Rome In Limo - Continuation of Previous Thread, Community Guidelines Apply

palermo22

Can you tell me a little more about your tour? Thanks! :)

We used RollingRome tour company for my golf cart tour while in Rome

http://rollingrome.com/rome-by-golf-cart-tour/

This was such a great way to see the major attractions in Rome! We had the benefit of a great guide "Merel" and a covered golf cart that shielded us from the heat of the day. Our guide was informative, friendly, and happy to share all sorts of great information with us.

Happy planning :)

• 2 weeks later...

we also use romeinlimo every time we go to Italy. They are very professional and knowledgable and get you back to the ship when needed. Also from the hotel, they are very good. I can't say enough good things about Jany and romeinlimo.

we also use romeinlimo every time we go to Italy. They are very professional and knowledgable and get you back to the ship when needed. Also from the hotel, they are very good. I can't say enough good things about Jany and romeinlimo.

So happy to see that Romeinlimo is getting rave reviews. We used them back in 2007 and have them booked for three tours in July when we sail on the Symphony of the Seas. We have them booked for tours in Rome, Florence and Naples. We got a ten percent discount for booking three tours and another ten percent discount for paying in advance. I feel like we really saved a lot.

We have used Rome in Limo for years-numerous times. The best tours and most informative. Write me stevermb@aol.com with any questions or concerns.

Per Cruise Critic guidelines:

"Answer Posts on the Boards, Not Via Email!

Please try to answer message board posts on the boards instead of E-mail when appropriate. There is a lot of great information that we're all missing because it is passing through private E-mail. There are of course times when private E-mail is more appropriate but if you have information that would be helpful to many people, please try to come back to the boards and post it rather than replying to a posting through E-mail."

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/faq.php?faq=guidelines

Per Cruise Critic guidelines:

"Answer Posts on the Boards, Not Via Email!

Please try to answer message board posts on the boards instead of E-mail when appropriate. There is a lot of great information that we're all missing because it is passing through private E-mail. There are of course times when private E-mail is more appropriate but if you have information that would be helpful to many people, please try to come back to the boards and post it rather than replying to a posting through E-mail."

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/faq.php?faq=guidelines

Agree, share your knowledge and info here with all of us!

So happy to see that Romeinlimo is getting rave reviews. We used them back in 2007 and have them booked for three tours in July when we sail on the Symphony of the Seas. We have them booked for tours in Rome, Florence and Naples. We got a ten percent discount for booking three tours and another ten percent discount for paying in advance. I feel like we really saved a lot.

You did save a lot and as you know you've booked with a great company. Our tours with them in 2016 were all great. No doubt when we return they will be one of the 1st contacts I make when I begin planning.

We started using ROMEINLIMO in 2007 and have used them probably 8 times in various cities throughout Italy. Their customer service, namely Jany is unbelievable--that gal never sleeps. She can answer all your questions. If someone cancels 2 weeks prior, you should have no trouble re-filling the slot with last minute cruisers. You will love them, I promise. You can decide what you want to see or ask her for suggestions. Especially in Rome, there are so many things to see that you won't have to worry about repeating a tour. Next time we go back (soon I hope), we will definitely use them again.

Question for anyone who has created a Tour Share group for a excursion with Rome in Limo, how does it work? Sorry for the newbie questions.

How does the booking , payment and cancellation policy work?

Once you create the group, do people who are interested in joining the tour just book and pay directly with Rome in Limo if they are interested?

What happens if members of the tour (not us) drop out after the two week last chance cancellation date. Is the group creator charged with any penalties or making up the difference? For example group was originally 8 people but 2 people drop out day before excursion. What happens?

Do I have to worry if someone doesn't pay Rome in Limo at the end of the tour or is all payment upfront?

Sorry if sound paranoid but just wanted to get all the info before creating a group.

We've never used Tour Share with RIL but I recommend you ask these questions to them via email. Jany will answer you quickly I'm sure.

My husband and I have used Rome In Limo since 2013 for all our transfers to/from the Fiumicino Airport and Civitavecchia Cruise Terminal. They are always on time, professional, pleasant and vehicles have always been clean. We used them several times during an August 2016 “Family Cruise/Vacation” . We were 10 people including 2 children. Again they provided five star service despite our large group.

-calcruiser10/Eileen

• 2 weeks later...

