Silver Spirit Spring Crossing April 3-April 16th (Ft. Lauderdale to Lisbon)

WesW

We're relaxing now in the Atlanta airport enjoying a lite breakfast. Just about ninety minutes in the air and we'll arrive in Ft Lauderdale by 10:30 a.m. Plan to take a taxi to Port Everglades where the Spirit will be docked. Hope to board just before noon, then enjoy a leisurely lunch in La Terraza while our suite preparations are completed We look very forward to meeting many of our Cruise Critic Spring crossing roll call members and cruising again with many of the fabulous Spirit Crew. Please remember to pen-in our Cruise Critic/Silversea meet & greet, scheduled for 11:30 Thursday, April 4th in the Panorama lounge.

Sitting in the admiral's club at DFW. We were supposed to fly to Ft. Lauderdale yesterday, but due to severe storms and heavy rain, we only made it to Dallas. So I had to scramble to find a hotel. Did not sleep well at all as I knew we would have to get up really early this am. Plus the rain was very loud.

Our flight this am seems to be on time so far. We will have to make a stop at walgreen's on the way to the port as George forgot one of his prescriptions. Luckily, his wife is a doctor! Haha.

We are supposed to land about 11:30. I certainly hope our luggage makes it as we haven't seen it since yesterday afternoon. I do have a carryon with a few necessities like makeup.

See everyone soon!

I just happened to click on the Port Everglades webcam page earlier to see which ships are in port, and there was the beautiful Spirit.

Wes, as usual, I really look forward to reading any onboard reports you're able to send.

Wishing you and Ida a fabulous crossing. I'm not the slightest bit envious :D;)

Rachel - sorry to hear about your flight. The good news is that once on the ship the stress is gone! Hope your luggage is on the plane with you.

Wes and Ida - Have a great cruise.

I look forward to reading about your TA cruise, maybe next year for us.

We leave on Mariner in three weeks and reading this will get more excited.

Bon Voyage

I hope you all have a wonderful cruise and enjoy every moment.

Ifa you have a chance, can you ask if they know who is expected to be on board in mid-December--i.e., Captain, HD etc. Not sure if they know the schedule this far in advance but just curious.

Looking forward to your updates!

Hi everyone,

Nancygp/Nancy, Silver, Ravenscroft, Ms Understood/Helen, Herman, wripro/Henry, Harbormaster/John & Kathy, Keith1010/Keith & Anne Marie; thank you so much for your bon voyage well wishes. Herman, will ck on crew leadership for December. John/Kathy kudos on your SS Alaska booking.

We are now on board the Spirit. Already met Paolo (Hot Director) and confirmed our meet & greet for tomorrow at 11:15 in Panorama lounge with mimosa's :)

We met David just prior to boarding at Port Everglades and had lunch with David, Bsrkent (Barb & Steve). Also, ran into RachelG (Rachel & George in La Terraza) hugs all around. Reservations easily made, our Captain's gala is Apr 5th vs tomorrow nite meaning we will try Le Champagne. We are having hot rocks on Saturday (docked in Hamilton) David will arrange for Lobster for us so we can grill that along with our meat course. We have our mandatory muster drill at 4pm. Unpacking now (really Ida is as I peck away) along with champagne. David graciously gifted us his DOM from AMX thanks David. Enjoy the pix of us at La Terraza at lunch. Ida and I are having dinner in LT tonight. After Muster time for the evening work out then before dinner drinks in the Panorama Lounge. Life is good...no very, very good.

ss1004_zps2347fed6.jpg

Glad to hear you and Ida and George and Rachel made it safe and sound onboard.

Looking forward to following along.

Agreed on the persistently youthful appearance of Ida. Does not age!

Happy Trails and a gentle crossing to Wes and his lovely lady, Ida. Also to Rachel and I do believe that the seated David is the David from " Sweet Home Alabama". Sorry we aren't on this TA maybe next year after our maiden B2B voyage in Jan.2014.

Pat and Ray

really appreciate the small touches on board...personal handwritten note from Hotel Director, Paolo, welcoming us back on board. Muster drill most comprehensive in the last two years..bravo Silversea.

best meal at 150 days at sea, at La Terraza tonight, some pix;

Ida with our magnificent waiter, Marcello:

004-4_zpsd65f20a7.jpg

La Terrezza mixed antipasti:

001-8_zpsb5068809.jpg

Our wonderful La Terreza Sommelier Darwin decanting a delicious Alligrini Amarone for our main course

002-5_zpsd1a103d1.jpg

Main course:

007-1_zpsd9fadbc9.jpg

Desert, don't even ask:

008-1_zps9a79d448.jpg

Wes,

Good pictures.Ida looks good in her outfit.

Would also like to know if the dress code is followed by most guests.Don't like to see short sleeved shirts in the dining room for dinner service.

Looking forward to your thoughts about the Spirit versus the better designed Shadow and Whisper.

Let us all know about the inclusive wine selection.

Wes, you now have me reading another board! I think I'm becoming a Wes and Ida "groupie"! Hope you have a wonderful trip...you may compel us to switch cruise lines! Tell Ida she looks gorgeous!

Jennifer (and Georges)

Good Morning from the Spirit as we sail briskly towards our first port, Hamilton Bermuda.

Beginning today will also feature one Silversea crew member in a Silversea Crew member profile (pix and some background on the crew member). Talked with Paolo over coffee in the Panorama earlier and asked him to please help identify some hardworking crew members that guests do not get to see every day.

Newlondon, Dougbruns, ThreeChicks, ededmd, SnoBirdCruiser, Mr. Luxury, forgap; thank you for your warm wishes. Bill no spin cycles on board, will have to use one of the recumbent bikes in the spirit fitness facility every other day. Did get a 70 min run in this a.m followed by 30 min on the elliptical. John, more later on the Spirit vs Whisper and Shadow. WE bought a 3 wine package from the included wine list gives us 20% off. Next wine is the magnificent Relentless Syrah for Hot Rocks, then Caymas Special Select for the Captain's gala tomorrow eve. Then time for another package :)

WE have our Meet & Greet in less than three hours in the Panorama lounge. Appreciate the Paolo/Spirit leadership putting the announcement in today's Chronicles. Look fwd to meeting many CCrs we only know by digits--will take lots of photos to share with y'all. Ida is at a stretch class now, we can't wait to hear a Russian Pianist tonight in the show room--we met her at the comprehensive life boat drill yesterday. Today's speakers include port enrichment lecture on Bermuda and TV comedy expert presents the life of Sid Caeser.

Archived