Scenic Crystal boarding in Budapest

golferwife

You can usually get into your cabin from 14.00 but you can usually board before then we have boarded well before then because of the arrival times at the start destination, we have even had lunch on board. If your travel arrangements are through Scenic you will have no problem. CA

I think the OP was more interested in how late they can board in order to make other plans during the day. On most river cruises you can drop off your bags early in the day and go out to enjoy yourself. Alternatively, if you stayed in a hotel the night before you can leave your bags there and come back for them later. You are generally expected on board about 5 or 5:30 for a welcome reception.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Forums mobile app

Which is also the mandatory muster drill.
On my first cruise in 2010 I only made it to ship about 7:30 pm due to issues with the Icelandic volcano. I went straight to dinner and never had a muster drill. On my second cruise in 2011 the captain basically said in the event of a problem go up to the sundeck and you will be above the water level. I don't think there was anything more to it than that.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Forums mobile app

On all of our Scenic cruises bar one the drill was on the second day with life jackets and name checks on the top deck. The one that differed it was so wet we did the complete drill in the lounge, best one ever so much fun and everyone relaxed so quickly.

Sorry obviously got the wrong end of the stick about arrivals, I do know that this year we couldn’t travel to Porto from Bristol as the plane got in to late. We have arrived on board around 5 to 5.30 and it was a bit of a scramble to get sorted. Have a great cruise we did Amsterdam to Budapest last year, Budapest is a beautiful city and the evening cruise with all the buildings lit up is not to be missed, don’t forget your camera. CA