I hated the warm chocolate melting cake!

crusinpsychRN

I just got off the Inspiration and I know this will shock just about everyone. I thought the warm chocolate melting cake was HORRIBLE! Like drinking unsweet hershey's straight from the bottle. I can't believe so many people love it! So far I've never heard a bad word about it, but there you go! YUCK! My son had it every night!

While I didn't hate it, I only ever had it once on any cruise and on the last cruise didn't have it at all. Now the creme brulee, that I wish was on the menu every night instread of the warm chocolate melting cake.

I practically had an out-of-body experience the first time I had the warm chocolate melting cake. It was easily the best dessert I'd ever had.

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it. Maybe it wasn't cooked right? I've heard that happens occasionally...:confused:

I just got off the Inspiration and I know this will shock just about everyone. I thought the warm chocolate melting cake was HORRIBLE! Like drinking unsweet hershey's straight from the bottle. I can't believe so many people love it! So far I've never heard a bad word about it, but there you go! YUCK! My son had it every night!

Honestly, I didn't love it either. I love chocolate but it was just so rich that I could only manage a couple of bites. I loved the creme brulee and the baked alaska though!

DH and I took our first cruise in April and we ordered the melting cake several times. I don't it came out the same twice. Some nights it was like hot hershey's syrup, which was disgusting, some nights it was like fudge, which was AWESOME.

In short, it was hit or miss.

OP you are not alone.

I can't get past the fact that the name of the dessert includes the word "cake".

I have yet to find any cake inside that little dish.

Change the name to hot chocolate pudding. It would be more fitting.

I see rave reviews about this dish but it's not for me and I am the biggest chocolate lover on the planet!

I keep hearing it may not be cooked right. But what is the right way? I have never seen it. :o

I tried it the second night of our cruise in June and it was completely liquid with about 1/4 inch of 'cake' on top and was so rich I couldn't eat more than 1 bite. Dh had it several nights and liked it. Now the creme brulee, that should be on the menu every night!

That is what we experienced on the Sensation last February. So, for that cruise we didn't like it. However, our Inspiration cruise October '07 it was prepared to perfection! :) :) :)

Hubby liked last year, I was not crazy about it, is good , not delicious for me, we all have different taste buds, is very popular that I know, our friends last year in the Imagination order it almost every night. lol anyways I will try it again this year lol. I read a member here that he orders fruit to go with the melting cake it sounded yummy.

I have read that sometimes is not cooked well, so maybe this time I get lucky lol.

How was the cruise??lol did you have a good time??

You described almost verbatium to what I told folks at home. I thought it was horrible. blink.gif I even tried it again, thinking it hadn't been cooked right and it was the same thing the second time. I'm glad to hear it wasn't just me. See my quote from my Valor review below.

Carnival, please hurry and improve your desserts . . . they are tasteless. The Java Café desserts were a lifesaver, although you had to pay for them. During lunch on the Lido deck, they did serve Key Lime pie which was actually very good. Key lime is one of my favorite desserts. The melting chocolate cake . . . words cannot describe. I thought it was awful as did others in my group. I felt like someone took Hershey’s syrup and poured it into a dish and just heated in the microwave and then let it cool to get a slightly thick consistency. It definitely was not the dessert for me.

I too didn't like it, thought it was too sweet, but then again, I'm not a dessert person. I've heard alot of positives about this and had to try it. The more I ate, the richer it got and I couldn't finish it. DH tried it and he loves his desserts and it wasn't a favorite of his.

While I didn't hate it, I only ever had it once on any cruise and on the last cruise didn't have it at all. Now the creme brulee, that I wish was on the menu every night instread of the warm chocolate melting cake.

Mona,

I am also a lover of Creme Brulee and on The Valor 2 years back I had it every night.

Not sure it was actually on the menu every night but each night after dinner the steward knew I loved it so always asked me "Creme Brulee and a cappucino tonight?'

He nevere got a NO out of me the whole week and I had my Creme Brulee :)

Next cruise just ask...It can't Hoit *LOL*

Back on Topic.. I love the Melting Cake, but liek a few said if it isn't done just right, it ruins it.

But when it is done right .....Man OH Man *LOL* :) :) :)

OP you are not alone.

I can't get past the fact that the name of the dessert includes the word "cake".

I have yet to find any cake inside that little dish.

Change the name to hot chocolate pudding. It would be more fitting.

I see rave reviews about this dish but it's not for me and I am the biggest chocolate lover on the planet!

I keep hearing it may not be cooked right. But what is the right way? I have never seen it. :o

Lol I agree Ron, there is no cake on it (at least on mine last year lol)

is more like a pudding texture , but i do read here often that sometimes in under or over cooked, lol

I am also a chocolate lover myself, but to me was not special lol, anyways I rather be in a cruise eating WCC them home lol, I think a lot of us agree on that one lol

Mona,

I am also a lover of Creme Brulee and on The Valor 2 years back I had it every night.

Not sure it was actually on the menu every night but each night after dinner the steward knew I loved it so always asked me "Creme Brulee and a cappucino tonight?'

He nevere got a NO out of me the whole week and I had my Creme Brulee :)

Next cruise just ask...It can't Hoit *LOL*

Back on Topic.. I love the Melting Cake, but liek a few said if it isn't done just right, it ruins it.

But when it is done right .....Man OH Man *LOL* :) :) :)

Creme Brulee y:) ummyyyyy:)

I will join you in forgoing the melting cake and ordering the

creme brulee:p .

I had the melting cake once and didn't care for it..My dh has had it many times and as someone said, it comes out different most of the time..

Archived