Help with Tampa

casperbks

There is nothing really close (walking distance) to the port in my opinion. Closest would be the Marriott Waterside and Embassy Suites which is about half a mile, but pricey. Not sure if anyone has a shuttle.

Why wouldn't a half mile, or an 8 minute walk not be close? The port is not like other ports, where you enter a secure area. The port entrance is on the street, and you go inside basically. Any hotel within 2 miles is close, and there are several.

Why wouldn't a half mile, or an 8 minute walk not be close? The port is not like other ports, where you enter a secure area. The port entrance is on the street, and you go inside basically. Any hotel within 2 miles is close, and there are several.

Cause I'm fat and lazy lol. ;) But for real, that Marriott Waterside is beautiful and has great food and bars inside as well as being close to many other great options and a short trolley ride to hundreds of others.. I've never stayed there for a cruise but I've stayed there for work and since work paid it didn't hurt at all.

But I probably wouldn't care to walk to port dragging all my bags for an 8 day cruise from there. I really am fat and lazy.

I can also vouch for the Hampton Inn Ybor City.

You can take the trolley ($2/one way) from the hotel to the port in a matter of minutes and it's fun.

The hotel is on the edge of Ybor City which is full of bars and restaurants if you want something to do the night before the cruise.

• 2 weeks later...
We stay at the Holiday Inn at Rocky Point, the shuttle will pick you up at the airport for free. Last month I was charged $10.00 to ride to the port. There is a good restaurant right next door, others are near by.

We just booked that same hotel. $10 to port!!

We stay in the Rocky Point area - Hampton Inn usually. Free airport shuttle, $10 to port, Bahama Breeze right across the parking lot.

So the Hampton inn does have an airport shuttle? I have been looking at hotel websites for ones w shuttles but I don’t see where they list it.