Arabella no longer sailing..ever again?

SailorJM

Thanks for all the information. I know Sagitta is not a real sailing ship. I going solo on this one so I needed a solo cabin rather than share with someone. I think Island Windjammers new acquisition Vela (Tole Mour ) is a schooner and they made add 2 solo berths. Thanks again.

You'll have fun!

Yes, IWJ has added a third ship to the fleet, and she's a true sailing ship, as well, but Tole Mour (to be Vela) needs lots of refurb after being a youth training ship for years, so I know it will be a while before we get to sail her.

• 3 years later...
SailorJM-Too sad about Flying Cloud, we sailed her Christmas 1996 with Captain Adrian and were booked for another trip when they took her out of service so we switched to the Fantome in 1998, we got off 10 days before she was lost in Hurricane Mitch. I do have lots of video and photos of those trips.

Nancy

I am looking for anybody who might have sailed FLYING CLOUD in July 1973 when she almost sank from a broken propeller shaft. Do you know any web sites that might help.

Thanks.

LDEE

Nice memories, altho bittersweet re Fantome.

Many of the old Windjammer Barefoot Cruise (WBC) folks are sailing these days with Island Windjammers

(IWJ, islandwindjammers.com), and the website for chatting is myseashanty.com. You might find someone there who sailed on Flying Cloud. IWJ has three tall ships sailing the Caribbean: Diamant (10 pass), Sagitta (24 pass) and Vela (26 pass). Also Mandalay, the only remaining sailing ship from WBC, is still sailing in the Caribbean, via a company called Sail Windjammer (sailwindjammer.com).