Meet and Mingle at inconvenient time.

Fastfredcruise

On the Vista , March 10th cruise. They scheduled the Meet and Mingle at 9:00am first day. This was 8:00am due to day light savings clock change. Even at 9, it would be during breakfast for most people. Whoever coordinates this with Carnival should try to set up a more reasonable time. 71 signed up, 9 attended because of the scheduled time.

Is there anything? Just anything that people won’t complain about.

Let’s see, you’re asking, actually demanding, that the cruise line activities director take a lot of time out of their busy schedule to find a prime time slot that won’t inconvience anyone, to find a gathering time that satisfies 25 guests. That’s 1% of the entire guest manifest on a 2500 passenger ship. The cruise line makes no money. In fact the cruise line expends money and valuable time and space as a COURTESY, yet, let’s complain.

Since the guests don’t appreciate the effort put forth, I recommend just canceling the event all together.

Let’s see, you’re asking, actually demanding, that the cruise line activities director take a lot of time out of their busy schedule to find a prime time slot that won’t inconvience anyone, to find a gathering time that satisfies 25 guests. That’s 1% of the entire guest manifest on a 2500 passenger ship. The cruise line makes no money. In fact the cruise line expends money and valuable time and space as a COURTESY, yet, let’s complain.

Since the guests don’t appreciate the effort put forth, I recommend just canceling the event all together.

This was severely overdramatic. 9AM on first sea day is a bit early for a M&M. No one is demanding anything. Just asking for a more conducive time towards greater attendance.

I have to agree. Based on the disdain shown towards CC by JH FB, spearheaded and encouraged by JH (Carnival Ambassador), it is evident Carnival does not even like CC. I mean JH is the social media rep for Carnival yet shows an unchecked disdain for CC. I think CC members should be gracious and appreciative that Carnival even makes this event possible on their ships, because they really do not have to.

This was severely overdramatic. 9AM on first sea day is a bit early for a M&M. No one is demanding anything. Just asking for a more conducive time towards greater attendance.

Anyone can complain. It's just too easy. Even my 14 month old grandson complains when his diaper is full.

Usually as an adult though, when one finds a problem, you bring it to someone's attention,,,,,, along with possible solutions to the perceived problem.

I have to agree. Based on the disdain shown towards CC by JH FB, spearheaded and encouraged by JH (Carnival Ambassador), it is evident Carnival does not even like CC. I mean JH is the social media rep for Carnival yet shows an unchecked disdain for CC. I think CC members should be gracious and appreciative that Carnival even makes this event possible on their ships, because they really do not have to.

That's the adult solution? Blame JH. smh

That's the adult solution? Blame JH. smh

Actually I’m not blaming JH. From some of the posts here, he has personal cause. I am pointing out that CC is not well liked by someone who is a representative of Carnival. And since JH is allowed to continue his antiCC members posts, I am assuming his Carnival bosses are just fine with this. Which is why I feel that we should not complain about the meet & greets. It is nice that Carnival even offers them for a group they seem not to like.

MSC is a privately held company willing to lose money to break into the US market. Having failed in the past, they are more determined this time. They make zillions in the commercial market and can easily afford to do so. Enjoy it while it lasts, because I doubt it will last that much longer.

As for who dislikes whom the most, I think it might be a dead heat.

Actually MSC provides a CC meet n mingle with not only finger foods and free drinks but a huge slab cake. The event is attended by 100+ At times and the captain AND senior officers attend. You also have a picture taken with the captain which is provided free of charge

MSC can manage to find a convenient time for much more than 25 people I might add.. bake a special cake... and not only CD but captain and senior staff attend..

That's nice. Obviously they found something that works. Kudo's to them.

What time and what number day of sailing have they found that works for so many people?

Royal also provides a meeting time for CC members. Have only attended 1 but that was a Med cruise. It was well attended also. Not sure if the demographics are part of the success. It was help about 10AM on the first sea day. CD was there to give away free gifts. Coffee, juices, and pastries were provided.

The easiest way to solve the problem is to take responsibility out of the hands of Carnival and let CC members schedule their own time to get together for socialization.

I’m sure this would improve attendance since members would be free to pick the time most convenient for them.

There are plenty of spaces under-utilized during the day for groups of any size (now that attendance would be more conducive) to freely gather in a social setting.

It’s such a simple solution to a problem that would eliminate the complaints about Carnival not being able to deliver on something they aren’t able to make work.

Imagine the accolades if CC members can coordinate it successfully with high attendance when Carnival couldn’t. I for one would give that high praise.

Imagine the accolades if CC members can coordinate it successfully with high attendance when Carnival couldn’t. I for one would give that high praise.

That would be AWESOME and I would definitely participate if it were something private like this. Good idea!

Actually I’m not blaming JH. From some of the posts here, he has personal cause. I am pointing out that CC is not well liked by someone who is a representative of Carnival. And since JH is allowed to continue his antiCC members posts, I am assuming his Carnival bosses are just fine with this. Which is why I feel that we should not complain about the meet & greets. It is nice that Carnival even offers them for a group they seem not to like.

I do believe that some of the posts that JH publishes that hold cc members in a poor light are actually made up by him to generate more clicks to his fb page

The easiest way to solve the problem is to take responsibility out of the hands of Carnival and let CC members schedule their own time to get together for socialization.

I’m sure this would improve attendance since members would be free to pick the time most convenient for them.

There are plenty of spaces under-utilized during the day for groups of any size (now that attendance would be more conducive) to freely gather in a social setting.

It’s such a simple solution to a problem that would eliminate the complaints about Carnival not being able to deliver on something they aren’t able to make work.

Good idea; someone can coordinate with Carnival and get some different options for times/rooms and then otherwise make the meet and mingle arrangements amongst the group.

On the Vista , March 10th cruise. They scheduled the Meet and Mingle at 9:00am first day. This was 8:00am due to day light savings clock change. Even at 9, it would be during breakfast for most people. Whoever coordinates this with Carnival should try to set up a more reasonable time. 71 signed up, 9 attended because of the scheduled time.

I agree that is too early a time for a M&G. In the future it won't make much difference, however, since the number of reads for Roll Calls is really dwindling. I think we all know why and I won't go into it. Without a large following, it will be difficult to arrange any get togethers, Carnival or private.

Carnival just started hosting CC meet and greets within the past couple of years. Prior to that, it was all private thru CC Roll Calls.

CC members whined because Royal hosted Meet and Greets but Carnival didn’t. So, Carnival started hosting them.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Carnival just started hosting CC meet and greets within the past couple of years. Prior to that, it was all private thru CC Roll Calls.

CC members whined because Royal hosted Meet and Greets but Carnival didn’t. So, Carnival started hosting them.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Carnival could have done a much better job timewise in doing this.

They do it purposely.