We've had some tours with RIL, some of which were tour groups of many people. Any questions I had were answered promptly by Jany. They were terrific tours and we did have a problem with one tourist not making a tour but it didn't effect anything. I can't say enough about how happy we were with our tours with them. I probably sound like an employee with them but I'm not. LOL. I still tell stories about our trips with them. Best we've eve had.

Question for anyone who has created a Tour Share group for an excursion with Rome in Limo, how does it work? Sorry for the newbie questions.

How does the booking, payment and cancellation policy work?

Once you create the group, do people who are interested in joining the tour just book and pay directly with Rome in Limo if they are interested?

What happens if members of the tour (not us) drop out after the two weeks last chance cancellation date. Is the group creator charged with any penalties or making up the difference? For example, the group was originally 8 people but 2 people drop out the day before the excursion. What happens?

Do I have to worry if someone doesn't pay Rome in Limo at the end of the tour or is all payment upfront?

Sorry if sound paranoid but just wanted to get all the info before creating a group.

I would highly recommend you to contact the company for the specific questions. Have fun planing :)

Many institutions in Italy have a service charge built into the cost in which case I wouldn't pay any extra. It would pay to check out if a service charge is included. As I come from a culture where tipping is not the norm it would have to be something extra special for me to pay extra. The cost of private excursions in Italy in my opinion are not cheap hence again no need to pay extra

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone have any experience with them specifically with Rome and Vatican? Do they simply just drop off at the Vatican and wait?

They will make an appointment with a Vatican (not RIL) guide who will be waiting for you at a specific time. Your RIL guide/driver (one in the same) will hand you off and then the guide, upon finishing the tour (you must pay her/him at the conclusion) will return the group to a prearranged site to continue your Rome tour. The Vatican guides arranged by RIL are always outstanding. The one time we took the train to Rome from the port, we spent our time looking for things (like the bus). Never again! With RIL, you will see 20 times more than what you'd see on your own.

I get that pretty much everyone who has used RIL has been pleased with their service, what I don't quite get is the hyperbole. Based on the glowing reviews the simple truth is enough.

Your RIL guide/driver (one in the same)

Not true, no mater how entertaining and talkative your driver may be, they are not guides. That's an entirely different profession and knowledge base.

I'm sure the one you had was, and I've yet to hear any complaints on CC about RIL guides, but how would you know that they are "all always outstanding"? Your excellent experience is a solid recommendation, the "issimo" extra makes it sound like a paid endorsement.

The Vatican guides arranged by RIL are always outstanding.

The one time we took the train to Rome from the port, we spent our time looking for things (like the bus). Never again! With RIL, you will see 20 times more than what you'd see on your own.

Again, I'll bet I (and several other regulars here) could see just as much on our own, it's a matter of preparation. Not everyone wants to do the work and for them a car service is a great alternative, but it's not the end all, be all.

I get that pretty much everyone who has used RIL has been pleased with their service, what I don't quite get is the hyperbole. Based on the glowing reviews the simple truth is enough.

Not true, no mater how entertaining and talkative your driver may be, they are not guides. That's an entirely different profession and knowledge base.

I'm sure the one you had was, and I've yet to hear any complaints on CC about RIL guides, but how would you know that they are "all always outstanding"? Your excellent experience is a solid recommendation, the "issimo" extra makes it sound like a paid endorsement.

Whoa, what snark! :o:eek:I'm a gusher--that's my personality and the last 5 times (in 10 years) I've been to Rome I've used RIL 4 times and as to MY EXPERIENCE, I thought they were fabulous. I'm being truthful. The 3 different guides arranged for us at the Vatican were also wonderful (not just my experience but everyone on our tours also agreed). Someone asked for information and I HONESTLY gave them MY experience. For free;)

Whoa, what snark! :o:eek:I'm a gusher--that's my personality and the last 5 times (in 10 years) I've been to Rome I've used RIL 4 times and as to MY EXPERIENCE, I thought they were fabulous. I'm being truthful. The 3 different guides arranged for us at the Vatican were also wonderful (not just my experience but everyone on our tours also agreed). Someone asked for information and I HONESTLY gave them MY experience. For free;)

I think we can accept that YOUR guide on YOUR visit was outstanding, but to give a blanket endorsement and a "one size fits all" recommendation is kinda over the top....

