Private Tour Saint Paul de Vence

Punam

What's appropriate when it's time to have lunch? There are going to be just two of us + the guide. I can't imagine asking him to wait while we have a leisurely meal at an expensive restaurant... but yikes, paying for another person when lunch is a fortune isn't something we'd thought about. I'd like the guide to feel comfortable, but 3 people doesn't seem very romantic.

What's appropriate when it's time to have lunch? There are going to be just two of us + the guide. I can't imagine asking him to wait while we have a leisurely meal at an expensive restaurant... but yikes, paying for another person when lunch is a fortune isn't something we'd thought about. I'd like the guide to feel comfortable, but 3 people doesn't seem very romantic.

London Towner raises an interesting point. Are you reserving a restaurant on your own for your romantic lunch (for example, La Colombe d'Or) or are you planning to ask your guide to take you to one? If the first, the guide will provide for him/herself (just tell them your plans when you first set out on your tour). If the second, the guide will be comped by the restaurant. In either case, the guides are well compensated professionals who can buy their own lunch and will appreciate the free time in the middle of the day. In my experience, most guides prefer to have you eat on your own so they can get a break from making conversation and work.

London Towner raises an interesting point. Are you reserving a restaurant on your own for your romantic lunch (for example, La Colombe d'Or) or are you planning to ask your guide to take you to one? If the first, the guide will provide for him/herself (just tell them your plans when you first set out on your tour). If the second, the guide will be comped by the restaurant. In either case, the guides are well compensated professionals who can buy their own lunch and will appreciate the free time in the middle of the day. In my experience, most guides prefer to have you eat on your own so they can get a break from making conversation and work.

Yes, I agree.

Sent from my iPad using Forums