FLL Pre Cruise Hotel - narrowed choice down, but they are booked - need more ideas

Noreen411

Hi

My husband and I will be cruising on Celebrity Reflection out of Ft Lauderdale and are looking for a pre-cruise hotel. Our last few cruises have been right out of Bayonne NJ so we just drove to the pier the day of sailing so haven’t had to investigate pre-cruise hotels in a long time.

I read through many of the threads with suggestions and narrowed it down to either Embassy Suites or Hyatt - both being near 17th Street since there are things to do/places to go nearby.

Both are booked for our date.

Any other suggestions. I don’t need the Ritz, but don’t want a Motel 6. I am fine for one night in a sort of middle of the road type place like a Hyatt. I’d like the place to have a gym/fitness center so we can get our morning workout in.

Thank you in advance for any advice

Noreen

Hi

My husband and I will be cruising on Celebrity Reflection out of Ft Lauderdale and are looking for a pre-cruise hotel. Our last few cruises have been right out of Bayonne NJ so we just drove to the pier the day of sailing so haven’t had to investigate pre-cruise hotels in a long time.

I read through many of the threads with suggestions and narrowed it down to either Embassy Suites or Hyatt - both being near 17th Street since there are things to do/places to go nearby.

Both are booked for our date.

Any other suggestions. I don’t need the Ritz, but don’t want a Motel 6. I am fine for one night in a sort of middle of the road type place like a Hyatt. I’d like the place to have a gym/fitness center so we can get our morning workout in.

Thank you in advance for any advice

Noreen

Hilton Marina or Renaissance both on 17th and very close to the port!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you call the hotels directly or looking at availability at an online site?

Of course if it is spring break time then it will be harder to get a good location

Hi

Just looking online.

Easter Sunday is the date I need

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi

One more question...

What about Hyatt house airport and cruise port?

The 17th street one is booked but just saw this one available.

Thank yiu

You will enjoy the Hilton Marina much better, great location and if your room is on the port side you can see the ships.

The Hyatt on 17th is on the beach side of the bridge and not close to much without a walk

[quote=mllewis48;54635093

The Hyatt on 17th is on the beach side of the bridge and not close to much without a walk

:confused:

Hyatt Place by 17th st is about a 5 min walk to shops & restaurants, Publix & Total wine

https://ftlauderdaleconventioncenter.place.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

Edited by LHT28

Did you mean Hyatt house ? :confused:

Hyatt Place by 17th st is about a 5 min walk to shops & restaurants, Publix & Total wine

Hi

Yes Hyatt House

The Hyatt Place on 17th street isn’t available

Thank you

We usually stay at Hyatt Place 17th but also enjoy the Riverside Hotel on Las Olas. Rooms are a little rustic in the older section, but nothing that one can’t handle for one night only. You can usually get a room on Hotwire for this property, which is the only 3.5 star hotel on Las Olas. Usually can get it for $139, which includes the taxes, even during peak season.

We love the restaurants on Las Olas BLVD and the restaurants at the hotel

Want to stay at a classy boutique hotel a block from the ocean on the Intracoastal? Try PILLARS HOTEL. Only 25 rooms on 2 floors. Rated as the number TWO hotel in all of Fort Lauderdale on Tripadvisor. We will be there for 3 nights post-cruise in January. Short Uber drive to the airport or from the port.

We really liked the Courtyard Ft. Lauderdale Beach. Just stayed there pre and post Thanksgiving week cruise.

Loved being a few steps across the street from the beach.

Coconuts (make reservations) is just behind on intracostal waterway and Bubba Gumps next door.

Liquor store less than a block away.

Awesome hotel, great staff, and spotlessly clean. The Bistro serves BLD, there is an oceanfront bar and a large pool deck.

We had no problem getting our10 am requested check-in time after getting off the ship.

No free shuttles but we prefer taxis anyway.

We would definitely return 😊

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Forums mobile app

I am Hilton brand loyal so we like the Doubletree Galleria or the Hilton Ft Lauderdale Beach Resort. I have gotten really good prices at both. But it just depends on the season. They are both in great locations and have really nice rooms. This last trip I got a two room suite with a kitchen and 1 1/2 baths at a prepaid rate of $185 per night. It was shame we only had it for one night.

Hi. Thank you all for the continued recommendations.

Since the night I need is Easter Sunday some are already fully booked.

I just made a reservation at Hyatt Place ft lauderdale airport and cruise port. The one on 17th street is fully booked.

I also have a reservation at Hilton Marina.

I am still open to suggestions. I have also been checking trip advisor.

If you have a preference between the two I have booked let me know that as well.

Within the next couple of weeks I want to finalize which hotel and cancel the other or others if I find others available.

Thank you again

Noreen

Hi. Thank you all for the continued recommendations.

Since the night I need is Easter Sunday some are already fully booked.

I just made a reservation at Hyatt Place ft lauderdale airport and cruise port. The one on 17th street is fully booked.

I also have a reservation at Hilton Marina.

I am still open to suggestions. I have also been checking trip advisor.

If you have a preference between the two I have booked let me know that as well.

Within the next couple of weeks I want to finalize which hotel and cancel the other or others if I find others available.

Thank you again

Noreen

I would choose the Hilton Marina near the action!

• 3 months later...

Hi

With the cruise coming up soon I was poking around online and found availability surprisingly at embassy suites so I booked it.

I have 3 reservations and need to cancel 2 of them. Which would you choose?

Embassy suites 17th street

Hilton marina

Hyatt airport/cruiseport

Thank you in advance for your feedback

Noreen

Hi

With the cruise coming up soon I was poking around online and found availability surprisingly at embassy suites so I booked it.

Hilton marina

Hyatt airport/cruiseport

Noreen

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/

Choose the one that best fits your needs, ie, preferred amenities, proximity to port or restaurants or last minute shopping, ease of getting from airport to hotel, et cet. If it were me, I’d pick the ES.

It’s in a good area. Also, read the recent TripAdvisor reviews to see which property is in better shape and then select.

Hi

Hilton marina

Hyatt airport/cruiseport

Noreen

For me it would be Embassy Suites.

Close to shopping and restaurants.

Good hotel and offers a lot of value between the nice breakfast and the evening cocktail reception.

Keith