I have used Romeinlimo 5-6 times myself, but also do a lot of pre-trip research and do many self-guided tours independently -- so I think I have a unique perspective to see both sides of the issue. In fact, I may be one of the few people who has used Romeinlimo for multiple tours and transfers in Civitavecchia/Roma, Livorno/Firenze and Napoli/Salerno/Amalfi, AND has done these same ports totally-independently, i.e. train/walk/self-guided trips!

Romeinlimo provides a great service for the cost-is-not-a-priority customer who values their time over money. Their transfers are consistently on-time and reliable. Customer service has been consistently excellent. Their tours and guides from my experience have all been very good to excellent. I always use them when travelling with my elderly parents or with small children, when mobility or carrying things like strollers is an issue, and I appreciate the luxury and flexibility of having a private driver and vehicle. When travelling overseas, there is a certain peace of mind that comes from knowing that a driver or guide will be there when they are supposed to be there, and to do what you expect them to do!

With all that said, even though I can afford the tours, I am an independent, do-it-yourself traveller who prefers to save $$$ by taking trains, taxis, buses or walking to get around, and using mobile apps, guide books and internet-based information for my own self-guided tours. I tend to do this when I'm travelling alone or with my kids. The primary advantages to doing things independently are the freedom to do what I want, being more connected to the way locals move about and interact, and the cost savings.

In summary, using Romeinlimo or similar service allows a visitor to do far less advance preparation and planning, is probably less stressful or work for the newbie traveller (or perhaps someone with any worries about visiting to a new country or area), or if a group has one or more persons with mobility issues, but it does all come at a not-insignificant cost! :)

Edited by Terpnut

We've used RIL many times and can't say enough about them. On one excursion my wife got sick the night before and she couldn't make it. I found another cruiser who went in her place with no problem. Later that day they sent a driver over to the ship to see if my wife was interested in a tour. I thought that was wonderful. Another thing they do if you take a tour around Rome is they get to avoid the long lines so you have more time for touring. And there are so many sites to see in Italy. Some I had never heard of before. Nobody better.

I have used Romeinlimo 5-6 times myself, but also do a lot of pre-trip research and do many self-guided tours independently -- so I think I have a unique perspective to see both sides of the issue. In fact, I may be one of the few people who has used Romeinlimo for multiple tours and transfers in Civitavecchia/Roma, Livorno/Firenze and Napoli/Salerno/Amalfi, AND has done these same ports totally-independently, i.e. train/walk/self-guided trips!

Romeinlimo provides a great service for the cost-is-not-a-priority customer who values their time over money. Their transfers are consistently on-time and reliable. Customer service has been consistently excellent. Their tours and guides from my experience have all been very good to excellent. I always use them when travelling with my elderly parents or with small children, when mobility or carrying things like strollers is an issue, and I appreciate the luxury and flexibility of having a private driver and vehicle. When travelling overseas, there is a certain peace of mind that comes from knowing that a driver or guide will be there when they are supposed to be there, and to do what you expect them to do!

With all that said, even though I can afford the tours, I am an independent, do-it-yourself traveller who prefers to save $$$ by taking trains, taxis, buses or walking to get around, and using mobile apps, guide books and internet-based information for my own self-guided tours. I tend to do this when I'm travelling alone or with my kids. The primary advantages to doing things independently are the freedom to do what I want, being more connected to the way locals move about and interact, and the cost savings.

In summary, using Romeinlimo or similar service allows a visitor to do far less advance preparation and planning, is probably less stressful or work for the newbie traveller (or perhaps someone with any worries about visiting to a new country or area), or if a group has one or more persons with mobility issues, but it does all come at a not-insignificant cost! :)

I will echo the comment here. I've used RomeinLimo at least three times that I remember, and on my recommendation, my relatives have as well.

We travel regularly- in fact we are on a Singapore to Barcelona cruise right now. The praise for RIL is there to demonstrate that there is a difference in tour companies; some merely go through the motions, and others work to make the most of your limited time while in port.

Of course you could try to do all of this on your own, but most of us cruise passengers have limited time in port- I want to make the most of that time, and I appreciate RIL guidance on how to do that based on my interests. RIL provides great value for the money.

• 2 weeks later...

Highly recommend Rome In Limo. Just sent 2 different groups of friends that used them in Rome and both came back raving about how wonderful their tour was. I guarantee they will take you to places no others will and they know Rome inside and out! You won't regret using RIL! The best by far!!