Hair questions....

DES07

I need help with what you ladies use on your hair while on a cruise that keeps it calm and smooth. I can straighten it and put moose and hairspray and nothing works. Please help me.... We leave on our cruise in 32days and I need to find something that will work.

Sent from my Z982 using Forums mobile app

I need help with what you ladies use on your hair while on a cruise that keeps it calm and smooth. I can straighten it and put moose and hairspray and nothing works. Please help me.... We leave on our cruise in 32days and I need to find something that will work.

Sent from my Z982 using Forums mobile app

A good flat iron (they are not all equal), good hair products like Schwarzkopf Softn"Straight and SexyHair 450 Headset... You can have your hair done on board and make a note of which products then get on Amazon.

They might move this thread but

Don’t : use the ship shampoo

Do: get a high humidity hairspray

Bring your own shampoo and conditioner

Use the ship gym showers....much more room to get ready!

Do not know how long your hair is.

I wear mine up if hot , or salt or chlorine is involved

Wear it down at night, it may only last an hour or two because of humidity

but by the time I drink, I feel marvelous :cool:

I have super frizzy hair and live in Florida-bad combo. The best frizz fighter is a keratin type treatment at the hair salon-expensive but completely worth it. I can air dry my hair with no frizz! Otherwise, I suggest redken frizz dismiss shampoo conditioner and styling creams. The styling products come in “fpfs”-frizz protection. On high humidity days, I go with the highest-30. When all else fails, pony tail and hat.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This has been a problem for me for YEARS! I used to live on Long Island (NY) and only had to deal with it in the summer, but living in Atlanta, the heat and humidity wreak havoc for a much bigger part of the year. I started using a line of products I picked up from a chain beauty supply store for no reason other than it had a promotion at the time where it came with a cute tote bag. This line works better for me by far in taming the frizzies and giving me sleek hair. It says that it'll give your hair shine too, but I haven't noticed a difference in the shininess. But that's ok with me since I was going for a different result. It's called Mystic Devine and I use the shampoo and conditioner only every other day or every third day.

Good luck!

I have wavy hair that goes frizzy in humidity.

When in Florida or the Caribbean I use an Ouidad curl balm and let it go natural. It goes wavy/curly but still feels soft and looks silky curly as opposed to frizzy/fuzzy.

If I straighten, I use Moroccan Oil after washing (while wet) and then use Aveda anti-humectant when I use the flat iron.

But--what is YOUR natural hair texture and length?

Also---especially if you color your hair---use something to protect your color if you are going in salt or chlorinated water. Make sure you get your hair wet with regular water before swimming in ocean or pool water. This will prevent your hair from absorbing the chlorine or salt water which is drying and damaging to your color. Use SwimSpray to remove any chlorine after swimming.

Two things: someone previously mentioned a keratin treatment. These are amazing! It's like having an automatic good hair day everyday! The salon treatments are in a league over their own over the at home treatments (just don't...) However, I have not tried it while on a humid Carribbean cruise, just a European one, and the sea air is not created equally! If you do go the Keratin route, you have to use sulfate free smoothing shampoo/conditioner. The best bang for the buck is the Renpure Brazillian Keratin shampoo and conditioner. https://www.amazon.com/Renpure-Organics-Brazilian-Straightening-Conditioner/dp/B00AC1AFMA/ref=pd_sim_194_3?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00AC1AFMA&pd_rd_r=JQK1F79ZY54T3E4HBKF7&pd_rd_w=0VJSE&pd_rd_wg=ddUlt&psc=1&refRID=JQK1F79ZY54T3E4HBKF7

It smells like coconut which is an added bonus for your tropical vacay!

Second thing: a product called Frizz Ease Extra Strength serum. It's a heat protectant AND humidity fighter in one. Great stuff. I prefer it over the more expensive: It's a 10, Pureology, and Redken products for pure fact that it works way better.

Hope this helps!

I have good luck with Garnier Fructis leave in conditioner. It's very inexpensive especially if you can get it as an add-on item through Amazon. Use it after every shampoo, don't shampoo every day just rinse off salt or chlorine and then put on the conditioner.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...