC on top of the $700 OBC. :eek:

BTW - This week, I received the following email from my online TA about Celebrity's latest Promotion...TRIPLE PLAY - Get all 3 (perks). See below:

We have just been informed by Celebrity that the SAVINGS RATES that are part of this promotion will be going away in April and cruise pricing will be INCREASING. Act NOW and book your cruise before these rates go up!

My online TA kicks in their own OBC on top of the one Celebrity offers. I have never had to book directly with Celebrity to get their OBC. So for me, there is no real advantage of booking while on board...we always wait until later.

Christina

You don’t understand how it works. If you book on board, you get an additional obj for booking on board added to whatever your ta or celebritynormally gives you. You are just leaving money on the table by not booking on board.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You don’t understand how it works. If you book on board, you get an additional obj for booking on board added to whatever your ta or celebritynormally gives you. You are just leaving money on the table by not booking on board.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That doesn't take account of the price drop on a particular cruise