Value Trips FLL Hyatt

Suzyrn89

We have frequently used Value Trips for the Ft Lauderdale Hyatt and its our favorite place to stay. We requested stays for 2 different trips as far back as 2/25 and have yet to get a response. I've called the Hyatt and they dont have any requests from Value trips, I emailed value trips 5 days ago and have left them a voicemail. Anyone have any luck in the past few weeks doing reservations with them? Anyone have any info if they are still in business?

I have a reservation with them that was made back in Nov/Dec for my May cruise. It did take them a few weeks to respond. I verified with Hyatt Place that we did have one. However, I am planning on cancelling it because we decided to stay on the beach instead.

Thanks folks, I didnt recall having to wait this long in the past.

We used it for the first time back in October. I didn't get a confirmation email from them until late November, after 3 emails to them. By that time, I had called Hyatt and gotten the reservation booking number from them! It was nice to have confirmation from valuetrips though.

I've tried requesting Hyatt Place in FLL through valuetrips two times in the past few weeks followed up by emails and there has been no response. I even gave them an alternate email address in the notes section of their submission form and still nothing. The site says they will respond within 3 business days. I guess it was too good to be true.

We have frequently used Value Trips for the Ft Lauderdale Hyatt and its our favorite place to stay. We requested stays for 2 different trips as far back as 2/25 and have yet to get a response. I've called the Hyatt and they dont have any requests from Value trips, I emailed value trips 5 days ago and have left them a voicemail. Anyone have any luck in the past few weeks doing reservations with them? Anyone have any info if they are still in business?

I've given up on them . Just too much stress wondering if I have the dang res. or not.

I watch for price drops on other hotels. so far so good. Terrible customer service

One has to wonder when Hyatt Place will put a stop to this? They r getting all these calls from concerned folks.

Surely they can fill the hotel themselves at full rate without this Valuetrips headache and discount?

But what do I know....

Value Trips has their fair share of website problems (not unusual) having a bit of patience is/has been worth the great discount rates we've gotten.

Ain't that the truth :D

But the discounts are great. I'm not sure Hyatt see's the valuetrips web problems. When I spoke to the hotel, they said they get a stack of valuetrips requests at a time and then someone from the hotel goes thru and books the rooms. Doesn't happen fast but always happens! Sounds like a decent partnership to me.

Ain't that the truth :D

But the discounts are great. I'm not sure Hyatt see's the valuetrips web problems. When I spoke to the hotel, they said they get a stack of valuetrips requests at a time and then someone from the hotel goes thru and books the rooms. Doesn't happen fast but always happens! Sounds like a decent partnership to me.

Yes...and the great thing is once you have your reservation you then work directly with the hotel. I've been able to easily request connecting rooms and bedding choices...makes it easy when needing certain things for booking with our extended families pre-cruise stay's.

I recently stayed at the Hyatt Place using valuetrips. I had submitted a request on the valuetrips website on Nov 12/17 (for a stay in Mar 2018) and didn't hear back for just over 3 weeks.

I phoned the Hyatt Place on Nov 30/17 and they were able to verbally provide me with my reservation number (but said they couldn't email me the reservation number for some reason - ?security). The person with whom I spoke was also able to confirm that it was booked with the valuetrips rate ($219+tax). With the reservation number, I was then able to look up the reservation on the Hyatt Place website to confirm that my booking was there, which was very reassuring.

I also emailed valuetrips again on Nov 30/17 and finally got an email confirmation of my booking on Dec 5/17.

While I was waiting, though, I did book another (fully refundable) hotel just in case the valuetrips booking didn't go through. Once I got confirmation from valuetrips and Hyatt Place, I just cancelled the other refundable booking.

I agree that the slow communication is somewhat frustrating, but as long as you have time before you leave (and can book an alternate hotel just in case), valuetrips still provides good value for a Hyatt Place booking (paid almost $150 USD less than the quoted rack rate for 1 night). It is also reassuring that once booked, you work directly with the hotel and can see your booking on their own system.

I think they’ve been getting slower. Last year I think it took about 10 days to get my confirmation. This year it was around the aforementioned 3 week mark. But Hyatt Place is such great value for the price that it’s hard to pass up.

I, too, requested a June reservation via ValueTrips for the Hyatt and received a confirmation stating that their confirmation was delayed due to email delivery issues. They apologized for any inconvenience. Now, we want to extend the reservation. I emailed this request to ValueTrips two weeks ago and I'm anxiously waiting for a reply. What is their phone number? Maybe I'll get a quicker response if I call. I'm holding off reserving my airline reservations until I hear from them. (yn)

Now that you have the reservation, it might be better just to call Hyatt Place directly to see if they can handle the request.

I called the Hyatt and they suggested that I reach out to ValueTrips again to get the $119 rate. Hyatt would not offer that rate for the extended stay. I just called ValueTrips and no one was available to take the call!:confused: I left a message.

Calling them gets nowhere, it's always a voicemail, I've left 3 messages, found their number on the website somewhere. I would call the hotel directly and ask to extend, don't go through national reservations.

I have a reservation for Sept. for one night. I decided to add another night and called Hyatt Place and they told me I had to go through Value Trips again.. I just made a new reservation online for the extra night. Hyatt said when I check in they will combine the two reservations into one.