Regal Chef's Table

ExDean

Can some of you Regal cruisers who dined at the Chef's Table give some insights? We have experienced the CT on two previous cruises and are looking to do another on our upcoming cruise. Thank you for what you'd like to share.

It's often veal, and they can be minging with filling your wine glass up

Both minuses for us, we have stopped attending

Translation please.

We enjoyed chef's table on the Regal. The food was excellent and the wine plentiful. The table is beautiful.

We were sitting next to the Chef's Table in the Allegro dining room. That curtain was "interesting" sort of too glitchy. The passengers seemed very happy and the presentation was beautiful. Our waiter told us that it's $115 now

Chef's Table on the Royal

38764744221_64a2e70aaf_b.jpgChefs Table

Kitchen

39316775721_406aafe261_k.jpg

One of the best meals that I've ever eaten. DW could not attend due to a shellfish allergy.

Veal Lobster, Steak. The meal lasted three hours between the kitchen tour, Hors d'oeuvres, champagne, wine and deserts.

I felt it was worth the money and will do it again

Howard

A link to our experience

While it was fantastic, we did it the following year different ship. EXACT same menu that was disapointing and service was not as "polished". Sorry, won't do it again.

Translation please.

We enjoyed chef's table on the Regal. The food was excellent and the wine plentiful. The table is beautiful.

A minus is a negative, like the con in pros and cons, something we did not like.

DW could not attend due to a shellfish allergy.
We just participated in the Chef's Table Lumiere on the February 11 sailing of the Regal. One of the people in the group had a shellfish allergy and special dishes were prepared for him for every course that included shellfish. I am surprised that they were not able to accommodate your wife.

We also attended the Winemaker's Dinner and a woman with a shellfish allergy was also presented with modified or substitute dishes.

Griller....curious about your use of the word "minging" in reference to filling the wine glasses. The definition I found for the word is, "something unsavory or long past its best."

Thanks.

Griller....curious about your use of the word "minging" in reference to filling the wine glasses. The definition I found for the word is, "something unsavory or long past its best."

Thanks.

We use it in the sense of inadequate, i.e. not enough or mean with it, its a regional slang thing I expect and probably incorrect. Probably a corruption of mingy, which is a combination of mean and stingy. For me they're interchangeable, I am not expert on grammar but I might use one as an adverb and the other as an adjective.

Have to be careful in UK not to accidentally use the similar sounding noun as that means something else entirely which I won't describe on here, save to say I don't have one.

I think the wine waiter at the last Chef's Table I attended must have though it was a wine tasting, he didn't want to put more than about an inch of wine at a time and wasn't too quick to come round again either, there was a lot of wine left over at the end of the meal from the number of bottles which had been put out.

We just participated in the Chef's Table Lumiere on the February 11 sailing of the Regal. One of the people in the group had a shellfish allergy and special dishes were prepared for him for every course that included shellfish. I am surprised that they were not able to accommodate your wife.

We also attended the Winemaker's Dinner and a woman with a shellfish allergy was also presented with modified or substitute dishes.

I've been told that (at least in the past) there was quite a demand for CT, so much so that anyone with a food allergy would not be given a reservation, so that others (who could enjoy the entire experience) could go instead. Maybe that is different with CT Lumiere.

I've been told that (at least in the past) there was quite a demand for CT, so much so that anyone with a food allergy would not be given a reservation, so that others (who could enjoy the entire experience) could go instead. Maybe that is different with CT Lumiere.
We have attended 8 Chef's Tables on various Princess ships. There has almost always been one or more guests with food allergies or who did not drink alcohol; they all received alternative dishes or drinks.

My understanding is that people are placed on a list in the order that they call the "Dine Line" to sign up. That is why we always call as soon as we can after boarding. On our last cruise (7 Nights), there was so much demand that there were four Chef 's Tables.