Queen Mary 2 Carribean in November

Jeffrey1950

Hi everyone: I am anxiously awaiting this trip and although I have done the Caribbean twice with other lines never with Cunard. I think I more or less have it worked out what to wear each evening my thoughts are though just how dressed up does someone get on the first and last evening? When it is a theme evening surely not everyone dresses accordingly, although a lot of people probably do I myself would not want to do this so is it okay just to were normal formal/informal attire or would I look out of place? Thank you for any comments in reply to this post. I am sure there will be more questions as time goes by...oh, one last question for now has anyone used the Luggage Service and had their luggage picked up before hand and if so is it expensive?

Generally the first evening is smart - I think much the same as any other evening.

Themed evenings are usually only followed by a handful of people and generally they are those that frequent the Queen's Room. Although most do follow the black and white evening. If you don't wish to dress according to the theme, simply wear the appropriate dress code and nobody will know any different.

I haven't used the baggage service, and am not sure if you mean the White Star service or the Baggage Handling Company. The BHC are reasonably priced and while I haven't used them personally, I know several who have, and been very happy.

Hope this helps.

Yes, your response is a big help !! I already have an outfit planned for the black/white just did not want to feel out of place on the other evenings. It is also good to know about the luggage service, the one mentioned was the one I was considering. November, is a long time off but I always say half the fun is in the planning. Thank you !!

As the Dowager Countess of Grantham said, "One doesn't dress on the first night of a voyage." ;) The same applies on the last night. However, Cunard passengers are fashionably attired - smart casual seems a likely description on the first and last nights. We usually don a jacket over trousers and a shirt/blouse with a tie for my husband and possibly a scarf for me. We try to adhere to the themed nights for a bit of extra fun and I would estimate about 1/4 to 1/3 of the passengers do, too. As cruiseluvva mentioned, the Black and White Ball is the one almost everyone follows - it's easy and is supposed to honor the officers, as I understand. BTW we did the Caribbean cruise on the QM2 right after Thanksgiving last year and disembarked on December 8, enjoying the Christmas decorations onboard. May you have calm seas and smooth sailing.

Edited by newcruise
Error

The informal dress code normally specifies a jacket for men, but there's a recognition that not everyone may have received their luggage in time to dress for dinner so there is a little leeway on the first night.

IMO that's the only reason one shouldn't be wearing a jacket on the first night.

Round trip...how exciting, have been looking into that for next year. Only, snag is I travel solo and have to pay the supplement with can be rather high for one person but I figure I am worth it I just tell my son that I am spending his inheritance money...truth is I am busy making tomorrow's memories !!

I'm considering this voyage as well (would be my first on Cunard)! I assume that the dress formality wouldn't necessarily change, but since this is more port intensive than say a traditional crossing, would there still be the large selection of daily activities scheduled? I would be traveling solo and look forward to having choices to keep myself occupied during the day if I'm not on an excursion.

I'm considering this voyage as well (would be my first on Cunard)! I assume that the dress formality wouldn't necessarily change, but since this is more port intensive than say a traditional crossing, would there still be the large selection of daily activities scheduled? I would be traveling solo and look forward to having choices to keep myself occupied during the day if I'm not on an excursion.

Glad to know that I may not be the only " solo " female on board.

Glad to know that I may not be the only " solo " female on board.

If (or should I say when) ;) I book this voyage, I will be sure to sign up in the roll call...it would be great to see a friendly face on board.

Kelly

If (or should I say when) ;) I book this voyage, I will be sure to sign up in the roll call...it would be great to see a friendly face on board.

Kelly

Sounds like a plan. I will make sure I sign up for the Roll Call if there is one.

Lizz